2.4.0 / 2.4.2 OTA

It's so rubust that they don't even have to list that as an item in the release notes.
How long is the install time?
135 minutes.

Its my understanding Alexa is gone after this update. I don't know if that will affect your ability to listen to Amazon Music.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I just called my phone and the original tone is back. WTH! 😂😂
What's a phone call? Is that one of those weird things lawyers do?

Its my understanding Alexa is gone after this update. I don't know if that will affect your ability to listen to Amazon Music.
Would be good if someone who received the update could confirm if you don’t enable the Lucid assistant does Alexa still function

I understand all of the frustrations with Alexa, but I personally used it to listen to Amazon Music. Will I still have access to Amazon Music?
Hi, everyone. This is a great thread to follow today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback.

We understand that the switch to Lucid Assistant may affect ways in which owners have previously interacted with the car. We will continue to enhance functionality of the Lucid Assistant, and we are looking into integrating additional media apps in Air. Amazon Music is not playable through Lucid Assistant as it was with Amazon Alexa, though owners can continue to use the Amazon Music app on iPhone through CarPlay or on their phone through Bluetooth.

Last edited:
Hi, everyone. This is a great thread to follow today. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

We understand that the switch to Lucid Assistant may affect ways in which owners have previously interacted with the car. We will continue to enhance functionality of the Lucid Assistant, and we are looking into integrating additional media apps in Air. Amazon Music is not playable through Lucid Assistant as it was with Amazon Alexa, though owners can continue to use the Amazon Music app on iPhone through CarPlay or on their phone through Bluetooth.
Thanks Marqie!

Alexa will no longer function with installation of the 2.4.0 update, regardless of whether Lucid Assistant is enabled.
This is quite unfortunate. Whether it was advertised or not, our family enjoyed listening to music and using it for other things through Alexa. This was the only way I could listen to higher res audio through Amazon music. Was there licensing reasons for this?

There was a rumor of a native Amazon music app.. is that on the horizon?

This is quite unfortunate. Whether it was advertised or not, our family enjoyed listening to music and using it for other things through Alexa. This was the only way I could listen to higher res audio through Amazon music. Was there licensing reasons for this?

Tidal is built-in and fairly user friendly. I would suggest migrating to that service as I would expect it to be high priority with voice integration (native app vs Amazon Music).

Tidal is built-in and fairly user friendly. I would suggest migrating to that service as I would expect it to be high priority with voice integration (native app vs Amazon Music).
I’m aware but we use Alexa and Amazon music in the house as well. Will be difficult to cut over and change behaviors. As a family we got used to Amazon music and even tried Apple Music via Alexa and went back to Amazon music.

Will have to see now.

I agree, very disappointing as I use Alexa to play music from services that aren’t integrated into the Lucid UI. Now I will be forced to fiddle with CarPlay to try to navigate to the services I want.

I used Alexa in the car to control certain SmartHome functions - turning on lights, HVAC etc. But I can configure Siri to do the same things so nbd.

Does “Hey Siri” work with Amazon Music? That could be your workaround

I was looking so forward to this update until realizing Alexa will be gone. I use it frequently when I get notifications in my car. I’m still looking forward to the update but not quite as much now.

Back