Is it generally considered best practice to do a reboot after every update?

Even pressing the parking icon on the pilot panel doesn’t bring the cameras back up after you close them?
This was what I came here to say; the cameras should pop back up when you hit that icon.

1. No need to exit the lower (Pilot Panel) screen to use HomeLink. I hope someday for a better solution on the upper one.
2. You said the cameras don’t turn OFF… they automatically turn off at 16mph
They moved those buttons from right to left but should have programmed it to be there even when the cameras were on or at least the Homelink button without shutting off the top right hand section.
The Homelink recognizes that I am home and presents the button to Open the Garage but perhaps it’s harder to program it for when you are leaving.

Having the button available at all times will at least relieve some frustration.

I did not get update yet. As others mentioned it may take 2 days. I wonder if they will delay the rollout to pure and touring a bit to test DE and GT first.
Keep on the lookout For it. If it doesn’t come soon you may have to ask cs. I never got updates until I asked and then they pushed me the 3 that I was behind. This one came as it should

I had that problem show up once but didn't think much of it as they came back on shortly after I stopped and then got back in. I just installed the update but have not driven the car -- we shall see. I have had numerous times with the upper screen does not function while backing up but don't believe they have initiated a fix for that.

@All - Thanks to the God of rain, I’m noticing speed improvements in wiper in auto setting with this update. Not sure if anyone else noticed it

@All - Thanks to the God of rain, I’m noticing speed improvements in wiper in auto setting with this update. Not sure if anyone else noticed it
Specifically what have you noticed is different?

Keep on the lookout For it. If it doesn’t come soon you may have to ask cs. I never got updates until I asked and then they pushed me the 3 that I was behind. This one came as it should
Thanks I just sent a text to CS with the VIN. I will call if I get nothing by Monday.

After the update, I ended up with some "weirdness" in various functions on the right side of the car. First, my sound dropped out. Then my 360 camera worked, but my backup cam did not. Then I finally ended up with the dreaded "Pilot Panel and right cockpit stuck on startup screen" issue. I did various resets to resolve the first issues. But then for the final one I had to do the "forbidden" reset, and since then all is back to normal.

My guess is something is awry in the updating system such that it can sometimes leave various systems in the car in an unstable state. Rebooting definitely seems to resolve most of these issues, though. Not sure why the entire car does not reboot automatically after an update, as is the case with most other computer update systems. But when in doubt, try the various reset methods until you get back to a "clean" slate.

I do not think anything in this past update is the source of the problem. I really do think it merely "fixes" the headlight issues reported here.

I think it may be the act of updating itself that is the source of some of these quirks. I certainly hope they get to the bottom of it soon. The last thing Lucid needs is people being afraid to install updates.
Exactly, CS pushed the update to me tonight but I am very reluctant to update after reading all of this experiences…lol. Will wait for a couple of days more to see.

1. No need to exit the lower (Pilot Panel) screen to use HomeLink. I hope someday for a better solution on the upper one.
2. You said the cameras don’t turn OFF… they automatically turn off at 16mph
Sorry I meant upper cockpit panel for homelink.

On the pilot panel, it's habit that I turn it off while still going about 10mph down my street to access temp, seating, and also it's much easier to navigate the media with the pull down on the pilot panel compared to the real estate of the cockpit panel...

Specifically what have you noticed is different?
The speed at which the “auto high” setting worked. People have complained that “auto high” is not fast enough. I noticed some difference there but not sure if I am daydreaming

I sent a text to CS and then I got DM for CS here and in minutes I got the update 2.0.48. Pretty fast response. So, I will know tomorrow if it did anything different. I really did not have any issues in the car with .47.

I sent a text to CS and then I got DM for CS here and in minutes I got the update 2.0.48. Pretty fast response. So, I will know tomorrow if it did anything different. I really did not have any issues in the car with .47.
You got a DM from more than a CS rep! The beauty of this forum is the interaction of Lucid HQ staff that can get stuff done! See this post…. And thanks @mcr16 for the direct communication with many of us!

No not for me, I told customer service the same. May try reset again
Well that’s a new one for me. If the usual resets don’t work, it may unfortunately require the non-recommended reset, which you may either try at your own risk, or contact service and I’m sure that’s how they will do it

Back