2 Week Review

does that mean the car rolls backwards even when you have the brake depressed?
I got 293 yesterday and it does not roll back at all. Tested a few times on hills. Maybe it’s a setting deeper in.

I have had my Lucid Air Dream edition for 2 weeks - here are my initial observations

+
the build quality is very good and I like the exterior design very much (everyone comments about it very positively)
the Lucid drives and handles very nicely
the fit and finish of the interior is very nice and the use of materials is very refreshing
the shape of the dash is very nice (although the shape might hinder functionality)
the steering wheel is particularly nice in its feel and design (except for the right volume control knob which you have to keep moving up or down - it doesn’t fully rotate) and the flat bottom is hefty in a very good way
the front headlights provide excellent visibility (but you see 4 “black squares” in the upper part of the illumination which is annoying)

-
the A pillars are extremely think and because of the angle of the windshield create a large visibility problem
the sun visor is right in the middle of the windshield and greatly negates the visibility advantage of such a large piece of glass - it should either fold in 1/2 or be mounted on the side like the Tesla X
the front windshield also appears slightly distorted because of its steep rake and the reflections from the upper dash
the floor mats are too light in color and show dirt almost immediately
the key is too plasticky and light and is not befitting the car
the dash shows the range when you get in or out of the car but when you are driving it only shows the battery %
when you are stopped the car will often roll backwards - this is unacceptable - even if you press on the brake firmly to lock the brake this often lasts for only a second or so and the car will roll backwards
the wireless phone charger will fit an iphone 13 pro max only if it is not in a case
the passenger airbag warning light stays on all the time if no one is in the passenger seat - it is bright orange and basically at eye level as it is by the rear view mirror - this is extremely annoying at night
the multi speaker stereo system sounds slightly above average but once again certainly not befitting a car of this price
the interior of the door pull is plastic and not in keeping with the rest of the interior - it should be alcantara or another substantial and tactile material
when driving sometimes you have to depress the accelerator a lot for the car to get up to speed (it can be very laggy) - it makes you feel like the car is pulling a trailer
because the door is so large and the windshield so sloped it it hard to reach out and close the door upon entry - it could really use the Tesla X door closing mechanism

im going to address the software/infotainment in a subsequent post as I have a lot of comments - and very few of them are positive
My car is very dialed in from the factory. I do not need to push on the accelerator much to get it going, in fact, in smooth mode I hit the accelerator with an accidental small tap and it through everyone’s head back in the car and I was apologizing to them.

I got 293 yesterday, this car has blown my mind. Amazing in so many respects I can overlook minor imperfections for now. Anybody putting out quality like this on their first run is bound to improve any and all “defects”. Yes I have my personal opinions too, and will express them when I have more time with the car.

***Dropping off for PPF and other items, here’s what I'm thinking:
1. Prep and Full car PPF
2. Tint front and rear side windows.
3. Clear xpel shield over windshield and back roof
4. Ceramic coat the PPF after applied
5. Ceramic coat any outside pieces other than sensors in front
6. Possible ceramic treat inside carpet and original floor mats which I replaced immediately with gray motor trend mats as suggested by hydbob

My terminology is a little off I’m sure. Am I forgetting anything on the protection front?
Why not tint the windshield and rear window? Also tint the rear roof glass?

I got 293 yesterday and it does not roll back at all. Tested a few times on hills. Maybe it’s a setting deeper in.
That was my experience as well when I test drive it. I didn't stop on a slope though so maybe that causes it to roll slowly?

Why not tint the windshield and rear window? Also tint the rear roof glass?
Good idea. Can you legally tint the front and considering the front windshield — if I can’t tint the front window legally and just the front roof and apply clear Xpel shield to front windshield there will be a seam? Am I reading your thoughts correctly?

That was my experience as well when I test drive it. I didn't stop on a slope though so maybe that causes it to roll slowly?
Mine basically puts on a brake when I stop flat or on a hill at a stop light. This is my first EV

I wouldn't call it an issue, but rather a feature. Smooth mode is called "smooth" for a reason. Electric motors produce their maximum torque at 0 rpm, and the Air produces truly prodigious torque. Smooth mode deliberately retards initial throttle response so as to make it easier to launch the car gently when keeping passengers calm and collected is the priority.

If you're wanting more punch off the line, Swift mode picks up the pace more quickly. Sprint mode, which unleashes an instant tsunami of torque, can make your passengers want to vomit . . . if that's the mood they've put you in.
No, I’m not interested in punch. It’s not a feature, as it’s something that comes and goes.

It’s the creep setting. It needs to be turned off to keep from rolling.

Good idea. Can you legally tint the front and considering the front windshield — if I can’t tint the front window legally and just the front roof and apply clear Xpel shield to front windshield there will be a seam? Am I reading your thoughts correctly?
In California, you can do a 90 tint legally. I did 70 and it was all one piece for the entire front glass.

In California, you can do a 90 tint legally. I did 70 and it was all one piece for the entire front glass.
My guy is putting EXOSHIELD on the outside front windshield with no seam present along with EXOSHIELD on back roof outside. Then he will apply clear heat rejection film on the inside windshield and back seat roof with no extra tinting. He is tinting back and all side windows only. We are also putting PPF gloss black to over silver roof and sode mirrors to match side window tinting to make entire roof and windows appear black from side and back. If I don’t like black PPF he will remove it and then we can go back to the silver two-tone look, which I enjoy as well.

My guy is putting EXOSHIELD on the outside front windshield with no seam present along with EXOSHIELD on back roof outside. Then he will apply clear heat rejection film on the inside windshield and back seat roof with no extra tinting. He is tinting back and all side windows only. We are also putting PPF gloss black to over silver roof and sode mirrors to match side window tinting to make entire roof and windows appear black from side and back. If I don’t like black PPF he will remove it and then we can go back to the silver two-tone look, which I enjoy as well.
How well does the EXPSHIELD hold up? Everything I read about exterior films on the windshield said that it was hard to keep up because of dirt and grit that gets in between the wipers and the film and it starts scratching it.

Pics of the final product. I was toying with blacking out the roof and mirror tops as well

Back