A call from my DA

groundhog

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Grand Touring
Just received a call from Eugene with the news that there is a hold on deliveries because the cars are being reinspected to make sure there are no major issues upon acceptance. I knew that my car has been in Goose Island for some weeks now. Thanks to this forum this was not new information to me but still appreciated the call from him. Quite sure that Lucid management is feeling the pressure from this group who want answers. He could not commit when the car would be ready. Oh well.

All cars or your car?
Certainly more than just my car. Last week when I visited the Goose Island facility to make sure my car was there before implementing my loan payment from BofA they said that there were approximately 90 cars in the facility.

Get those cars out! 90 cars seems like a lot to be holding.

I wonder if it is the same at all Service Centers? If so, there are quite a number of cars to inspect and fix before they can deliver. Sounds like a big backlog.

I was told it was nationwide. No deliveries until the cars are all inspected, or something to that effect. Though apparently some are being delivered as evidenced by @JimHouston getting his grey GT 2 days ago.

Get those cars out! 90 cars seems like a lot to be holding.
To be fair Goose Island is the PDI destination for the entire Midwest and much of the Northeast.

I was told it was nationwide. No deliveries until the cars are all inspected, or something to that effect. Though apparently some are being delivered as evidenced by @JimHouston getting his grey GT 2 days ago.
Our Houston Service Center always has plenty in the show room.

F843807C-DF72-4D92-AD5E-44820302FFE0.jpeg

Almost every single one of those is a customer delivery. DAYUM!
They are churning fast. When I got mine 4 weeks ago, I was told there are less than 25 in Texas. Then 2 weeks ago before I swing by the center next to PPF shop, DA told me about 75 in Texas now. At that rate, Texas may already have 100+.

Good morning to you all, I'm new to this forum and to the EV world.

I'm glad I found this forum as I'm getting pretty upset with this whole ordering process. Seems that others are in the same holding pattern as me.

I'll try you keep this short. My order was placed in Nov 2021 (White, Santa Cruz, 21"), I've received my VIN (5-4). Purchase agreement / DocuSign signed and wire payment posted (5-5). I've been waiting to hear when a delivery agent will be assigned to me. I received an email from my Lucid agent yesterday, saying there are delays due to quality reinspections. He is unable to give me a timeline when I will be getting delivery of my Grand Touring.

Setting aside the amount of money I've paid; getting this type of response does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I've really been trying to keep open minded, understanding it's a new startup company etc. However, when you take full payment on the vehicle; this gravitates to a whole new level and you better have solid answers to simple questions such as "what is the delivery date?".

Would you rather them deliver the vehicle with misaligned panels, causing service center visits or mobile service visits? Or can you just wait until they sort it out and deliver a good product? You were going to spend the money regardless if you had it tomorrow or a few weeks from now..
I took delivery of mine with a cracked rear windshield, only because it was a constrained part and was given a timeline of 3 weeks to 3 months to get it repaired. Fortunately got the call that it goes back Monday via trailer to have it replaced (3 weeks). Lucid service has been amazing.

Good morning to you all, I'm new to this forum and to the EV world.

I'm glad I found this forum as I'm getting pretty upset with this whole ordering process. Seems that others are in the same holding pattern as me.

I'll try you keep this short. My order was placed in Nov 2021 (White, Santa Cruz, 21"), I've received my VIN (5-4). Purchase agreement / DocuSign signed and wire payment posted (5-5). I've been waiting to hear when a delivery agent will be assigned to me. I received an email from my Lucid agent yesterday, saying there are delays due to quality reinspections. He is unable to give me a timeline when I will be getting delivery of my Grand Touring.

Setting aside the amount of money I've paid; getting this type of response does not give me the warm and fuzzies. I've really been trying to keep open minded, understanding it's a new startup company etc. However, when you take full payment on the vehicle; this gravitates to a whole new level and you better have solid answers to simple questions such as "what is the delivery date?".
I totally can relate to your frustration. I was unwilling to process my transaction, unti I mandated that go to service center to inspect the car first. But after I saw my car, it was ❤️ at first sight. I rushed and went to BoA for processing. The financial advisor said, “That much for that car? Lucid, never even heard of it. Are you sure you are not being scammed?”

Coltonw011, I hear what you are saying and I agree with you about waiting. However knowing they have a huge backlog with inspections, they shouldn't have let me make the final payment.

The full story gets even better for me. I sold my existing vehicle so I could purchase the Lucid; I did this after clearing it with my agent ("sure go on, you'll have it in two weeks"). So now I'm pay on rental car, paying interest on a car I do not have and do not have a clue when I'll have it.

I'm not blaming my Lucid rep, I'm blaming my self for getting too excited and not thinking about the "what if's". I do want to state Lucid has reached out to me as I've been typing this post, they are reassuring me they understand my situation and will make things right. Soooo let's see what happens, I'll be sure to keep you all posted with my outcome.

Take care!

Would you rather them deliver the vehicle with misaligned panels, causing service center visits or mobile service visits? Or can you just wait until they sort it out and deliver a good product? You were going to spend the money regardless if you had it tomorrow or a few weeks from now..
I took delivery of mine with a cracked rear windshield, only because it was a constrained part and was given a timeline of 3 weeks to 3 months to get it repaired. Fortunately got the call that it goes back Monday via trailer to have it replaced (3 weeks). Lucid service has been amazing.
Thats not really the relevant question. Two observations. 1- I was told they would not provide a delivery date until payment was made. They took payment, then informed me it was being sent to a secondary inspection center. That is unacceptable. Of course we all want the cars to be inspected and sent in proper order. They should not take payment that far in advance of vehicle delivery. 2- after taking payment, they need to be responsive to questions. Even if they have no info, communication is paramount and professional.

You say their customer service is great. I believe you that it may be after delivery. At this point, it is not acceptable prior to delivery.

Thats not really the relevant question. Two observations. 1- I was told they would not provide a delivery date until payment was made. They took payment, then informed me it was being sent to a secondary inspection center. That is unacceptable. Of course we all want the cars to be inspected and sent in proper order. They should not take payment that far in advance of vehicle delivery. 2- after taking payment, they need to be responsive to questions. Even if they have no info, communication is paramount and professional.

You say their customer service is great. I believe you that it may be after delivery. At this point, it is not acceptable prior to delivery.
I actually agree with you, payment should not have been requested until delivery was immanent. They really do need to have better internal communication between departments to ensure that things like this don’t happen. I think they will learn.

I actually agree with you, payment should not have been requested until delivery was immanent. They really do need to have better internal communication between departments to ensure that things like this don’t happen. I think they will learn.
I was told by my DA not to pay until the car was cleared for delivery, so I wonder if the payment recommendations vary by DA?

I agree with you as well. It's an incredible company. They are fixing these little things and doing a great job. I expect their internal communications will be exceptional in the end. I love the car and am excited and very happy for the most part.

It does feel like it shouldn't be that difficult to standardize and improve the payment process. There is no consistency there and really, there should be the option for everyone to pay for some or all of the car at the point of pickup or when it's left the center to be delivered to your house.

And this fix doesn't require an improvement to the software ;).

Back