2025 Volkswagen ID.7 Debuts With Up To 435-Mile Range In WLTP Test

Sapphire™

2025 Volkswagen ID.7 Debuts With Up To 435-Mile Range In WLTP Test

It arrives in Europe and China this fall. The electric sedan comes to North America in 2024.

1681832811781.png

The ID.7 is available in two trims: Pro and Pro S. Both have an electric motor making 282 horsepower (210 kilowatts). The Pro comes with a battery that has an 82-kilowatt-hour gross rating (77-kWh net) that provides an estimated WLTP-cycle range of 382 miles (615 kilometers). The system supports 170-kW DC charging.

The ID.7 is 195.3 inches (4,961 millimeters) long and has a 116.8-inch (2,966-mm) wheelbase. These figures are comparable to a Mercedes-Benz EQE electric sedan that is 196.9 inches long with a 122.8-inch wheelbase. Without counting the exterior mirrors, the VW is 73.31 inches (1,862 mm) wide. The body's drag coefficient is as low as 0.23, depending on the equipment a buyer chooses.

Inside, the ID.7 comes standard with an augmented reality head-up display. The technology lets the designers fit a simplified instrument cluster that only shows the legally necessary info like the vehicle speed and various warnings.

The augmented reality system makes information appear to be different distances away from the driver. For example, the speed appears to be close, but the turn arrows seem to be farther away. The info on display can include things like road lane markings, distance info, and speed limit. Controls on the steering wheel allow for adjusting the info on the HUD to what the driver wants to see."

Continues in the link.

But 700 kilometres on the WLTP!🤔

It's interesting that VW keeps introducing their EVs in only single-motor configuration initially. They did it with the ID.4, are doing it with the ID.Buzz, and now with this car. It seems odd that they can't/won't get the dual-motor versions into production at the outset, especially as many snow belt buyers will only consider AWD vehicles.

I really like the ID.3, which never made it to the States. The ID.4 is okay, if you're into crossovers. The Buzz is super-cool retro. The design and execution on that one is the best EV I've seen from VW. This one just seems like a bland, bigger ID.4. I'm sure it will sell well, but it's so uninspiring.

I really like the ID.3, which never made it to the States. The ID.4 is okay, if you're into crossovers. The Buzz is super-cool retro. The design and execution on that one is the best EV I've seen from VW. This one just seems like a bland, bigger ID.4. I'm sure it will sell well, but it's so uninspiring.

We're certainly seeing a lot more Ioniq 5's on the roads around Naples, FL than VW ID.4's. A good friend bought an early (single-motor) ID.4 and loves it. It has been problem-free except for the corrected software that keeps getting delayed. I think it's a handsome exterior even if a bit staid, but it has a stylishly funky interior and loads of interior room and comfort. It's also a deceptively large vehicle whose size doesn't really jump out until you see it parked next to other cars.

I just do not understand, though, why Germans keep producing EVs with no frunk -- even single-motor cars. It's as if they have no idea of the design and packaging vistas that an electric drivetrain can open up.

The Buzz has middle windows that don't go down...

Back