2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

I used Alexa in the car to control certain SmartHome functions - turning on lights, HVAC etc. But I can configure Siri to do the same things so nbd.

Does “Hey Siri” work with Amazon Music? That could be your workaround
Yes but that is essentially via CarPlay so no high res audio.

I was looking so forward to this update until realizing Alexa will be gone. I use it frequently when I get notifications in my car. I’m still looking forward to the update but not quite as much now.
Exactly where I am. I’m excited for the DDpro enhancements but not sure why lucid would take away Alexa. There had to be a commercial agreement issue?

Exactly where I am. I’m excited for the DDpro enhancements but not sure why lucid would take away Alexa. There had to be a commercial agreement issue?
Maybe because for most Alexa barely worked and there was nothing Lucid could do to fix it other than hope Amazon doesn't lay off more of its engineers.
It may be an unfortunate step back for you right now, but I'd bet you will soon see it catch up in some ways and exceed in others.

Existing update!
Anybody received the update other than beta testing problem?

Yes but that is essentially via CarPlay so no high res audio.
I had ver tried to play via Siri, and it looks like it does work but no hi res. Once I initiated Amazon Music via Siri, it got stuck on Amazon Music and I couldn’t play something from Audacy unless I force closed the Amazon Music app. Perhaps iOS 18, which will be released imminently will improve this behavior.

Wohooooo... eagerly waiting for an update. Will soon be travelling from Boston to Philly. Can't wait to try these on highway for extended period.

This is quite unfortunate. Whether it was advertised or not, our family enjoyed listening to music and using it for other things through Alexa. This was the only way I could listen to higher res audio through Amazon music. Was there licensing reasons for this?

There was a rumor of a native Amazon music app.. is that on the horizon?
You can access it through CarPlay with the Amazon Music App installed on your phone you should be able to say “Siri, play X on Amazon Music”.

I can confirm that it takes 135 minutes. I will try to report my opinion tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_201818_Lucid.webp
    Screenshot_20240907_201818_Lucid.webp
    2.6 KB · Views: 148
Maybe because for most Alexa barely worked and there was nothing Lucid could do to fix it other than hope Amazon doesn't lay off more of its engineers.
It may be an unfortunate step back for you right now, but I'd bet you will soon see it catch up in some ways and exceed in others.
I agree that it barely worked to control the car functions but it worked well as a generic Alexa device as long cell signal was decent.

The only car function I ever really used Alexa for was the rear sunshade, so I won’t miss it. I’m sure Hey Lucid will do that, if not immediately then soon.

Regardless of this minor issue I am SUPER excited for this update, especially the DDPro stuff. Alas I’m out of town for the week so will have to wait until I get back to play with it

I cant wait to get the update. I am still waiting anxiously. I don't use Alexa in the car so I am looking forward to using the Lucid version to control Tidal songs.

DDPro uodate is something I have been waiting for. Cant wait.

I was using an IFTTT push button on my phone to close the garage when backing up. Cant wait for the update to the back up camera screen.

Tick tock

I cant wait to get the update. I am still waiting anxiously. I don't use Alexa in the car so I am looking forward to using the Lucid version to control Tidal songs.

DDPro uodate is something I have been waiting for. Cant wait.

I was using an IFTTT push button on my phone to close the garage when backing up. Cant wait for the update to the back up camera screen.

Tick tock
It works pretty well for Tidal. I played around with it quite a bit yesterday.

Although I have not received it yet, the description and commentary of the enhanced functionality are impressive. They are a testament to Lucid's commitment to excellence in every aspect of its operation. In my nearly two years of ownership, I have been delighted with the various systems, especially the dynamic characteristics of the AGT. It is unlike all legacy manufacturers with its ongoing user enhancements and validates my initial expectations of its technological reach.

Maybe I'll connect to wifi to see if it will arrive quicker.

Back