1.2.6 OTA Out

I'm sure we've all read the Mythical Man-Month? More employees does not necessarily mean more output. Apple gets by with surprisingly few team members for a lot of their projects. The majority of Apple's employees at this point are in retail. I imagine the same might be true for Lucid at some point as they expand their studios. Although Apple doesn't employ most of its factory workers directly, so…

Of course, there are limits to what a small team can produce. So there is a balance to be struck. But I'd be careful just comparing numbers of employees. At least on the software side.

Facebook has hundreds of programmers working on just the Facebook iOS app. Apple has nowhere near that many working on Messages or Mail.

I'd be more concerned about hiring the right people, vs more people. I don't know anyone working at Lucid on software, but what I'd want to ask is whether the management team is any good, and whether they hire good people. If either of those is false, they will have a hard time attracting talent.

As Steve Jobs put is so succinctly, A players don't want to work with C players.

If you hire hundreds of people in a short period of time, the chances that some of them aren't bozos is next to nil.

The way I look at it fr 22Q1 Earning Report, it makes me feel I got a super car bargain. $683k per cost to deliver one Lucid Air, what a deal for me as early consumer!

And these union workers have no mercy to companies they work for.

The way I look at it fr 22Q1 Earning Report, it makes me feel I got a super car bargain. $683k per cost to deliver one Lucid Air, what a deal for me as early consumer!

And these union workers have no mercy to companies they work for.
Seems like a good time to buy an extra set of tires.... can save 15k.

So, I’m bringing this back to this thread since I believe it’s something from 1.2.6 Nav update. I was navigating out of SF today and it insisted I needed to stop at a charging station downtown. I was at 46% charge and only going 40-ish miles. Said to navigate to it (looks like an EVgo station), charge for 0 mins and carry on. I couldn’t delete it as it was greyed out. Once I passed the waypoint, it tried to re-route me once then it just gave up and adjusted to my final destination. I had a chuckle.

Also, quite surprised at the level of attention here. At one point three cars at once slowed down on 580 and enthusiastically waived at me. I assumed I would have seen a few of you driving around somewhere and that a Lucid was commonplace here haha.

Attachments

• 1E52A438-847C-426C-B08A-05F3ED090393.jpeg
    1E52A438-847C-426C-B08A-05F3ED090393.jpeg
    107 KB · Views: 119
So, I’m bringing this back to this thread since I believe it’s something from 1.2.6 Nav update. I was navigating out of SF today and it insisted I needed to stop at a charging station downtown. I was at 46% charge and only going 40-ish miles. Said to navigate to it (looks like an EVgo station), charge for 0 mins and carry on. I couldn’t delete it as it was greyed out. Once I passed the waypoint, it tried to re-route me once then it just gave up and adjusted to my final destination. I had a chuckle.

Also, quite surprised at the level of attention here. At one point three cars at once slowed down on 580 and enthusiastically waived at me. I assumed I would have seen a few of you driving around somewhere and that a Lucid was commonplace here haha.
This exact thing happened to me when driving up to Maine this past weekend. I had plenty of charge to reach my destination and there was an EA charger 9 miles from my hotel, but the navigation wanted me to stop at a rest stop EVGo charger 1/2 way there. I just ignored it and it recalculated. I didn’t check under the “manage trip” tab but maybe it shows up in there as a waypoint and you can just delete it?

3 months after my ownership, this car still garner people want to drive around me to check out the car, especially Tesla cars. It feels as EV magnets. I still yet seen 1 Lucid in the wild. Funny on Sunday, I was on HOV to downtown on I-10, I abruptly slowed down from 95mph to 70mph bc I saw a tollway constable, very guiltily drove passed him. He then picked up his 60mph speed started tailgating me. I thought I might be in trouble, but it turned out he was just checking me out closely and left HOV lane. Few minutes after he left tollway, I went back to 105mph as I was late to an event.

Anyone else finding that this update's "you don't have to reset nav destination" is TOO sticky? If I send destinations to the car, it never accepts them anymore unless I manually kill the last nav before I shut down the car. Instead, it just resumes the old one with like 500ft to destination.

I’ve never had the nav route me to a non-EA charger. But I’ve had the nav overestimate my ability to reach a charging point. I’d much rather it underestimate and add more charging stations than necessary.

Anyone else finding that this update's "you don't have to reset nav destination" is TOO sticky? If I send destinations to the car, it never accepts them anymore unless I manually kill the last nav before I shut down the car. Instead, it just resumes the old one with like 500ft to destination.
Yes. Fair trade off for me currently as not resuming previously was far more annoying. But agreed… a little too sticky

I’ve never had the nav route me to a non-EA charger. But I’ve had the nav overestimate my ability to reach a charging point. I’d much rather it underestimate and add more charging stations than necessary.
Yeah same. I’ve found that if it is required to charge and adds a charging stop, it’ll disappear as a waypoint if I get close and have “enough” range calculation to get to the final destination. Even if that’s a few miles left in the battery.

Yeah, something is off with the calculation. I sent a whole bunch of info to Lucid over it just after the update was released.

For reference, the main items I informed them on Nav were:

• SoC isn't calculating correctly in Nav nor is it updating the SoC at charger\destination while driving
  • EA charger numbers are wrong (showing available plugs not charger). When one plug is in use the charger is in use so the 2nd plug being counted as available is wrong
  • Some EA charging locations are missing from Nav
  • Nav seems to glitch during trip at which point the SoC at charger\destination updates then and only then

Suggestions made:
  • Time to charge is based on 350Kw only. Given limited number of 350Kw chargers, I suggested they also add the time to charge for 150Kw chargers as well
  • Given EVGo now supports plug and charge with GM it would be good if Lucid offered this as well given EVGo seems to be more reliable over EA

Back