I did not get update yet. As others mentioned it may take 2 days. I wonder if they will delay the rollout to pure and touring a bit to test DE and GT first.
It can take up to a week; it just *usually* takes no more than 2-3 days. If you haven’t received it in a week, contact customer care so they can push it to you.

I'm wondering if for my particular issue it's more the updated Lucid app rather than the car's OS. All of my iOS devices are running the new 1.28 version of the app so I can't see whether the problems exists on 1.27. It would be interesting see if anyone running 1.27 is having the same problems I'm having re: the car not waking up from the app.
I bet you’re totally right. I’m not having that issue even on 1.28, but I bet it’s a bug on the app side and not in the car firmware. The car update was a very small point release.

I'm wondering if for my particular issue it's more the updated Lucid app rather than the car's OS. All of my iOS devices are running the new 1.28 version of the app so I can't see whether the problems exists on 1.27. It would be interesting see if anyone running 1.27 is having the same problems I'm having re: the car not waking up from the app.
I have the exact same versions of you and it wakes up fine. Weird.

It can take up to a week; it just *usually* takes no more than 2-3 days. If you haven’t received it in a week, contact customer care so they can push it to you.
With some people reporting camera issues, do they usually pause the rollout while they investigate?

Yes, I’m getting the same indication that the driver protection system camera is blocked. Started happening perhaps one out of every three drives following the previous OTA update before 2.0.48, usually about 5 minutes after the start of the drive.
I used to get this with .47 as well. Move the steering wheel down a bit and it unblocks the camera. The camera is positioned at the bottom of the screen in from of the driver and the seating position / steering position does block it at certain times

Can't disagree.
My cameras work fine; just checked. It must be tough for Lucid and try to chase down bugs that are only in certain vehicles. I've been in app development for 13 years and it's worlds easier to track down a bug that shows up every single time on every single device.
I'll add that I live on a long neighborhood street with kids, so when I back out, my cameras / surround view cameras don't turn off. Hence I routinely "X" out of surround view.
It's after I hit X to close the surround view screen, that I am no longer getting the cameras to return. Maybe if I hadn't closed them, they'd still be there??
I do wish the cameras would shut down at 10mph instead of 15-16mph...

That leads to my other tangent that Homelink doesn't geofence and auto pop up to close (when I back out of garage) depending on last time it was used... this is part of the reason I close the screens, unless I'm missing something

With some people reporting camera issues, do they usually pause the rollout while they investigate?

I think they would be wise to, especially as Lucid has already acknowledged there is a bug with the cameras.

On the other hand, we had an issue with the headlights not coming on with 2.0.47 which, I think, .48 was meant to address. So it may be a question of which risk to take by delaying or not delaying the rollout.

When our headlights failed to come on after leaving a restaurant one night, the parking lot and surrounding streets were so brightly lit and full of traffic that we didn't immediately notice the headlights weren't on. Fortunately, we noticed while we were still in a built-up area and could get the car into another parking lot to try a reset (which worked). If we had had to pull off to the side of the road at night, I would have been a less happy camper.

I'll add that I live on a long neighborhood street with kids, so when I back out, my cameras / surround view cameras don't turn off. Hence I routinely "X" out of surround view.
It's after I hit X to close the surround view screen, that I am no longer getting the cameras to return. Maybe if I hadn't closed them, they'd still be there??

That leads to my other tangent that Homelink doesn't geofence and auto pop up to close (when I back out of garage) depending on last time it was used... this is part of the reason I close the screens, unless I'm missing something
1. No need to exit the lower (Pilot Panel) screen to use HomeLink. I hope someday for a better solution on the upper one.
2. You said the cameras don’t turn OFF… they automatically turn off at 16mph

I downloaded 2.0.48 this afternoon, and we took the car to dinner tonight with a couple of stops on the way home. Only once (leaving the garage) did the backup and birds-eye-view displays both work. We got an array of malfunctions on the other stops: birds-eye working but backup display not; both not working; backup screen would be just black; backup screen would show an "Unavailable" message; front camera display not working as we returned to garage, but birds-eye view working but not showing distance to object in front of car. The malfunctions seemed completely random.

Same old, same old. Fix one bug and introduce another. Really . . . what's the point?

2.0.33-35 were the sweet spot for our car in which every feature then available seemed to work reliably. Everything before and since has been a mess of one kind or another.
Agree. I updated to 2.048 and now have no 360 view. Valet card reset did not help. Sent message to CC.

Agree. I updated to 2.048 and now have no 360 view. Valet card reset did not help. Sent message to CC.
I had the same issue and Bobby reset helped fix the 360 view. The valet reset did not resolve it

I had the same issue and Bobby reset helped fix the 360 view. The valet reset did not resolve it
For the uninitiated… the @Bobby reset is switching to another profile and then back to your own profile. It seems to fix screen/infotainment issues with a high success rate.

For the uninitiated… the @Bobby reset is switching to another profile and then back to your own profile. It seems to fix screen/infotainment issues with a high success rate.

It's helpful to get these tips from other owners.

But, well more than a year after the Air hit the market, it's disheartening to have to memorize a catalog of reset techniques to get the car's features to operate properly. Sometimes.

My early optimism that this would be a matter of months is fading. I'm beginning to think it's going to be a perpetual part of the ownership experience of this otherwise absolutely amazing driving machine.

I have the exact same versions of you and it wakes up fine. Weird.
Weird is right. Just fired up the app a minute ago and the car woke up. Maybe it just needed a good night's sleep ....

Even pressing the parking icon on the pilot panel doesn’t bring the cameras back up after you close them?

Weird is right. Just fired up the app a minute ago and the car woke up. Maybe it just needed a good night's sleep ....
And now, of course, it won't wake up again.

I installed the update. Surround and back/front views come up when I put car in reverse. No problem noticed. So far.

After the update I lost the overhead camera, did the Bobby reset and it came right back.

After the update, I ended up with some "weirdness" in various functions on the right side of the car. First, my sound dropped out. Then my 360 camera worked, but my backup cam did not. Then I finally ended up with the dreaded "Pilot Panel and right cockpit stuck on startup screen" issue. I did various resets to resolve the first issues. But then for the final one I had to do the "forbidden" reset, and since then all is back to normal.

My guess is something is awry in the updating system such that it can sometimes leave various systems in the car in an unstable state. Rebooting definitely seems to resolve most of these issues, though. Not sure why the entire car does not reboot automatically after an update, as is the case with most other computer update systems. But when in doubt, try the various reset methods until you get back to a "clean" slate.

I do not think anything in this past update is the source of the problem. I really do think it merely "fixes" the headlight issues reported here.

I think it may be the act of updating itself that is the source of some of these quirks. I certainly hope they get to the bottom of it soon. The last thing Lucid needs is people being afraid to install updates.

I wish there was a place they would list what the little bug fixes are as well!

Back