2.0.15 - The MOAU - Mother Of All Updates

Ah yes this forum so many times has been down this road where it is revealed that so many people think more money buys them less issues. Money doesn’t buy the time necessary to polish something like new software and iron out wrinkles, nor does it buy your way out of a supply chain shortage or quality employee shortage or truck driver shortage or whatever problem the company has had where someone would like to apply the “I paid big bucks for this and this shouldn’t happen” attitude. If you’re at a fancy steak house then I can understand saying “I paid $80 for this steak that I wanted medium rare and it’s medium!”, but Lucid motors is not your waitress. Yes you are right that your backup camera should not glitch out. I’m sure Lucid would agree with you. But it’s not because of what the car costs, it’s because it’s a complex vehicle with a complete software rebuild that’s two months old, and some things that have been built from the ground up may not work correctly on the first or tenth revision but they’re actively working on improving it and resolving all issues. If a big price tag was supposed to buy a glitch free vehicle ownership experience then you should meet owners of Jaguar or Alfa Romeo or Land Rover.

Leave it to The Great Lebowski for the smackdown. Keep it all in perspective, people, there’s no price of admission to get ourselves into a problem-free car. Your car has problems or it doesn’t.

On my father’s BMW the foot waver trunk tech never has worked consistently, meaning minimum of 4 or 5 foot waves, by then he is losing his balance and just presses the button! Plus you look like an idiot or at the very least feel like an idiot “dancing” on one foot in a parking lot.
You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out…

Does your one-finger trick work on the door handles as well when your car doesn't recognize your mobile key or FOB right away?
You put your right foot in, you take your right foot out…
….then you try your left foot in and you shake it all about…you do the hokey pokey and….then you push the button….that’s what it’s all about!
😭😭😭

Kidding aside Lucid didn’t make me dance around like this, for that I am thankful!

Last edited:
Ah yes this forum so many times has been down this road where it is revealed that so many people think more money buys them less issues. Money doesn’t buy the time necessary to polish something like new software and iron out wrinkles, nor does it buy your way out of a supply chain shortage or quality employee shortage or truck driver shortage or whatever problem the company has had where someone would like to apply the “I paid big bucks for this and this shouldn’t happen” attitude. If you’re at a fancy steak house then I can understand saying “I paid $80 for this steak that I wanted medium rare and it’s medium!”, but Lucid motors is not your waitress. Yes you are right that your backup camera should not glitch out. I’m sure Lucid would agree with you. But it’s not because of what the car costs, it’s because it’s a complex vehicle with a complete software rebuild that’s two months old, and some things that have been built from the ground up may not work correctly on the first or tenth revision but they’re actively working on improving it and resolving all issues. If a big price tag was supposed to buy a glitch free vehicle ownership experience then you should meet owners of Jaguar or Alfa Romeo or Land Rover.
You forgot Lotus. Just sayin’
Why? I paid $169,000 for my car and some have paid more for their GTs. There is an expectation when you spend that much on a car.
Cell phone and internet modem early adopters come to mind. I knew early adopters/buyers of the bag phones, “brick” looking cell phones, and some of the first modems available and they all were happy to be on the cutting edge. These early items didn’t work always or for very long sometimes but the majority of early adopters forgive if your product isn’t perfect. Keep in mind the later adopters will demand more development, detail and want perfection.

You forgot Lotus. Just sayin’
No joking, the film director Barry Sonnenfeld (Men in Black movies, Addams Family etc) had two Lotus Esprits so he could drive one while the other was in the shop. Not sure if they were from before Rawlinson was at Lotus or after!

Back