Adapter for charging lucid at tesla supercharger

What is the right adapter for charging lucid at a tesla supercharger
There is no adapter and you’re currently not able to do that. A few Tesla chargers have been fitted with CCS.

What is the right adapter for charging lucid at a tesla supercharger
Currently, the correct one is called Magic Dock.

As the name "Dock" suggests, it's docking, residing at a Tesla Supercharger stall. That's the only place you can use it return it back there. You can't buy it from Amazon or even from Tesla.

Ford and GM can't currently buy a Tesla adapter for their CCS cars. They have to wait until next year in 2024.

It's doubtful that you can buy an adapter if your car companies don't have an agreement with Tesla. In that case you have to use Magic Dock.

To use Magic Dock, you can download Tesla app and see if there is one near you. There are very few for now.

I thought the issue with the Supercharger Network is the cable length at each station is too short to reach the front driver's side of the Lucid.

Is that not the case?

I thought the issue with the Supercharger Network is the cable length at each station is too short to reach the front driver's side of the Lucid.

Is that not the case?
That's just an extra problem which is not unique to the Lucid.

Is that not the case?
Yeah you have to park sideways to access it, blocking multiple chargers unless the site you’re at has a separate charger not adjacent to others. The F150 lightning also has a hard time reaching it but can just barely do it, but the Lucid charge port is even further back from the bumper than the Lightning. Don’t waste your time unless you have no other options. I hope V4 stations will actually have the longer cable/magic dock. I’m now wondering however if that’s actually going to happen since now the pressure is on automakers to conform to Tesla standard rather than Tesla to add CCS adapter. 👎

Is that not the case?
Yes. The cable is very short as a design to keep non-Tesla cars away.

However, now Tesla doesn't want to say no to money from other brands to use its chargers.

Thus, it has opened up in Europe and people park any way they acrobatically can to reach the short cable.

The issue is one car may be so acrobatic that renders other stalls useless. For Lucid, just park parallel and occupy 3 stalls. It works fine because there's no Tesla security guards to give out tickets but citizens may use stand your ground law to settle parking dispute.

Tesla has since upgraded to v4 with 1000V and longer cables in Europe.

Yes. The cable is very short as a design to keep non-Tesla cars away.
No, the cable is short to reduce DC losses. The Tesla charge ports are at the driver’s rear and the cable reaches them with no problem. If other manufacturers put their charge port at that location, the cable would reach just fine.

No, the cable is short to reduce DC losses.
That's a good explanation for Tesla.

But then how can non-Tesla brand DC Fast Chargers all have very long cables that can reach the whole length of a car?

Despite claimed DC losses, how can new V4 Tesla Superchargers come with longer cables now?

But then how can non-Tesla brand DC Fast Chargers all have very long cables that can reach the whole length of a car?

Despite claimed DC losses, how can new V4 Tesla Superchargers come with longer cables now?

CCS stations need longer cables to accommodate all EVs, although I don't think they will reach the length of the car. Lucids & Rivians need to pull in nose first. My GV-60 needs to be backed in.

Tesla has the advantage of being standardized. Every car has the charge port in the same place.

The longer cables will have more losses, but they will still work.

Yeah you have to park sideways to access it, blocking multiple chargers unless the site you’re at has a separate charger not adjacent to others. The F150 lightning also has a hard time reaching it but can just barely do it, but the Lucid charge port is even further back from the bumper than the Lightning. Don’t waste your time unless you have no other options. I hope V4 stations will actually have the longer cable/magic dock. I’m now wondering however if that’s actually going to happen since now the pressure is on automakers to conform to Tesla standard rather than Tesla to add CCS adapter. 👎
I think this is a positive not a negative. The Tesla design now NACS is much better. I hope any animosity at Lucid re Tesla does not delay them from making the inevitable and right decision to go to NACS, and yes, with Ford and GM on board it is inevitable. I‘m fine with buying and having an adaptor in the trunk.

What adapter is used to connect to a level 2 tesla charger at a hotel, business, etc.?

The newer cables are water cooled and also thinner. And why would Tesla initially make longer cables, when it was not necessary for their cars? If other manufacturers at the time really wanted to use the Tesla superchargers, they could have standardized on the charge port location. I think it’s a chicken/egg problem, Tesla didn’t make the cable shorter because they didn’t want others to charge. There were no others, other than a Nissan, and they had their own standard.

I remember when I had my first Tesla Model S more than 10 years ago, the DC fast chargers where no more than 50kW, with CCS1 more rare than ChaDeMo. Those chargers had longer fatter cables, but then they were only 50kW.

What adapter is used to connect to a level 2 tesla charger at a hotel, business, etc.?
There are several threads discussing this. Here is one

I have an adapter to use Tesla destination chargers... but understand that Tesla is opening their service to everyone... just need a special adaptor,... when will we see this? my friend with a Rivian is supposed to get his next month...

Lucid​

Lucid has announced that its new vehicles will start adopting Tesla's proprietary NACS charge port in 2025. The company also said that current Lucid models that feature a CCS-type port will be compatible with an adapter that allows them to charge at the Tesla Supercharger network too.

I used the station for vehicles with trailers at a magic dock tesla supercharger to get it to work.

Attachments

• IMG_0120.jpeg
    8 MB · Views: 57
I have an adapter to use Tesla destination chargers... but understand that Tesla is opening their service to everyone... just need a special adaptor,... when will we see this? my friend with a Rivian is supposed to get his next month...
In 2025

In the quote that you cited, it's 2025.

Just because there's an adapter, that doesn't mean the charge is authorized.

Supercharger authorization can be as below:

1. Magic Dock Superchargers that have built-in CCS1 adapter. The authorization is done by using Tesla app.

2. Your car's brand has authorized it: Ford, Rivian for now. Lucid in 2025.

I used the station for vehicles with trailers at a magic dock tesla supercharger to get it to work.
How fast did it charge and which trim is yours?

How fast did it charge and which trim is yours?
I have an AWD pure… it was a while ago and I did it for the novelty to test it out so I honestly do not recall the speed but it was GOOD.

The one I went to was actually the very same one MKBHD took his Rivian to in his video testing out the magic dock.

Back