2.0.15 - The MOAU - Mother Of All Updates

I don't own a Lucid myself yet.. But just from being on the forums, it really looks like Lucid is rolling out these OTA updates pretty damn quick

Anyone with the Gamma build have the Highway assist version yet? That would be a number higher than 2.0.15
Brother, I just got 2.0.18 pushed to me and it's installing right now. I got 2.015 this afternoon...

Mad props to the Lucid SW team... Adversity not only builds character, it reveals it.

I’m curious what comes next: 2.0.19 was next for the beta testers, but that seemed to be mainly bug fixes. I’m guessing the main fleet’s bug fix patch will be next. But does 2.0.18 fix the issues seen with the beta testers’ versions? Numbering system isn’t helping here at all.

I’m curious what comes next: 2.0.19 was next for the beta testers, but that seemed to be mainly bug fixes. I’m guessing the main fleet’s bug fix patch will be next. But does 2.0.18 fix the issues seen with the beta testers’ versions? Numbering system isn’t helping here at all.
Some stuff is fixed in 2.0.19 and more stuff fixed in 2.0.20. I'm sure they are already working on 2.0.2X to fix some other items the beta group discovered.

I am very much looking forward to receiving this update. It seems to address many of the frustrations I had. However I was hoping to see improvements in the integration between Alexa and the maps app. I get frustrated that Alexa doesn’t know where “home” is, even though the car does, and if I ask Alexa to take me somewhere that has multiple locations (e.g. Target), it doesn’t give me a list of options to chose from.

I am very much looking forward to receiving this update. It seems to address many of the frustrations I had. However I was hoping to see improvements in the integration between Alexa and the maps app. I get frustrated that Alexa doesn’t know where “home” is, even though the car does, and if I ask Alexa to take me somewhere that has multiple locations (e.g. Target), it doesn’t give me a list of options to chose from.
This is why I am looking forward to CarPlay/AA.

Oh and one other thing… is the new software faster at switching profiles?

I’m not really bothered about CarPlay. It works well for rentals, but for my primary vehicle I prefer a well integrated native interface. I guess that’s just my personal preference
Understood. Good to have options.

Looks like 2.0.18 is rolling out. For me, this is the update that gave me insight into how Lucid is going to eventually accomplish what Tesla has been trying (and failing) to do with FSD. Lane centering is rock solid and the redundancy of Lidar, radar and cameras gives me a lot of confidence after using it for a week or so. Lidar is the dog’s bollocks, which is the British equivalent of the cat’s ass. Actually the dog’s bollocks are better than the cat’s ass because everyone knows that dogs are better than cats! I digress.

Fair warning: Be prepared to be annoyed by how often and hard you need to grip the steering when using lane centering. I’m looking forward to Lucid easing up on the restrictions and releasing more Dream Drive features in future updates. These are exciting times to be a Lucid owner!

Fair warning: Be prepared to be annoyed by how often and hard you need to grip the steering when using lane centering.
As other's have mentioned, the steering wheel doesn't need a death grip – it's torque sensitive, which means that you need to jiggle it a bit.

As other's have mentioned, the steering wheel doesn't need a death grip – it's torque sensitive, which means that you need to jiggle it a bit.
Tell me more.

Tell me more.
You need to apply a slight turn (one direction or another) to the steering wheel until you feel a little resistance. The car can sense that you are trying to override the steering and it counts that as having your hand/s on the wheel. What I do is pretend that I’m steering and nudge the steering wheel where I think the car should go. This works best on more curved roads. On straight roads you just pretend that the car is not driving straight and apply a little force to the steering wheel to make it go straight.

Another option is to rest your hand on the wheel on either side so as to provide a constant force on the wheel - just enough so the car senses it, but not too much to override the steering.

I’m not really bothered about CarPlay. It works well for rentals, but for my primary vehicle I prefer a well integrated native interface. I guess that’s just my personal preference

“Samesies.” CARPLAY et al in rental cars. In house, fully integrated interfaces in personal vehicles.

You need to apply a slight turn (one direction or another) to the steering wheel until you feel a little resistance. The car can sense that you are trying to override the steering and it counts that as having your hand/s on the wheel. What I do is pretend that I’m steering and nudge the steering wheel where I think the car should go. This works best on more curved roads. On straight roads you just pretend that the car is not driving straight and apply a little force to the steering wheel to make it go straight.

Another option is to rest your hand on the wheel on either side so as to provide a constant force on the wheel - just enough so the car senses it, but not too much to override the steering.
The torque is so little that when I was using HA on a semi bumpy section of freeway, the bumps were enough to keep it from pinging me to take over, 🤣

Back