10,000 mile review - Out of Spec

I’m approaching 12k miles (took delivery 8/30/202). We love our Lucid Air. There’s been some growing pains with the software updates every now and then but overall this is the best vehicle we’ve ever owned. It’s so fun to drive.

I’d disagree about the charging issues on road trips based on the ones we’ve had in Florida. There was the occasional charger at the Electrify America station that made us move the car to a different charger bc it wasn’t working. However we charged quickly each time and was on our way. The coolest part was just talking to the new Audi or Porsche owners and comparing our full charge range. The Audi and Porsche looks great, but the range is terrible in those vehicles especially for the price you pay for the car. Mercedes EQS owners are just buying the name. It’s small on the inside and every owner I’ve pulled along side of in our Air looks like they have buyers remorse when I pass by.

The software updates to the car continue to improve the overall owner experience. I can’t wait to own a Gravity to replace the GM SUV we have.

We’re approaching 22,000 miles (took delivery 6/28/2022) with trips from Washington to Denver, Arizona, Michigan and places in between.
Most recent trip was to Moab Utah area (two weeks ago) with an excursion around The Great Salt Lake on return. No EA issues as our stops usually coincided with lunch stops were invariably the car was ready before we were.
Locally we keep it charged at home on level 2 at 80% which gives indicated range of 416 miles. This is perfect for most any of our trips in the NW part of our state. My point being that the lucid range is not only a ‘tripper’ advantage but a local one as well.
Kyle’s 10.000 mile review of his Dad’s Lucid was very interesting and informative but seemingly somewhat ambivalent. For example accolade’s as a ‘tripper’ due to comfort, range, size. etc, but suggesting not practical as a locally driven vehicle. As for size one wonders if Kyle was referring to the spaciness of the cabin as the Lucid Air is actually shorter and narrower than Tesla S.
Overall a great review as Kyle’s “out of spec” reviews usually are.

Watching Kyle's cannonball run and Dave's Florida trip, they really, really had problems with EA charging. I hope charging improves. I'm west coast. I don't hear as much complaints for the west coast.

Watching Kyle's cannonball run and Dave's Florida trip, they really, really had problems with EA charging. I hope charging improves. I'm west coast. I don't hear as much complaints for the west coast.
Kind of, Kyle didn't have super duper speeds for a run, but no one is traveling the way he is. How many people are comfortable pulling into a charger at 2%?

Apparently Kyle and company depending on short fast runs then a quick partial charge at battery low end provides less elapsed time than actually using the Lucid’s range requiring longer less frequent stops.
Seems a lot of wasted time trying to find optimized chargers during stops rather than just taking whatever output was available at any given location.
Would be interesting to do a time analysis actually using Lucid range advantage with 2/3 or 1/2 the number of stops.

Kind of, Kyle didn't have super duper speeds for a run, but no one is traveling the way he is. How many people are comfortable pulling into a charger at 2%?
I figure a lot of folks will eventually get comfortable enough to do that. Electrify America will need to fix reliability plus more alternatives as backups though. My wife has never been comfortable with my habitual push to get within 3-5% on arrival.

That would be an interesting survey of people's comfort range.

Back