No problems ever with soft close for me. I wi see if this update is about that or about locking/unlocking? I wish they’d give a bit more info in the notes!

Oh man, I hope this fixes the issue that sometimes the car thinks the door is open but it’s locked and won’t open at all. I’ve had a couple resets to fix it!

I replaced the battery in my remote and it did help in now the car recognizes when I approach (before I had to tap the handle or click the remote to unlock) but it doesn’t recognize when I walk away. I tried it one this morning after the update and it still doesn’t seem to work.

Over the past 13 months, our car has had almost every software-related malfunction possible with the car's features. Soft-close door operation has not been among them. I suspect the operation of the soft-close feature has more to do with mechanicals than software. My guess is this update relates to door locking/unlocking which has been a much-more reported complaint on this forum than the soft-close feature.

While we're on the topic of doors, has anyone else had problems with the old-fashioned operation of the doors? When exiting the car, especially in front, I have found it difficult to get the door properly positioned. If I push the door as far as my arm will reach, it catches on the first detent, which is not wide enough for an easy exit. If I push the door harder so that momentum will carry it past the first detent, the door often bounces back from the full open position. It's a real hat trick to push the door just hard enough for it to go past the first detent, then land and hold on the full-open detent. Since my arm isn't long enough to do it toward the center of the door, I have to do it either from the front edge of the door (where it is very hard to modulate the pressure needed) or by pushing the door pocket with my foot (causing me to wonder how long it will hold up under the abuse).

The Air has very wide-opening doors, which would be a great feature if they had stayed with the original plan of having power-operated doors. But now -- and with the very low roof contrails -- reaching out far enough to open and close those doors at full extension is something I find very difficult.

Last night I’m 200 miles away from home, but too exhausted to finish the last stretch and crashed in downtown San Antonio. I have to learn from this thread to install this OTA. I hope not breaking things as things have been working for me.

Speaking of soft door close, Rivian R1S does not have it. I have to slam door sometimes to close. And not funny to get off driver seat to go to right rear passenger to open close in very cold weather. I am spoiled by AGT.

Had to start the update three times from my phone before it would take this morning. Hope all is well when it completes.

It's been snowing here in Michigan and I have a shiny new escalade that has caught my attention for the last couple of weeks. So now I've done two updates .48 and .50 without getting in the car or driving it. Has anyone done multiple updates from the app without driving the car? Any concerns doing it? Hoping I don't brick it.

Last night I’m 200 miles away from home, but too exhausted to finish the last stretch and crashed in downtown San Antonio. I have to learn from this thread to install this OTA. I hope not breaking things as things have been working for me.

Speaking of soft door close, Rivian R1S does not have it. I have to slam door sometimes to close. And not funny to get off driver seat to go to right rear passenger to open close in very cold weather. I am spoiled by AGT.
I read “crashed in downtown San Antonio” like CRASHED THE CAR and I gasped. Crashed=sleep in this instance.

I did my First Mile event with Rivian a while back. To me, it feels like a Tesla-fied Jeep. A blend of ruggedness, innovation and great software. I ultimately chose to pass but enjoy the EV space that is being created!

Anyway… My doors are soooo GREAT now. The best doors. I show all my friends my doors now. /s

No complaints with .50 yet. Keep them coming Lucid!

It's been snowing here in Michigan and I have a shiny new escalade that has caught my attention for the last couple of weeks. So now I've done two updates .48 and .50 without getting in the car or driving it. Has anyone done multiple updates from the app without driving the car? Any concerns doing it? Hoping I don't brick it.
No issue, just go ahead and do it. Wake the car up first and don't close the app until you see a software progress bar.

I did all of the 2.0 updates while my car was at the body shop having some minor repairs.

You will be fine. I did that numerous times while traveling.

Why is Lucid always vague with what is included with sw updates ? Don’t we has users have the right to know? Last update was supposed to be a loud lights or so but ended up messing up my siriusxm and they are giving the excuse that the beta is closed even though several other users are still able to access it.

So reluctant to update this new sw before it messes up something else. The annoying thing is that the updates always forces through without my intervention even though the app notification is for me to first confirm.

I read “crashed in downtown San Antonio” like CRASHED THE CAR and I gasped. Crashed=sleep in this instance.

I did my First Mile event with Rivian a while back. To me, it feels like a Tesla-fied Jeep. A blend of ruggedness, innovation and great software. I ultimately chose to pass but enjoy the EV space that is being created!

Anyway… My doors are soooo GREAT now. The best doors. I show all my friends my doors now. /s

No complaints with .50 yet. Keep them coming Lucid!
Haha! I really wanted to go home getting so close home, but I found it very risky when I briefly snoozed behind the wheel at 1am. Time to be safe. It’s almost 2000 miles driving from Santa Monica to Las Vegas to home.

And I’m very much agree Rivian is basically rugged like Jeep merged with Tesla, but its internal cabin is way nicer than Jeep and Tesla. And it has more cool features than Wrangler Rubicon. If Rivian can keep up like this, game over for Jeep and Range Rover.

Haha! I really wanted to go home getting so close home, but I found it very risky when I briefly snoozed behind the wheel at 1am...
Did the car warn you about drowsy driving?

I upgraded this morning and did a valet card reset immediately after the upgrade. Since the upgrade the backup camera panel is dark and not loading (need to do the Booby reset later), blinker volume when turned on is muffled and this means my phone call quality will be really bad and for the first time I turned on when blinker it took a good 4 to 5 seconds before the video showed up on the screen

I am going to opened a case with customer service specifically on the audio quality issue, this started with .48

I replaced the battery in my remote and it did help in now the car recognizes when I approach (before I had to tap the handle or click the remote to unlock) but it doesn’t recognize when I walk away. I tried it one this morning after the update and it still doesn’t seem to work.
Are you saying that the car doesn’t auto lock when you walk away? I had that issue for 3 weeks and then all of a sudden it started locking.

The lack of information provided by Lucid in the vehicle release notes updates is indefensible at at this point. It doesn't cost much for the company to provide more detailed release notes.

There's no reason for it, other than a lack of transparency seems to be the policy of Lucid management.

It can be a safety issue if the vehicle's operating characteristics are changed by an update and the driver does not know what's been changed.

I know that Lucid management, including upper management, reads this board. The lack of transparency in the release notes needs to be addressed. This lack of release information lowers owner satisfaction, and that in turn costs Lucid more than the cost of providing detailed release notes

Did the car warn you about drowsy driving?
No such warning. But it does have Highway Assist, but it seems more geofenced than Lucid even in I-10. I used mostly ACC to drive on I-10.

Back