2.1.3 Update

One thing I noticed about the easy entry/exit feature is that it's very sequential. Seat moves back>steering wheel moves in>steering wheel moves up. (I have the seat at the lowest position so I don't know about that maneuver).
Hardly earthshattering, but having those movement be in parallel would be nice.
Still love the feature, though. It does making getting my lanky ass in and out much easier.
I've been trying to figure out how the seat moves in sequence and why for a while now.

One thing to keep in mind is that if you were to set the seat bolt upright and as high as it can go, it would crash into the roof. The seat prevents this from happening by not allowing you to set the recline at 90 degrees when the seat is raised up. If you try, the seat will start to go down rather than allow you to continue raising the seat back.

I think the"sequencing" of which parts move in what order has something to do with this.

It takes about 5 or 10 minutes… they simply hook their laptop to the ethernet port in the trunk and initiate the process. The seat will move to all of its different positions and the procedure will be complete. Not worried about the motors.
Unless your seat and headrest throw out errors. No Easy Exit for me until a new seat is available. It's actually not a hardship anymore because I have had the car long enough that I instinctively duck getting in/out. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Unless your seat and headrest throw out errors. No Easy Exit for me until a new seat is available. It's actually not a hardship anymore because I have had the car long enough that I instinctively duck getting in/out. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?
I pretty much automatically move the seat back with the lever on the side at the same time as I'm unclipping the seat belt. It's a habit from six months of driving this car and 4 1/2 years of doing it in my last car. If the easy entry works for me, that'll be great, but I'll have to unlearn to do the manual adjustment.

It takes about 5 or 10 minutes… they simply hook their laptop to the ethernet port in the trunk and initiate the process. The seat will move to all of its different positions and the procedure will be complete. Not worried about the motors.
Seattle Service center got back to me with an earlier appointment, but they want the car for a week. They said there could be other problems beyond loading the seat homing software. So much for a quick in/out trip to the service center.

Seattle Service center got back to me with an earlier appointment, but they want the car for a week. They said there could be other problems beyond loading the seat homing software. So much for a quick in/out trip to the service center.
That's strange. Have you had other problems? I had the seat homing update done on a mobile visit along with fixing a trim issue. He was only at my house for about an hour.

That's strange. Have you had other problems? I had the seat homing update done on a mobile visit along with fixing a trim issue. He was only at my house for about an hour.
Preventative maintenance. As they see issues with some cars, if they deem it an issue that will likely happen across the board, as opposed to isolated issues, they will perform that fix on every car that comes in thereafter, rather than wait for it to go wrong on all those other cars one by one. Saves you from having to bring the car back in multiple times. Saves the team time, too, as they already have the car there anyway. Fewer appointments to schedule. Fewer loaner cars / rentals. Less overhead.

Sort of like a recall, but for issues that aren't deemed dangerous. They don't have to force everyone to come in immediately. But if they have your car there, they might as well do those little things while they have it.

Nothing related to the Seats. Yesterday I started having to enter my Pin every time I wanted to drive. Initally after instlling the 2.1.3 everything was working fine except for the Easy Exit, so I am at a loss why it suddenly does recognize me. I am going to redo my profile and see if that fixes the problem.

Nothing related to the Seats. Yesterday I started having to enter my Pin every time I wanted to drive. Initally after instlling the 2.1.3 everything was working fine except for the Easy Exit, so I am at a loss why it suddenly does recognize me. I am going to redo my profile and see if that fixes the problem.
Low key fob battery ?

Nope, just changed last night. Sitting car right now and the damn thing worked like it is supposed to. Go figure. Maybe it didn’t recognize me with my hair cut?
It’s likely they want to perform the service bulletins that have come out since they last saw the car - there have been quite a few. The vast majority of them are just checks, and your car is probably fine, but a few are minor replacements and the like. Plus, if any of the checks come back negative, they’ll need to fix those.

It’s a “let’s get it all done” rather than have you come in multiple times.

To confirm, you can ask if they’re going to be checking all the service bulletins or TSBs since they last saw the car.

Nope, just changed last night. Sitting car right now and the damn thing worked like it is supposed to. Go figure. Maybe it didn’t recognize me with my hair cut?
If you put your key fob in the cup holder, the car can't seem to read it. That's happened to me a couple times, but when I moved it, all was well (even if I just moved the fob down into the phone chargers' area). Someone had mentioned that in an earlier forum post somewhere.

Preventative maintenance. As they see issues with some cars, if they deem it an issue that will likely happen across the board, as opposed to isolated issues, they will perform that fix on every car that comes in thereafter, rather than wait for it to go wrong on all those other cars one by one. Saves you from having to bring the car back in multiple times. Saves the team time, too, as they already have the car there anyway. Fewer appointments to schedule. Fewer loaner cars / rentals. Less overhead.

Sort of like a recall, but for issues that aren't deemed dangerous. They don't have to force everyone to come in immediately. But if they have your car there, they might as well do those little things while they have it.
It would be interesting to hear what they do to it in addition to the seat homing.

So for those who have had the "seat homing" procedure done, does you seat go all the way down and all the way back when you use the easy entry/exit or can you now set how far back/down it goes?

So for those who have had the "seat homing" procedure done, does you seat go all the way down and all the way back when you use the easy entry/exit or can you now set how far back/down it goes?
All the way down and all the way back. You can't control the rearward position. Perhaps in a future enhancement, that position will be controllable.

All the way down and all the way back. You can't control the rearward position. Perhaps in a future enhancement, that position will be controllable.
Actually it may depend on the position it's in when driving. When I get out of the car, it moves the seat all the way down but not all the way back.

Actually it may depend on the position it's in when driving. When I get out of the car, it moves the seat all the way down but not all the way back.
Interesting, but still not within our control.

Hi
I’m having issues installing 2.1.3. I currently have 2.0.71. I’ve never had an issue installing any update.

I select Install Now, go through the prompts, exit the vehicle. I don’t see any update progress in the app. When I walk up to the car after a little while, the car opens and there is no sign of updating.

I tried about 3 times. No effect.

Anyone have this issue?
Thanks

Hi
I’m having issues installing 2.1.3. I currently have 2.0.71. I’ve never had an issue installing any update.

I select Install Now, go through the prompts, exit the vehicle. I don’t see any update progress in the app. When I walk up to the car after a little while, the car opens and there is no sign of updating.

Anyone have this issue?
Thanks
Perhaps the download didn’t complete properly. This is a good reason to call customer service.

Hi

Anyone have this issue?
Thanks
Reach out to CS and they will most likely push 2.1.7 to you instead.

Back