20 way Purluxe v standard leather

Reactor

Does anyone know what the difference is in comfort between the 20 way Purluxe and 14 way real leather? I assume it is softer? Does anyone know why they opted to have the 20 way seats in synthetic leather only?

I can say that PurLuxe is soft and very comfortable.. Might even be more comfortable than leather --especially with the 20 way seats.. I imagine that it might be easier to fabricate than leather with all of the functions and features in the 20 way seat. That said, I have some serious concerns about its durability, If you do a search on upholstery issues here you will see that there have been a group of owners reporting Purluxe tears on driver's seat bolster. I have tears in mine.

The leather is awesome and smells heavenly. This is the best new car smell I’ve ever experienced. The massage seats are also really awesome. I use that feature all the time.

Does anyone know what the difference is in comfort between the 20 way Purluxe and 14 way real leather? I assume it is softer? Does anyone know why they opted to have the 20 way seats in synthetic leather only?
I have not experienced the Purluxe, but I'm wondering if they may have chosen to have the more complex seats in the synthetic leather as I suspect it might be more durable. I have a 2022 Air GT with leather massaging seats and they're starting to bubble in the seat portion. There's no actual breakdown, just doesn't look great. Generally seat issues are considered wear and tear and not warranty items unless the vehicle is pretty new. I personally love the look and feel of the real leather however I've heard the Purluxe is great.

Back