Acceptable level of glass roof warping?

Maddraven

Cars
2022 LUCID AGT
Every person who spots my GT seems to identify a new issue. The latest was warping in the back half of the glass roof. See the reflection of vertical lines in the picture attached. Interested as to whether I am being too picky. (I’ve got much bigger problems to focus on like loose trim and non-working sound system — see the thread on those here —https://lucidowners.com/threads/trim-issues.2816/)

Perhaps, this amount of warping is “normal/expected”?

Attachments

• CC4E1ACC-E03B-4E71-87DC-9483C1502CDE.jpeg
    CC4E1ACC-E03B-4E71-87DC-9483C1502CDE.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 269
I don’t think I’d worry about the glass. Now about the alignment of the trim above the door and slight dings in the roof rail…

How does glass warp? Was it a small manufacturing defect? Nonetheless, it doesn't look that bad. Good looking car.

It’s been a month of ownership. Got some of the trim issues sorted. The driver side rear door trim that @EricM noted has been replaced and is is now much closer to being properly aligned. (Will never be perfectly aligned but again I’m looking for good enough, not new-car level perfection).

My focus now is on the seating/alignment of the rear glass panel. It seems twisted to the passenger side such that at its front edge it is 5mm closer to the passenger side cantrail than it is to the driver side one. At the rear of the panel, these are reversed — it is 5mm closer to driver side than passenger side.

It is also misaligned vertically. It is a few MM higher than the front panel on the passenger side and a few Mm lower than the from panel on the driver side.

Finally, the gasket between front and back does not appear properly seated and may have gaps.

These issues became apparent after I parked it at SLc airport (interior of parking garage structure) where (despite being undercover) it was covered in dust. Pictures attached but difficult to focus with iPhone camera.

Is this within the vehicle’s tolerances?

Attachments

• 6125E4BB-20FF-4720-AAB1-9D369EB5B991.jpeg
    6125E4BB-20FF-4720-AAB1-9D369EB5B991.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
  • DE2C46B0-4212-40E5-AC3B-A89DC131C191.jpeg
    DE2C46B0-4212-40E5-AC3B-A89DC131C191.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134
  • A78F43B9-597B-40E6-8711-1B33278EA9E6.jpeg
    A78F43B9-597B-40E6-8711-1B33278EA9E6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 132
It’s been a month of ownership. Got some of the trim issues sorted. The driver side rear door trim that @EricM noted has been replaced and is is now much closer to being properly aligned. (Will never be perfectly aligned but again I’m looking for good enough, not new-car level perfection).

My focus now is on the seating/alignment of the rear glass panel. It seems twisted to the passenger side such that at its front edge it is 5mm closer to the passenger side cantrail than it is to the driver side one. At the rear of the panel, these are reversed — it is 5mm closer to driver side than passenger side.

It is also misaligned vertically. It is a few MM higher than the front panel on the passenger side and a few Mm lower than the from panel on the driver side.

Finally, the gasket between front and back does not appear properly seated and may have gaps.

These issues became apparent after I parked it at SLc airport (interior of parking garage structure) where (despite being undercover) it was covered in dust. Pictures attached but difficult to focus with iPhone camera.

Is this within the vehicle’s tolerances?
The height difference is within tolerances, but the gasket should be fully seated around. I would contact service and see if they can realign it for you.

The height difference is within tolerances, but the gasket should be fully seated around. I would contact service and see if they can realign it for you.
thanks. I am having them come out this week. Hopefully this is the last trim issue For me.

Back