• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2.1.3 Update

Meaning of the dog's bollocks in English​

the dog's bollocks

idiomUK offensive

a rude phrase for something or someone that you think is extremely good
Not exactly correct. No idea where you got that def from, but its NOT rude, NOT considered offensive and is very commonplace everday usage by all Brits. It is NOT queens English - thank God. Its use is just as common as Bollocks, which is commonly used, even on the BBC, for a situation that is screwed up, like FUBAR.

Not exactly correct. No idea where you got that def from, but its NOT rude, NOT considered offensive and is very commonplace everday usage by all Brits. It is NOT queens English - thank God. Its use is just as common as Bollocks, which is commonly used, even on the BBC, for a situation that is screwed up, like FUBAR.
Cambridge English Dictionary

I noticed the navigation voice talking over the music too. I didn't associate it with the update, but you're right. I never heard that before the update. I'll have to try swipe on the keyboard. I use it on my phone all the time, but never even though about doing it in the car!
I actually had a bug with the music playing from two sources (not from Car Play, but rather, I think the other source was from my wife’s profile). Had to turn off the audio, then had one source, but could not change the source or turn that second one off. Finally did an Air logo reset and I think it took care of the problem. I’ll have to see if it comes back.

Having driven with 2.1.3 for a bit now, I can definitely say HA is much worse with this update. This "lane biasing" thing they put in has made the car much less solid in lane centering.

You have to keep a bit of torque on the wheel at all times or the car yells at you and eventually shuts off assist. I've developed a very comfortable way of resting my left hand on the right side of the bottom of the wheel that applies a tiny bit of torque and satisfies this requirement. Until 2.1.3 this resulted in constant, rock-solid lane centering through curves and straightaways. Now, that tiny bit of torque - which is required for the system to function - influences the tracking in a gentle left curve. Now, instead of staying in the middle and making a very steady turn, the car starts to drift towards the outside of the corner until it gets a bit too far and then it makes a fairly abrupt correction.

So, now, what used to be a rock-solid, gentle turn is a bouncing, uncomfortable motion. I really hope they undo this change because I'm likely to never use HA now.

As has been said several times, you need to contact service and have them do a “seat homing” procedure.
Thanks for the information. I called the Scottsdale Service Center this afternoon and they had no clue how to fix the issue and would need to do additional research.

Thanks for the information. I called the Scottsdale Service Center this afternoon and they had no clue how to fix the issue and would need to do additional research.
Did you say, "I need seat homing for my driver's seat"?

Having driven with 2.1.3 for a bit now, I can definitely say HA is much worse with this update. This "lane biasing" thing they put in has made the car much less solid in lane centering.

You have to keep a bit of torque on the wheel at all times or the car yells at you and eventually shuts off assist. I've developed a very comfortable way of resting my left hand on the right side of the bottom of the wheel that applies a tiny bit of torque and satisfies this requirement. Until 2.1.3 this resulted in constant, rock-solid lane centering through curves and straightaways. Now, that tiny bit of torque - which is required for the system to function - influences the tracking in a gentle left curve. Now, instead of staying in the middle and making a very steady turn, the car starts to drift towards the outside of the corner until it gets a bit too far and then it makes a fairly abrupt correction.

So, now, what used to be a rock-solid, gentle turn is a bouncing, uncomfortable motion. I really hope they undo this change because I'm likely to never use HA now.

Kudos on the entry change. I can walk around in my garage without the doors constantly opening and closing.

BUG #1: I had the same issues with the HA - it is very jerky, and at some points I felt like a ping pong ball. If there were absolutely no other cars around, it seemed to be a bit better.

BUG #2: The volume controls for the various applications are not working very well for Tidal. If I have the NAV volume turned on and am listening to Tidal, every time instructions start, only the first word or two are heard, then the song is interrupted and forwards to the next song, and the full directions are never actually spoken. This continues every time an instruction is said. If the NAV volume is off, things work fine with Tidal. Using Bluetooth with my Android phone also works fine for both the content and the NAV instructions. I haven't tried other applications yet.

BUG #3: I did stop in Natick today for the Service Center to "home the seat" in order to enable the Easy Entry/Exit. Unfortunately my seat and then headrest began throwing errors and no troubleshooting would give a fix. My seat will have to be replaced, and the Service Center is trying to get one. They'll let me know when they're ready to complete the work.

Is the rollout scheduled to be finished on Thursday? Just checking because I haven't gotten a notification to update yet :(
Neither have I. I think reports that the update was going to everyone now were premature. They still seem to be rolling out in batches.

Updated mine today. Have not driven the Lucid yet since the completed update. Looking forward to the enhancements should the update work.

Make sure to let them know; I’m sure they’ll add an option for this. I personally love it because I can bias away from trucks and whatnot, but I agree it’s better as an option.

Reactions: ebr
I’ve just started the update.
Does anyone know if the updating process requires interactions with Lucid’s servers? Or it’s a “local” event in the sense that everything‘s been downloaded and it’s just a matter of the car modifying its OS?

Well, if your intent was to make me feel bad/stupid, you succeeded.
I guess we can just close down this forum, since just about anything discussed here can be found on Google.

The update installation was unsuccessful.
Got the notification on my phone that I will be notified when new update is available and to contact Customer Care to learn more.

Morning all. First drive on 2.1.3 was from DC out to Dulles airport yesterday afternoon. Similar to @ebr ‘s concerns, I found HA to be a little more vague in its positioning, sometimes wandering between left and right limits rather than staying centered. I need to spend more time with it to figure out exactly how much steering wheel torque is needed to satisfy the “hand on wheel” check but not actually move the car. Alas that’ll have to wait, the loaner is still on 2.0.68

Also: another Brit here. “Dog’s bollocks” (or “mutt’s nuts”) definitely isn’t what I’d call rude, although I doubt you’d hear it on the BBC News either. LMGTFY isn’t rude either, been using it for years. Or maybe both are, and I’m just ruder than I think I am? 🙃

Got a note from customer service that the roll-out of 2.1.3 has been paused due to issues with the update. I was told that if I did not receive an update by 7/26 to reach out again.

Back