1.2.17 Drop

Yeah I LOVE the satellite view. What I don’t love is that it takes so much bandwidth to load that it causes Tidal to drop out more than usual. Two steps forward, one step back.
I noticed this too. Using navigation and Tidal simultaneously drops the sound often. Even the volume buttons become unresponsive. Have to switch music inputs to bring it back. Sometimes I even have to wait a minute or two for system to recover. When I don't have navigation running, TIDAL works without issues.

I noticed this too. Using navigation and Tidal simultaneously drops the sound often. Even the volume buttons become unresponsive. Have to switch music inputs to bring it back. Sometimes I even have to wait a minute or two for system to recover. When I don't have navigation running, TIDAL works without issues.
I think it’s the same for Spotify. In other cars the music stops while the navigation is giving directions and then then resumes at its original volume once voice guidance ends perhaps they have not gotten the software to that stage yet.

I don’t think it’s the sat maps - if I mute the annoying nav lady, Tidal cuts out way less, particularly when streaming Dolby tracks.

I think it’s a threading issue between nav and tidal, not a bandwidth issue due to sat maps.

Try muting her?

I don’t think it’s the sat maps - if I mute the annoying nav lady, Tidal cuts out way less, particularly when streaming Dolby tracks.

I think it’s a threading issue between nav and tidal, not a bandwidth issue due to sat maps.

Try muting her?
You're right the music does cut out less often when the nav lady is muted, but it still happens once in awhile. It always happens when nav lady speaks (or would have spoken if she wasn't muted). Still happens annoyingly enough. Whereas when not using nav at all, I never have issues with music.

You're right the music does cut out less often when the nav lady is muted, but it still happens once in awhile. It always happens when nav lady speaks (or would have spoken if she wasn't muted). Still happens annoyingly enough. Whereas when not using nav at all, I never have issues with music.
Well, I would think that is the only way the Sat lady can speak, through the speakers and therefore the music will be muted/interrupted for the duration she speaks IMO.

Agreed

Well, I would think that is the only way the Sat lady can speak, through the speakers and therefore the music will be muted/interrupted for the duration she speaks IMO.
The music gets lowered while she speaks, always. For non-Atmos tracks, it picks back up 90% of the time. For Atmos tracks, the music is dead 50% of the time and you have to do the radio to tidal dance to get it restarted.

Many versions ago, scrolling (moving finger) quickly up/down on the right panel or the pilot panel would cause dropouts for the audio. I submitted a bug report, with video, but I haven't noticed the problem lately. So maybe they improved they scrolling interrupt handling, which took precedence over audio streaming? But they may still have some form of this problem.

I drove plenty yesterday for relatives coming from California on newly installed 1.2.11. I was driving them around town, they were pretty impressed with the car more than Houston and Katy scenery. 😂 No cellular signal dropping, no reboot ever needed, they were very awed by the infotainment system with satellite imagery. Alexa also did great job not ghosting on me. 😂 they were mostly impressed by the sectional cabin temperature control in the back, sunshade and the comfort ride. Lucid did me proud this time.

Wow! I just received 1.2.17 notification after getting a L2 charging finished notification. I wonder what enhance that is for an ADAS component. 🤔

I also just finished a review of Porsche Taycan, it only had 2 updates in a year with still a decade old user interface and have to bring into dealership for each update to wait at dealership lobby and owners have to deal more with multiple safety recalls? I feel bad for Taycan owners, I have 7 OTA updates now in 4 1/2 months, I wouldn’t want to bring in to Service Center 7 times in 18 weeks.

I think Porsche Taycan won customers mostly from brand royalty, prestige of German handling and styling. Compare to Lucid Air, it’s almost Heaven and Earth as both are their first teething year.

I drove plenty yesterday for relatives coming from California on newly installed 1.2.11. I was driving them around town, they were pretty impressed with the car more than Houston and Katy scenery. 😂 No cellular signal dropping, no reboot ever needed, they were very awed by the infotainment system with satellite imagery. Alexa also did great job not ghosting on me. 😂 they were mostly impressed by the sectional cabin temperature control in the back, sunshade and the comfort ride. Lucid did me proud this time.
Yes! I went to pickup relatives from the airport recently, too. I parked the car in hourly and went in to help with bags. While walking out with them, I couldn’t tell you what they were talking about. All I was thinking about was “please unlock. Please don’t drop sound. Please don’t blackout screens. Please don’t enter turtle mode on 405 going 80.” All went well and the car behaved as expected. They were impressed, too!

Wow! I just received 1.2.17 notification after getting a L2 charging finished notification. I wonder what enhance that is for an ADAS component. 🤔

I also just finished a review of Porsche Taycan, it only had 2 updates in a year with still a decade old user interface and have to bring into dealership for each update to wait at dealership lobby and owners have to deal more with multiple safety recalls? I feel bad for Taycan owners, I have 7 OTA updates now in 4 1/2 months, I wouldn’t want to bring in to Service Center 7 times in 18 weeks.

I think Porsche Taycan won customers mostly from brand royalty, prestige of German handling and styling. Compare to Lucid Air, it’s almost Heaven and Earth as both are their first teething year.

Yeah I watched that review also. She had test driven a Lucid to consider switching to it from the Taycan but stuck with the Porsche with the only explanation being “it’s a Porsche”, even though the only possible advantage the Porsche had was maybe corner handling (although the Lucid is excellent and she didn’t address its handling) and not being a new company. While the review isn’t very objective, I think that she’s coming from a place a lot of potential buyers are coming from. I personally don’t get it. For comparable Taycan trims, the Lucid is less money and more space/comfort and superior in every category you look at whether it’s speed, space, charging or range.

Yeah I watched that review also. She had test driven a Lucid to consider switching to it from the Taycan but stuck with the Porsche with the only explanation being “it’s a Porsche”, even though the only possible advantage the Porsche had was maybe corner handling (although the Lucid is excellent and she didn’t address its handling) and not being a new company. While the review isn’t very objective, I think that she’s coming from a place a lot of potential buyers are coming from. I personally don’t get it. For comparable Taycan trims, the Lucid is less money and more space/comfort and superior in every category you look at whether it’s speed, space, charging or range.
She did paid $500 upgrade for more Porsche logo swag and $500 for simulated engine sound. 😂
I guess her being working 7 years in the mechanic shop for German cars, she has grown love for German engineering and Porsche styling. She traded in her Model-3 saying it feel cheap and paid double Model-3 price for Taycan. Model-3 beats Porsche in software, range, acceleration. But in the end, I can relate to her that German high end cars have better interior cabin and overall built quality, luxurious sensation and that sporty dashboard which Model-3 lacks.

Sometimes it is the little things, I have a Lucid and an Audio Etron GT. Carplay. I may get rid of the lucid soon over carplay. The OS on the car is terrible and that matters. The lucid is so quiet when it drives though. The model 3 is not anything like the lucid, the porche or the audi.

Sometimes it is the little things, I have a Lucid and an Audio Etron GT. Carplay. I may get rid of the lucid soon over carplay. The OS on the car is terrible and that matters. The lucid is so quiet when it drives though. The model 3 is not anything like the lucid, the porche or the audi.
This is a new one; first post and getting rid of the Lucid over Carplay! Good for you.

How’s that e-Tron route planner? Does it still navigate to charging locations that it’s knows are offline? Can you filter out the mess of all the slow chargers it’s shows? Does CarPlay just completely take over the car when your phone connects to the MMI?

Will never touch an Audi again after the software issues I had on my previous e-Tron. 7 weeks of not being able to connect to the car through the App and Audi just pretended nothing was wrong. Lucid may have software problems but at least they’re getting updates out to address unlike Audi who gave me 3 or 4 updates in 3 years and still didn’t fix issues that came with the car day 1!

If you’re serious, hold out a month or two. We are anticipating CarPlay with the 2.0 update coming.

is this zooming brand new in 1.2.17 or was it there before I didn’t notice?

D06BECAA-639C-4E00-ADD7-D375B21B8C1D.jpeg

Back