FathomBlueScott

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid
DE Number
Good day...Lucid world....
I have happily reached 12K in mileage and I am contemplating the 1 year 12,000 mile service, which apparently includes cabin air filter key fob batteries vanity visor batteries rotating tires and new windshield wipers... Seems to be things that I can do on my own ....but I wonder. Thoughts welcome,
The ....Fathom Blue Scott

There is nothing exactly on point in the warranty about whether skipping recommended maintenance checks could void the warranty. One clause could perhaps be interpreted that way, most likely if the owner had ignored a malfunction warning and thus caused further damage. It states as a reason to void the warranty:

"Failing to properly operate your vehicle in accordance with the specific instructions and recommendation regarding the use and operation of your vehicle as provided in the Owner’s Manual."

Since the Owner's manual does recommend specific service intervals, I suppose Lucid could rely on this clause in an extreme case to deny warranty coverage. But it's an ambiguous clause at best for Lucid to rely on in denying warranty coverage for skipping a scheduled service.

But I'd think of this another way. Owning a new car from a new company, I'd take every opportunity to have their service personnel put eyes on the car just in case something is going amiss that I might not notice in the early stages.

Last edited:
I just brought my car in for service to have a malfunctioning door handle repaired under warranty. In addition to completing the repair they discovered that my
third brake light had non-functioning "bulbs" (whatever you would call the individual lights) which they replaced under warranty as well. I may never have realized
that this was an issue . . . ever. Point being, why not pay for the 12K service (which I suspect is totally reasonable but don't actually know) and have them go over your car
thoroughly while it is still under warranty. Penny wise . . .

It's only about $400. Worth it IMO to give your car a look-over. There may be one or two TSBs they'll attend to as well.

I'm at 13k miles and haven't had any lights come on or anything. Was there an indicator that informed you that you should take it in for service? FWIW, my car's been in at the Lucid Service center over 10 times throughout those 13k miles for various fixes and adjustments.

I'm at 13k miles and haven't had any lights come on or anything. Was there an indicator that informed you that you should take it in for service? FWIW, my car's been in at the Lucid Service center over 10 times throughout those 13k miles for various fixes and adjustments.
No lights/warnings/reminders to get service.

There is no indicator currently, the service schedule is just in the owner's manual.

Good day...Lucid world....
I have happily reached 12K in mileage and I am contemplating the 1 year 12,000 mile service, which apparently includes cabin air filter key fob batteries vanity visor batteries rotating tires and new windshield wipers... Seems to be things that I can do on my own ....but I wonder. Thoughts welcome,
The ....Fathom Blue Scott
Can I just say....you peeps are awesome... I'm going to schedule it... They said $350 for the 12k maintenance and for piece of mind and just to talk to another like-minded Lucid human is certainly worth that $350.

I'll report back if there is anything of note. I drive her every day and I still get that "I can't believe I get to drive this" feeling.... It's just like when I drove my blue '60 Sedan de ville everywhere from 1999 to 2009.

Enjoy the spring time weather ...

Cabin Air filters are Mahle LAK 1590

Change instructions can be found

There aren't any reminders but its pretty simple. 12k mile intervals or every 12 months.

Back