2nd try to pick from service, still no go

andrew61

Verified Owner
Cars
BMW M4, Audi S4, Alfa 73
Last week I made it 1/2 way to lucid service and got the call that the break light is still not working. Today I got all the way there, still no go. They are thinking it might take another week. They think everything else is working.

Christopher was wonderful as usual, but I do want my car back someday!

Did they tell you the car was ready today and bring you all the way there to then keep it, or did you go on your own?

Also, why keep making new threads instead of just updating in the prior one?

Yes, they told me to come pick up the car. Same yesterday, it yesterday I got called on the way and turned around.

I can add to older posts if you like. Didn’t really think about it as this whole process (the car, not the forum) has been disjointed and as such so has my posts, but I am happy to do that going forward.

So, last time they told you they needed to keep it longer for a brake warning. What happened this time?

I arrived and he said the break lights was actually out, the center one. They have tried to fix it once already. There is some issues with moisture and wiring. i dont think they are worried about the actual breaks, but because they do not know what’s going on and we’ve had one other warning (system down or something like that?) they want to keep and fix the car. That’s fine with me. It’s slow and up and down, but it’s a complicated car and I assume once the bugs are worked out, it will be stable! It’s just the surround, the car drives perfectly.

Lucid called -- they need to replace the wiring harness to fix the break light issues. In diagnosing the problem, they cracked the rear glass on the car, so that needs to be replaced too.

While this is unfortunate, the wiring harness may be a catch-all fix for us, so I think it's a good fix. Is the rear (not the top) glass replacement a major issue? All work will happen at Milbrea service.

Does anyone have any insight into these problems?

Thanks,
Andrew

Lucid called -- they need to replace the wiring harness to fix the break light issues. In diagnosing the problem, they cracked the rear glass on the car, so that needs to be replaced too.

While this is unfortunate, the wiring harness may be a catch-all fix for us, so I think it's a good fix. Is the rear (not the top) glass replacement a major issue? All work will happen at Milbrea service.

Does anyone have any insight into these problems?

Thanks,
Andrew
Same thing happened to my rear glass at service once when they were replacing the cantrails. Wasn’t an issue. They even made sure let me know they’d be paying for my tint, since it was clearly their fault.

Those pieces of glass are within extremely tight tolerances. It’s pretty unique.

But yeah, won’t be there first time replacing either the front or back. :)

Huh... just got my car back from annual service (plugs, points, wires, oil change & filter, etc.) and they kept it an extra day to fix a faulty break light issue. Said it was wiring something something. Had intermittent warning a few months ago. Wonder if this is a thing ? (brake lights?)

Huh... just got my car back from annual service (plugs, points, wires, oil change & filter, etc.) and they kept it an extra day to fix a faulty break light issue. Said it was wiring something something. Had intermittent warning a few months ago. Wonder if this is a thing ? (brake lights?)
Just wondering what they do on an annual service, Plugs, and points on an EV?

Just wondering what they do on an annual service, Plugs, and points on an EV?
See the maintenance section of the manual.
Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 1.35.03 PM.png

There are still fluids to check in there :)

Back