Zeb Coughenour Gives Interesting Tour of Gravity

Nice review. Thanks for posting, @hmp10.
Wondering if HomeLink will be a physical button?

Nice review. Thanks for posting, @hmp10.
Wondering if HomeLink will be a physical button?

There are going to be two user-programmable toggle buttons below the pilot screen alongside the temp and fan controls. I'm hoping one of them can be programmed to switch drive modes without going into a menu (including dispensing with that annoying "Confirm" button for Sprint mode).

Although Homellink in the Air can be programmed for up to 16 doors & gates (for owners with multiple homes) I, too, hope at least two or three can be programmed into direct-access buttons, ideally on the bottom of the rearview mirror where they don't clutter up anything but are easy to reach.

Also, a question for those who have seen the show car in person with the Yosemite interior: does the Yosemite look like a fabric or a synthetic leather?

There are going to be two user-programmable toggle buttons below the pilot screen alongside the temp and fan controls. I'm hoping one of them can be programmed to switch drive modes without going into a menu (including dispensing with that annoying "Confirm" button for Sprint mode).

Although Homellink in the Air can be programmed for up to 16 doors & gates (for owners with multiple homes) I, too, hope at least two or three can be programmed into direct-access buttons, ideally on the bottom of the rearview mirror where they don't clutter up anything but are easy to reach.

Also, a question for those who have seen the show car in person with the Yosemite interior: does the Yosemite look like a fabric or a synthetic leather?
Definitely leather in appearance
1000005622.jpg

I agree with @hydbob - definitely leather like. Not that I could feel it, but I didn't realize it was a synthetic until I read the Yosemite info board more closely.

20231117_194221.jpg

The Gravity is so sweet - I hope my wife is open to the idea of going electric for her. I like everything about it.

Wonder why he didn’t actually demo the capacitive touch control by sliding and pressing the button. Are those just dummy buttons in that vehicle? Love the panel interface and redesigned floating panel.

He does confirm split screen capability will exist in regard to apps, which is a very good thing. On the topic of the Yosemite upholstery, I must be an outlier in that I would have loved to see it have a fabric/suede like appearance. Oh well…

Wonder why he didn’t actually demo the capacitive touch control by sliding and pressing the button. Are those just dummy buttons in that vehicle? Love the panel interface and redesigned floating panel.
My feeling is that either those buttons are just stand-ins for the real thing, or the software is simply not hooked up to them yet. The software for this vehicle still has a long way to go before release.

You’d be amazed the stuff software developers have to do for marketing teams when showing off prototypes. Some of the “apps” shown off at the original iPhone demo were literally photoshop mockups just popped onto the screen as images. And even the working apps only worked if you pressed the exact correct buttons in the exact correct sequence. Otherwise, crash. End of demo.

Probably just dummy buttons. The Airs that were put on display in the studios before the production launch had similar non-functioning mock-ups. On the cars I sat in, the rotary switches on the steering wheels, the toggle switches for temp and fan speed, and similar switchgear were not working. Even the center armrest in the rear seat did not fold down, with just a leather-covered plug covering the opening. I suspect that's the same on the Gravity, as nowhere have I seen that second-row center armrest folded down -- a feature in which I always have a rather odd interest. (I actually passed on considering a Model X at one point because of its inexplicable lack of one.)

Back