Aftermarket Wheel Swap?

teparker06

Reaction score
Cars
2022 Lucid Air DE
DE Number
Hey all! Looking for some guidance/clarity on wheel and tire set up.

I had a 2022 Model S Plaid that I put some Vossen wheels on, specs as follows:

21" Vossen HF5
Front 265/35/21, 9.5 width
Rear 295/30/21, 10.5 width

My Lucid is a 2022 DE Perf w/ the 21" showing in the photo (I believe they are actually the GT wheels? )

Anyone know if I can swap these without issues?

Very much appreciate any feedback/info!

Attachments

• IMG_1286.webp
    IMG_1286.webp
    2.6 MB · Views: 496
The 295 in the rear will poke out and rub if the standard alignment specs are followed. The 265 up front will be very close and will likely require the fender liner to be tighter against the wheel well.
IMG_5284.webp

IMG_5283.webp

Thanks for the response!
I know they no longer produce the DE, does it align more with the base air build, or the sapphire in this bit?
The wheel/tire I had on the plaid matches the size on the Sapphire set up.
I'm seeing issues with caliper clearance, and I assume the fender liner as you mentioned.

Is that 265 front on yours?

Thanks for the response!
I know they no longer produce the DE, does it align more with the base air build, or the sapphire in this bit?
I'm seeing issues with caliper clearance, and I assume the fender liner as you mentioned.

The DE is the exact same build as the GT from a body perspective. Battery chemistry and motor metallurgy may differ, but the body is the same.

The frunk and trunk covers are somewhat different (new versions), but only minor things like that.

The Sapphire is its own bad boy.

Thanks for the response!

The picture in the previous post is a 265 tire on a Tesla wheel mounted to the front of an Air GT. We didn’t see any caliper clearance problems but fender liner clearance was pretty tight.

Oh awesome, thank you for doing that!

I think I could deal with that mild tire protrusion on the outside. Did it seem like turning and suspension action will still clear or do you think there would be a concern for rubbing?

Oh awesome, thank you for doing that!

I think I could deal with that mild tire protrusion on the outside. Did it seem like turning and suspension action will still clear or do you think there would be a concern for rubbing?
The front fender liner can be tweaked to get the clearance needed. The back with 295 tires as found on the Tesla will rub for sure. There is no camber adjustment on the rear of the Air to help either.

Back