2.1.10 OTA Update (7/24/23)

Argh you were right! It's charging. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø Sorry! I'm never patient enough with the car haha.
No worries; I made this same mistake and reported it as a bug. The software team also informed me ā€œgrab a cup of coffee and relaxā€ and lo and beholdā€¦

No worries; I made this same mistake and reported it as a bug. The software team also informed me ā€œgrab a cup of coffee and relaxā€ and lo and beholdā€¦
Thats actually precisely what I did! I made a cup of coffee and then saw it was charging šŸ˜

I use HA as much as possible. This update has made it less reliable for me. On my daily commute before 2.1.10 I would drive the whole section I have on CA86 in HA and never have to steer, just use light pressure so it knows I have my hands on the wheel. Since the update there are sections where it will run out of the lane without indicating it has lost the centre. I am a lazy toad and love HA so I hope this gets sorted out quickly. Everything else about the update is fine.

Same here. With the latest update, HA wanders around within the lane on 280 in Los Altos - Palo Alto. Iā€™m concerned I might pulled over for DUIšŸ˜•

After a week or so of driving 100mi a day in traffic with the new update, I've gotten used to HA again. I don't get any significant lane ping-ponging, the most significant change for me is in the turns:

In 2.0.71, slight curves were very smooth and reliable for me. In sharper turns it felt like HA gave up, and I just took over for a minute.
In 2.1.10, I think it does a better job tracking sharper turns, to an extent. However, even in slight curves, it feels like it's ratcheting through the turn. The wheel bounces back and forth rapidly as it's overcorrecting again and again. I now hold the wheel firmly through turns to keep it steady.
Aside from that, 2.1.10 feels to me like it's gotten a bit more aggressive when it comes to dodging out exits. 2.0.71 wasn't necessarily better about deciding what is or isn't an exit, but it made the same poor decisions more smoothly.

I did also adapt to the manual biasing and I quite like it now. At first it seemed like it would lose its centering when I just gave the wheel the "I'm still here" jiggle. I don't know what changed, but I don't get that feeling anymore. Now it just seems like the car and I work better as a team overall - I can gently guide it without overriding it completely, and disengaging also flows much more smoothly into manual control. Overall feels like progress to me, but also highlights how far we still have to go.

Am I the only one still on 2.0.71? I've been waiting patiently, but it seems like an eternity now? :)

Am I the only one still on 2.0.71? I've been waiting patiently, but it seems like an eternity now? :)
At this point you should reach out to customer service. I finally reached out last week and was informed that the updates were sent a while ago but were unsuccessful on my car. They re-pushed and now I'm up-to-date.

Iā€™m on 2.1.2 and canā€™t get a newer update to show up on my car or app. Called customer service 8/12 and they put me in the queue but I still donā€™t have notification of any new update. CS escalated my issue up to engineering but no answer as yet. Any ideas or suggestions?

Iā€™m on 2.1.2 and canā€™t get a newer update to show up on my car or app. Called customer service 8/12 and they put me in the queue but I still donā€™t have notification of any new update. CS escalated my issue up to engineering but no answer as yet. Any ideas or suggestions?
Only thing you can really do is reach out again to CS. But 2.1.2? You mean 2.0.x?

Back