This update appears to be unstable. This is the 4th time I’ve noticed it resetting itself in the past 3 or 4 days. Tonight, the pilot panel just got stuck on this

Waited over 10 mins, didn’t change. Leaving the car, coming back didn’t change. Valet reset didn’t change. Ultimately, I was left no choice but to do the steering wheel reset and everything came back.

I don’t know if Lucid is rushing these updates in prep for something bigger but I’d prefer them to QA them properly. 2 steps forward, 1 step back it seems.
I have not had these problems with 2.0.47. Strange.

The guy who walked us through our Air Touring delivery this morning claimed to have "inside information" that CarPlay would roll out early next year, to Dream owners first. (Why they'd prioritize Dream owners makes no sense to me, but what do I know?)
Since they release software updates in batches, they might as well release to Dream owners first, since they have been waiting the longest and have plunked down the most money. 😉

The guy who walked us through our Air Touring delivery this morning claimed to have "inside information" that CarPlay would roll out early next year, to Dream owners first. (Why they'd prioritize Dream owners makes no sense to me, but what do I know?)
Two reasons:
1) A “smoke test” of 520 cars to ensure no major issues are found before rolling it out to the rest.
2) We lived with the worst of it in the early days, and so it’s nice to get the new stuff a bit early. :)

Two reasons:
1) A “smoke test” of 520 cars to ensure no major issues are found before rolling it out to the rest.
2) We lived with the worst of it in the early days, and so it’s nice to get the new stuff a bit early. :)
The DE owners absolutely deserve "preferential"(if you can even call beta testing software that) treatment.

They took a leap of faith on a first time car manufacturer and have lived without these features the longest.

I'm certain Lucid is getting the software to them earlier not just because they love them more (they obviously do) but because they're the perfect beta testers after all this time.

It'll be ready for us sometime. I can wait. I just wish they'd keep us in the loop 😁

I believe this is called stream of consciousness. Try reading James Joyce “ Ulysses “ for reference
( sorry bocabob I couldn’t resist either)
I love this place. Everyone is so interesting. Back on topic....I've been researching the early Tesla S experience and came across this in a discussion about how terrible modern cars are becoming...and why our "bugs" seem to be so non-specific and un-tracable.

"
The screen is a single component that removes the need to wire each sensor directly to seperate gauges, or route power to different devices through individual switches, and all those sorts of things. It's just connected digitally to other modules that handle tasks like measuring sensor readings or controlling power distribution
This is exactly it. With protocols like I2C and 1Wire, you don't need a complete circuit for each sensor and device. You can daisy-chain a bunch of them, or use a bunch of cheap microcontrollers to each demux signals from devices in a region and send all that info back on a single conductor. It saves a lot of wire and reduces assembly complexity. We're actually at the point where copper is expensive and microcontrollers are cheap, so it's actually cheaper to use a bunch of 20-cent microcontrollers and save yourself ten bucks worth of wire."

OK ... now I begin to understand why these mysterious "bugs" do such weird things ... everything is connected to everything.

that's far out, man.

Because we endured V1.04?? ;)

47 Okay so a little Christmas gift for the last update backing out at home Depot the car all of a sudden turn bright red on all the panels and said stop... And it stopped then the center console pilot panel went totally dark try to do a Bobby reboot in the middle of the parking lot of course blocking the lane in home Depot to no avail the car would not move was totally unresponsive got out of the car try to another reboot with the directional in valet card no response got back in the car try to Bobby reboot and guess what the car rebooted but still no display in the center section but the card did go into drive and I was able to get out of the middle of the road went home parked close the door had a drink went back out to the car 40 to 50 minutes later did a Bobby reboot and guess what everything seemed to be okay except the panel did not have a 360° view it just had a four camera view did another reboot seems to be working okay but the car is having a tendency of giving warnings of proximity such as two or close to the right to close to the front and so forth I guess it was just a Christmas gift from lucid a Merry Christmas to everyone happy holidays
Feel as peeling thru Da Vinci Code minor.

Sorry, shouldn’t help. Merry Christmas!

You guys keep talking about Tidal. Do I want this? I have a pixel 5 phone. I do not know what all those little pictures do, except for the pocket casts and the Lucid app (which I have been forced to learn). Will the Tidal app scare me?

Also it seems we have a few audio geeks here.... what again is the best fidelity connection and source for music? I thought I read somewhere that borski or the dude advocate USB stick ? Looks like I have to open an account just to read about the service. Is it worth premium price for that level of fidelity in our cars ? and one more thing ... is there a way I can enjoy my CD collection thru Lucid audio system? Dammit I just now realzed I should have searched for a thread on Lucid audio. Sorry.

Also for the moderators: I can't see what topic I am posting under right now. Could you add the topic somewhere down here where I can see it as I type so I don't keep forgetting to which post I am responding? That would be grrrrraaaaaate. (sips coffee)
View attachment 7898
As someone who hadn’t even heard of Tidal until I got the AGT, I can say that the interface on the Lucid APP is unwieldy and irritating. However when you build a playlist/ favorites on your iphone app and then it appears on the lucid it’s a delight to play the dolby atmos and 360 degree songs. I find it comparable to Apple music spatial audio. I would still like a native apple
music app or carplay but in the meantime tidal dolby atmos is very nice in the car. It’s pretty cool with my Sony XM5 headphones too

As someone who hadn’t even heard of Tidal until I got the AGT, I can say that the interface on the Lucid APP is unwieldy and irritating. However when you build a playlist/ favorites on your iphone app and then it appears on the lucid it’s a delight to play the dolby atmos and 360 degree songs. I find it comparable to Apple music spatial audio. I would still like a native apple
music app or carplay but in the meantime tidal dolby atmos is very nice in the car. It’s pretty cool with my Sony XM5 headphones too
I agree on all counts!

Identical for me. The Air sound system is tailored for Tidal and other services that yield high quality audio. IMHO , if you are not using the system as it was intended , you are missing out. I understand and respect that individuals have different preferences, and some feel the audio is inferior. I felt that way initially but once I fully explored its capabilities , I became smitten with the thing. I hear many things I never heard before and appreciate the utter crispness of the sound. And yes, I am being redundant as I have said this far too many times already.😉

47 has dramatically improved the stability of various features (Alexa, backup cameras, etc).

I was driving yesterday and oh boy, this car is soooo good when everything's just working.

Cold night, seat massage going, seat heaters on, subtle but classy lighting, SiriusXM playing (flawlessly), and a perfectly comfortable ride. *chef's kiss*
I agree. The software keeps getting better and better. I did notice with this upgrade that the regenerative breaking is less on the highway than it has been. Has anyone else noticed this? If this is true, I do wish Kucid would have told us. I was a bit slow to apply the break the first time this happened as I was expecting the car to do its thing.

I agree. The software keeps getting better and better. I did notice with this upgrade that the regenerative breaking is less on the highway than it has been. Has anyone else noticed this? If this is true, I do wish Kucid would have told us. I was a bit slow to apply the break the first time this happened as I was expecting the car to do its thing.
Regenerative braking will be substantially reduced if the car is at a high state of charge, or if the battery is cold. It is the same in nearly all EVs. Most have a dash indicator to notify of reduced regenerative capacity.

I hate to say this because I am also of the opinion that if everything is working what a remarkable car it is. However, the most recent updates have created many issues that I have never seen before. Blank right cockpit and pilot screen, random. No 360 and backup cameras again, random. If I push park assist all that shows on screen is "unavailable", random. Frunk not wanting to open or close using any of the available methods. The only ways is to physically shut the frunk and perform a reboot. Occasionally, the turn signal cameras don't work.
The sound and symbology work but no camera view.

Thoroughly enjoy almost every other aspect of the car. My one and only long trip I have to say was faultless.

Just these random hiccups.
Latest update is 47.

Last edited:
Back