A call from my DA

No payment should be made until the vehicle has cleared ALL PDI and a delivery date is scheduled.

Almost every single one of those is a customer delivery. DAYUM!
One of them in Houston better be mine but I dont see a Quantum grey. EUGENE is my Sa as well and he called me this morning to say they are reinspecting but then he called this afternoon and said the car was ready therefore I will be sending the money tomorrow and get delivery either May27th or most likely June 7th.

Good morning to you all, I'm new to this forum and to the EV world.

I'm glad I found this forum as I'm getting pretty upset with this whole ordering process. Seems that others are in the same holding pattern as me.

I'll try you keep this short. My order was placed in Nov 2021 (White, Santa Cruz, 21"), I've received my VIN (5-4). Purchase agreement / DocuSign signed and wire payment posted (5-5). I've been waiting to hear when a delivery agent will be assigned to me. I received an email from my Lucid agent yesterday, saying there are delays due to quality reinspections. He is unable to give me a timeline when I will be getting delivery of my Grand Touring.

Setting aside the amount of money I've paid; getting this type of response does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I've really been trying to keep open minded, understanding it's a new startup company etc. However, when you take full payment on the vehicle; this gravitates to a whole new level and you better have solid answers to simple questions such as "what is the delivery date?".
My VIN to delivery was 3 weeks, that was before they added an extra week to PDI and it would have saved me one service visit had my car had a more thorough PDI, so I wouldn’t get too frustrated yet, although it’s tough because I know you want your car!

It does feel like it shouldn't be that difficult to standardize and improve the payment process. There is no consistency there and really, there should be the option for everyone to pay for some or all of the car at the point of pickup or when it's left the center to be delivered to your house.

And this fix doesn't require an improvement to the software ;).
I agree, once you pay 100% they have no incentive to rush.

Coltonw011, I hear what you are saying and I agree with you about waiting. However knowing they have a huge backlog with inspections, they shouldn't have let me make the final payment.

The full story gets even better for me. I sold my existing vehicle so I could purchase the Lucid; I did this after clearing it with my agent ("sure go on, you'll have it in two weeks"). So now I'm pay on rental car, paying interest on a car I do not have and do not have a clue when I'll have it.

I'm not blaming my Lucid rep, I'm blaming my self for getting too excited and not thinking about the "what if's". I do want to state Lucid has reached out to me as I've been typing this post, they are reassuring me they understand my situation and will make things right. Soooo let's see what happens, I'll be sure to keep you all posted with my outcome.

Take care!
Your situation is unique in that you incurred extra expense based on Lucid‘s estimate of delivery. I think it’s reasonable to request they reimburse your rental. I did not know my exact delivery date until a few days before, and then we had to move it because of my work schedule being chaotic. The delivery slow down is also partly due to the availability of truck drivers.

Last edited:
My VIN to delivery was 3 weeks, that was before they added an extra week to PDI and it would have saved me one service visit had my car had a more thorough PDI, so I wouldn’t get too frustrated yet, although it’s tough because I know you want your car!
Tailc, I share your pain. You have waited for what must seem an eternity. I have only started my wait a month ago and already, it seem forever. The way I look at your situation is that you should be getting a car that has gone through a thorough (I hope) extra inspection that will minimize the likelihood of needing to send the car back to fix things. Thus, in the long term, it should save you hassles.... at least in theory. Hang in there bro, you are so close to getting your car and I am envious.

Apparently Houston is less affected than the other service centers. Their most recent deliveries were after the issue at the factory was identified/fixed.

You do realize that the Lucid Insider gets most of his information from this site?

Apparently Houston is less affected than the other service centers. Their most recent deliveries were after the issue at the factory was identified/fixed.
That is great but I believe my car has been there for at least two weeks.

Yes I realize that. My point was posting a link to a site when the information is already right here.
I'm fairly certain that almost any news that isn't officially released is gleaned from this forum for all the websites/publications.

I totally can relate to your frustration. I was unwilling to process my transaction, unti I mandated that go to service center to inspect the car first. But after I saw my car, it was ❤️ at first sight. I rushed and went to BoA for processing. The financial advisor said, “That much for that car? Lucid, never even heard of it. Are you sure you are not being scammed?”
Completely agree. I will not wire funds until I see my car. They can keep the car unregistered for the few hours it takes for a wire transfer to hit their account.

Anyone watch the Bears workshop flyover videos?

In the May 23 flyover there were so many (maybe a hundred) cars uncovered? A few weeks ago these videos showed many dozens of covered cars? Can we infer that these are unfinished goods and not ready to be shipped? Maybe a parts issue.

In the May 23 flyover there were so many (maybe a hundred) cars uncovered? A few weeks ago these videos showed many dozens of covered cars? Can we infer that these are unfinished goods and not ready to be shipped? Maybe a parts issue.

Though we don't know the reason, I believe uncovered means waiting to be finished is the general consensus. When those reddit posts were made, I reached out and they both said there are more cars inside.

Look like 150~200 new cars in parking lot today.
Could they just ran out of cover and not bother and let the Service Center clean them?

Trucking also a problem, some cars get damaged in transit. and truckers are also in short supply.

Trucking not a problem when you have nothing ready to ship…

Lucid typically puts covers on the cars when they are just sitting there. No covers to me and the location where they are sitting tells me they are either missing something or awaiting inspections.

Back