1.1.7 Release Notes

I just noticed today that Amazon Music does.
For folks who have their Lucids, is Amazon Music app available on the car? I'm asking because of Alex integration. If you ask Alexa to play something, does it default to Amazon Music?

For folks who have their Lucids, is Amazon Music app available on the car? I'm asking because of Alex integration. If you ask Alexa to play something, does it default to Amazon Music?
Surprisingly no

I don't know about the Amazon Music App, but If I say "Alexa play music by the Beatles", it's from Amazon Music.

I don't know about the Amazon Music App, but If I say "Alexa play music by the Beatles", it's from Amazon Music.
I don't know about Lucid, but at home when I tell Alexa to play something it automatically defaults to Amazon Music (I should know - I get ear-fucked by Sarah Mclachlan for the entire month of Dec when my wife tells Alexa to play her Xmas songs). Do not know if it has anything to do with my Prime subscription.

I don't have my car yet but I'm hoping and assuming the car shows up just as another Alexa device. If it does, using the Alexa app on my phone, I pick what I want as my default music app (if you don't choose it uses Amazon) and it will use that source whenever I request a song on any Alexa device

I don't have my car yet but I'm hoping and assuming the car shows up just as another Alexa device. If it does, using the Alexa app on my phone, I pick what I want as my default music app (if you don't choose it uses Amazon) and it will use that source whenever I request a song on any Alexa device
Ahh yea, correct. I had Spotify linked to my Alexa account so the car was always just defaulting using Spotify as my music service.

What do you do if you have never used Alexa? Do I need to start using it and create an account? How is that done?

Heck, I really don't bother Siri ever either. I have always used Sirius except in my Mustangs and they always just link to my phone and automatically start playing from whatever source I used last.

Ahh yea, correct. I had Spotify linked to my Alexa account so the car was always just defaulting using Spotify as my music service.
So if I link Alexa to default to Apple Music, will the car then "stream" from Apple Music directly or will it use my phone via Bluetooth?

What do you do if you have never used Alexa? Do I need to start using it and create an account? How is that done?

Heck, I really don't bother Siri ever either. I have always used Sirius except in my Mustangs and they always just link to my phone and automatically start playing from whatever source I used last.
It's tied to your Amazon account. You can download the app or go online and change your settings.

So if I link Alexa to default to Apple Music, will the car then "stream" from Apple Music directly or will it use my phone via Bluetooth?
I'm not sure, from the sounds if it, you should be able to stream from your linked account. For example, I can say "Alexa play my driving Playlist on Spotify" and it starts with that Playlist. But, I'm not sure if that is working because spotify is integrated into the UX or if it's doing it through Alexa.

I'm not sure, from the sounds if it, you should be able to stream from your linked account. For example, I can say "Alexa play my driving Playlist on Spotify" and it starts with that Playlist. But, I'm not sure if that is working because spotify is integrated into the UX or if it's doing it through Alexa.
Along those lines, since it's also an Amazon product, can you tell Alexa to play a book you're listening to on Audible? Has anyone tried that yet?

Along those lines, since it's also an Amazon product, can you tell Alexa to play a book you're listening to on Audible? Has anyone tried that yet?
hmm...I will try that this morning on my drive and report back!

giving directions, yes. Asking to go to a location? Not so much.
Have you tried downloading the California map and testing it after? Seemed to work better. Alexa navigate to Walmart gave me 4 different options around me. Then Alexa navigate to number 1 and it loaded that route.

Back