Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucid puts nothing specific in their release notes: Everyone complains.

Lucid tells everyone exactly what is in the update in their release notes: Everyone complains.

You all are a riot.

There is nothing strange, by the way, about releasing an update that does a single thing. Especially if that single thing is about to become relevant due to changing weather.

I'd much rather they release things as they are ready than wait until a bunch of things are ready to bundle into something people will find more satisfying for no particular reason.

... Lucid tells everyone exactly what is in the update in their release notes: ...
I don't recall this occurring... every case I can recall had lines with "fuzzy words" about what was changed/added/removed.

I don't recall this occurring... every case I can recall had lines with "fuzzy words" about what was changed/added/removed.
Look at the release notes for the version in this thread's title. And then read the few posts above mine.

I mentioned 'strange' earlier, and you're correct; there's nothing strange about releasing an update that accomplishes a single task. A better word would have been ‘frustrating’. It's great that Lucid may be addressing an issue with seat heaters ahead of the fall and winter season. That said, we haven't had any new features in three months. The updates in the last 90 days have improved the robustness and general functionality of the vehicle, addressed an issue with Spotify during navigation, improved the corner radars, and improved the operation and control of the rear seat heaters. In what way was the vehicle made more robust? In what way was the corner radar improved? And what's improved with the operation and control of the rear seat heaters? Maybe if Lucid provide some level of detail in their notes I'd be more excited about their updates.

Meanwhile many of us took the time a while back to contribute to a wish list of improvements. Here's hoping that 2.1.33 may address some of those items.

Last edited:
Look at the release notes for the version in this thread's title. And then read the few posts above mine.
I did (before posting)... that is a very "fuzzy" description that does not really describe the change, just that there was change that they think is an "improvement" in "operation & control". Do they get hotter now? Not as hot? Wider range (with the same number of steps)? Prevents fires in the rear seat? More (or less) setting levels? Larger graphics? <yes, I can think of more possible changes that those words meet, but hopefully have pointed out that they are indeed "fuzzy">

I did (before posting)... that is a very "fuzzy" description that does not really describe the change, just that there was change that they think is an "improvement" in "operation & control". Do they get hotter now? Not as hot? Wider range (with the same number of steps)? Prevents fires in the rear seat? More (or less) setting levels? Larger graphics? <yes, I can think of more possible changes that those words meet, but hopefully have pointed out that they are indeed "fuzzy">
Okay?

If you want them to print out a detailed, line-by-line set of code changes, plus what every developer on the team was wearing and what they had for lunch the day they wrote the changes, I guess there's zero chance you will ever be happy.

Personally, I'm pretty good with "We improved your rear seat heaters." Simple. Direct. Easy for anyone to understand. Except you, evidently.

No idea. No one rides in my back seats so I haven't had any complaints. 😊
Same! I was hoping for a rear screen update that would allow rear passengers (mainly me when I'm sitting in the rear center seat enjoying Atmos tracks) to have access to pilot panel to control the music.

There is nothing strange, by the way, about releasing an update that does a single thing. Especially if that single thing is about to become relevant due to changing weather.

I'd much rather they release things as they are ready than wait until a bunch of things are ready to bundle into something people will find more satisfying for no particular reason.
Several years back, Tesla pushed out an update that disabled steering wheel heat in the middle of winter!!! Took them over a month to resolve. I was forced to wear my mittens on those cold winter so. cal mornings!!! #neverforget

I don’t mind OTAs for single issues. I also don’t care if the release notes are detailed or not. I do care that Highway Assist is still not usable and will be disappointed every OTA that doesn’t fix it.

Lucid puts nothing specific in their release notes: Everyone complains.

Lucid tells everyone exactly what is in the update in their release notes: Everyone complains.

You all are a riot.
Joe you are feisty this afternoon/evening! :) :)

Right now someone in the OTA department is telling his/her colleague “I told you we should have gone with “improved the robustness”!

I mean, a fix is a fix. It's not the most feature rich item, but it obviously was important enough to send out a single OTA for it. This is good. Every problem solved is one less thing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back