I tend to agree with this sentiment. The lack of real information is a little insulting… as if I may not be able to comprehend the operation of a door.
It's like Lucid is unwilling to admit that their software has bugs that software updates do address.

To the contrary, owners would feel more confident if Lucid was more upfront in acknowledging their software issues, and we could see that some are getting fixed.

User mystery of what's in a software update is NOT a good thing, especially when it pertains to vehicle in which you trust your family's safety.

In addition, owners truly want to help Lucid design and implement better software. That's really hard to do if we don't know what's changed in the software with greater detail.

It's like Lucid is unwilling to admit that their software has bugs that software updates do address.

To the contrary, owners would feel more confident if Lucid was more upfront in acknowledging their software issues, and we could see that some are getting fixed.

User mystery of what's in a software update is NOT a good thing, especially when it pertains to vehicle in which you trust your family's safety.

In addition, owners truly want to help Lucid design and implement better software. That's really hard to do if we don't know what's changed in the software with greater detail.
The reactions to various things on this site really boggle my mind at times.

Has it occurred to any of us that perhaps when Lucid says an update improves the doors, that the update—improves the doors? And nothing else?

What level of detail are you all looking for, exactly? Do you want to see the list of commits in the git repository?

It’s been less than two weeks since the last update (which must have actually fixed the lights, since no one has reported that issue here since) came out. How many other things do you think they had time to fix, verify, test, then release?

I’m sure some folks are working on other things that aren’t ready to ship yet. But hey, that door improvement is ready. Let’s get it out there.

Is that so hard to believe?

Sometimes improves the doors means they improved the doors.

Well, coincidently, my driver's side door just started acting up. It would close with the soft close (as it has ever since I took delivery) but then it would open, not latching, acting like it never was closed. Drove home from the grocery store with the red warning light on and the alarm letting me now my car door was not secure. I hope a reset fixes this.

At least these updates are quick, app said it would take 6 min. The Tesla updates are typically 20-30 min or more. I suppose the architecture of the Lucid allows individual modules to be updated vs the entire vehicle FW.

My GT is in the shop right now getting PPF and ceramic. So I'll install the last two updates when I get it home. Both the lights and the doors have been working perfectly since I got the car, so I'm not in a hurry to install either one.

My GT is in the shop right now getting PPF and ceramic. So I'll install the last two updates when I get it home. Both the lights and the doors have been working perfectly since I got the car, so I'm not in a hurry to install either one.
As far as I know it’s a good idea to keep up with updates.

The reactions to various things on this site really boggle my mind at times.

Has it occurred to any of us that perhaps when Lucid says an update improves the doors, that the update—improves the doors? And nothing else?

What level of detail are you all looking for, exactly? Do you want to see the list of commits in the git repository?

It’s been less than two weeks since the last update (which must have actually fixed the lights, since no one has reported that issue here since) came out. How many other things do you think they had time to fix, verify, test, then release?

I’m sure some folks are working on other things that aren’t ready to ship yet. But hey, that door improvement is ready. Let’s get it out there.

Is that so hard to believe?

Sometimes improves the doors means they improved the doors.
So, people are complaining that Lucid is not sufficiently transparent about the contents and effects of its software updates. For example, the latest release notes, in their entirety: “Updates, Performance Improvements & Optimizations: With this update, we’re improving the operation of your vehicle’s doors.

And you think these complaints are mind-boggling. There’s nothing to see here: “Sometimes improves the doors means they improved the doors.”

Is it really unreasonable to wonder how a software update ”improved the doors”? Me, I’m baffled. Are the doors shinier? Do they close more tightly? What does software have to do with the doors, anyway? Or do they mean the locks?

Was there a problem with the doors that is now solved? What was that problem?

Do you think it’s unreasonable for a new owner of this car to want answers to these questions? If so, what’s the point of this forum? We should just shut up and drive.

Attachments

• 7D32ADE2-227A-493F-A257-23D05FA19C9A.jpeg
    7D32ADE2-227A-493F-A257-23D05FA19C9A.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 78
I guess my surround camera view failure was because of the doors. Surround view stopped working with 48, immediately started working after 50 today.

So, people are complaining that Lucid is not sufficiently transparent about the contents and effects of its software updates. For example, the latest release notes, in their entirety: “Updates, Performance Improvements & Optimizations: With this update, we’re improving the operation of your vehicle’s doors.

And you think these complaints are mind-boggling. There’s nothing to see here: “Sometimes improves the doors means they improved the doors.”

Is it really unreasonable to wonder how a software update ”improved the doors”? Me, I’m baffled. Are the doors shinier? Do they close more tightly? What does software have to do with the doors, anyway? Or do they mean the locks?

Do you think it’s unreasonable for a new owner of this car to want answers to these questions? If so, what’s the point of this forum? We should just shut up and drive.
Shut up and drive seems like a good idea to me

Not that I spend any time reading these, but I don't think I've seen any meaningful release notes from updates by Windows OS or Apple apps.
I just get used to these things, click the appropriate buttons, and move on, letting the pros do their job.

I tried to drive the car even before installing the update and it refused to get out of Park. Used key fob and phone app and neither worked. I must have jinxed it. Installing the update now to see if anything changes. The lights and music and the screens are all working. Any ideas?

Never noticed that the back light and the large brake lights were on and they turned off and just now turned back on again after 30 seconds. Update is only at 30%

Fully agree. What I have done is purchase matching (well close) adhesive backed leather to the place where my foot needs to contact the door pocket to push without having to worry about permanent damage to the factory leather. Amazon sells many. Not the best looking fix, but highly protective.
Picture of placement and Amazon order number would be great. Thank you

Since it doesnt say handles, locks, or windows and that software unlikely can affect stationary objects, it must be the hinges that now are improved with a super advanced update ........

I tried to drive the car even before installing the update and it refused to get out of Park. Used key fob and phone app and neither worked. I must have jinxed it. Installing the update now to see if anything changes. The lights and music and the screens are all working. Any ideas?
Victoria from the Houston Service center called me and had me do a hard reset which was pressing the speaker and the X buttons on the steering wheel and the brake pedal at the same time which shut the car off with all the screens blacked out and then rebooted. No more Drive issues. I was able to test drive the car just fine 🤞. No obvious cause was identified.

I guess my surround camera view failure was because of the doors. Surround view stopped working with 48, immediately started working after 50 today.

Yep. Whatever 2.0.50 did, it did NOT resolve the bugs that were introduced with 2.0.48.

Tonight my backup camera display was again "Unavailable", although the birds-eye view came up. However, neither main screen came back up as I gained speed. At about 35 mph I finally had to "X" out both screens to bring up the default displays.

The Air has been on the market for 15 months. By now, I had expected the software updates to be more about bringing new features on line. Instead, we've recently been getting a string of updates that are aimed at correcting bugs with existing features -- but that also bring new bugs along for the ride.

Back