2.1.10 OTA Update (7/24/23)

My updates for 2.1.7 and 2.1.10 both popped up today while I was working. Just in time for the MAX A/C setting for the latest NJ heat wave.. Just need that setting in the Mobile Android app and we're golden
That's a good suggestion.

Installed 2.1.7 this morning. Took almost 2 hours. Did enable Lane Departure warning and correction to test it out. Works so much better. The corrective action seemed very smooth, but what was really nice was how smooth it was to override it. I have always driven with this feature off due to the harshness of taking over the steering from the system.

Installed 2.1.7 this morning. Took almost 2 hours. Did enable Lane Departure warning and correction to test it out. Works so much better. The corrective action seemed very smooth, but what was really nice was how smooth it was to override it. I have always driven with this feature off due to the harshness of taking over the steering from the system.
Hmm, I might try out the correction again and enable correction plus warning. It was too harsh correcting before so I turned it off.

Hi, @SubSailor. I just sent you a direct message.
Am dealing with the same situation. Being informed by CS that nothing is being pushed and have not received anything after .71. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I installed update 2.1.7 this morning, and just got notification for 2.1.10, which is installing now.

I wish the steering wheel had capacitive touch capabilities
I'm just speculating but I think the buttons it does have are capacitive. Next/Prev/Mic buttons for example seem to be the same underlying butting but do different thing based on where you press (capacitive).

How cool would it be that you just need to have your fingers on those to keep it quiet.

OK...I have been waiting and being nice but I now decided the Lucid software engineers must have fled Tesla along with Peter. I imagine they were assigned to the FSD project. 😊
I am on .71 still with another CS telling me 2.1.3 is on hold and there is no such thing as 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. Waiting and reading about all the demons others are having, I may be luckier than I think but still frustrating.
Stay strong. I just got it today at around 5pm and and without thinking started it. A "watched kettle never boils" is nothing compared to a" watched update never finishes" especially when its time to clock out for the day.

OK...I have been waiting and being nice but I now decided the Lucid software engineers must have fled Tesla along with Peter. I imagine they were assigned to the FSD project. 😊
I am on .71 still with another CS telling me 2.1.3 is on hold and there is no such thing as 2.1.7 or 2.1.10. Waiting and reading about all the demons others are having, I may be luckier than I think but still frustrating.
I think the CS reps are just a day or two behind the current info. Still haven't seen 2.1.7, either. But I'm in no rush, as I'm out of town and my car is in the shop, anyway.

I have never been much of an HA fan. I don't like the idea that I have to move the wheel a little bit in order for it to stop telling me to put my hands on the wheel. I wish the steering wheel had capacitive touch capabilities so I didn't have to actually jiggle it, especially with the new lane biasing which can cause the car to move within its lane. I also don't like that it sometimes shuts itself off and and follows the "wrong" line at an exit. They have a ways to go on this technology.

I much prefer ACC.
You don't have to actually jiggle the wheel.

If you rest one of your hands on the circled areas below, the weight of your hand gives enough torque for the car to know you're holding the wheel. I've driven many hundreds of miles this way without issue, and it still worked fine last night after 2.1.10.

Screenshot_20230726_222547_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

If you rest one of your hands on the circled areas below, the weight of your hand gives enough torque for the car to know you're holding the wheel. I've driven many hundreds of miles this way without issue, and it still worked fine last night after 2.1.10.

View attachment 13759
I do this, but have to still jiggle it ever so slightly. It doesn't mess with lane biasing or anything at all, which is nice.

I downloaded 2.1.10 two days ago and drove for a few hours yesterday. Unfortunately, the HA doesn't seem to have improved significantly (unless there are no cars around me). The passive unlock doesn't work well at all anymore. Getting in the car, I have to use my phone, use the app to wake up the car and unlock the door. Even double-clicking the FOB didn't open it. (It had been working great after the 2.1.3 updates).

View attachment 13759
I hold the wheel where it flattens next to the circled areas and it works for me. The problem with the update that introduced position biasing is that the car drifts in the lane and will leave the lane where HA before the update was rock solid for me.

View attachment 13759
Ahh, if only that worked for me. It did work great before 2.1.3, not after. Hopefully it will after 2.1.10.

I downloaded 2.1.10 two days ago and drove for a few hours yesterday. Unfortunately, the HA doesn't seem to have improved significantly (unless there are no cars around me). The passive unlock doesn't work well at all anymore. Getting in the car, I have to use my phone, use the app to wake up the car and unlock the door. Even double-clicking the FOB didn't open it. (It had been working great after the 2.1.3 updates).
The passive unlock has not worked well for me and even the active unlock is refusing to start the beast at times. Fob function has paralleled the phone key pattern. All started after 2.1.3 and did not change after2.1.10. Have also had the driver door reuse to open even when the handle presents itself. Not sure if it is related to the updates. Discussed with CS and they are thinking it over and will get back to me. Had very few issue prior to these updates except for the roll/hold function.

Passive unlock was not changed at all in 2.1.10.

Something else is wrong.

I hold the wheel where it flattens next to the circled areas and it works for me. The problem with the update that introduced position biasing is that the car drifts in the lane and will leave the lane where HA before the update was rock solid for me.
I'm also noticing the correction much more than before. They seem to be more sudden and bit more severe to me. (From the other Red GT in Escondido) ;)

The passive unlock has not worked well for me and even the active unlock is refusing to start the beast at times. Fob function has paralleled the phone key pattern. All started after 2.1.3 and did not change after2.1.10. Have also had the driver door reuse to open even when the handle presents itself. Not sure if it is related to the updates. Discussed with CS and they are thinking it over and will get back to me. Had very few issue prior to these updates except for the roll/hold function.
Have you tried to remove the mobile key or fob and add it back?

Hi, all.

Regarding the latest OTA deployment that was kicked off this Monday, July 24:
  • If you had installed v2.1.2 or v2.1.3 you will get v2.1.10
  • If you have not received v2.1.2 or v2.1.3 you will receive v2.1.7 instead, and then v2.1.10
As has been done before, these updates are being distributed to owners over the next couple of weeks. There a number of factors used to determine which updates are sent and when. We understand the anticipation many are experiencing and appreciate your patience as we complete the deployment process.

Best regards,
Marqie

Back