Yearly service

BuddhaDada13

Cars
Lucid AGT Black/Mojave
Anyone do their yearly service yet? Since it's been over a year since the first DE Air's have been out, some may have been serviced? My car was in for service of a scratched B pillar and they told me I was due for a yearly service even though, I have had my car only since late March. It seems that my vehicle met the mileage requirement for a yearly service. They are recommending service at one year or 12K miles.

The cost for the service? $301.85.

What does it include?
Replace the 6 batteries for the sun visors
Replace the 3 air cabin filters
Replace the windshield wiper blades
Tire rotation

As part of the service, they discovered the left rear door shield was gashed so they repaired it for free.

They also acted on some action times. In addition to the tow eye bracket fix, they also inspected the charge port door emergency release, did a wiper harness inspection, did a rear drive control unit (DCU) orientation update and an intermediate shaft replacement.

Anyone do their yearly service yet? Since it's been over a year since the first DE Air's have been out, some may have been serviced? My car was in for service of a scratched B pillar and they told me I was due for a yearly service even though, I have had my car only since late March. It seems that my vehicle met the mileage requirement for a yearly service. They are recommending service at one year or 12K miles.

What does it include?
Tire rotation

As part of the service, they discovered the left rear door shield was gashed so they repaired it for free.

They also acted on some action times. In addition to the tow eye bracket fix, they also inspected the charge port door emergency release, did a wiper harness inspection, did a rear drive control unit (DCU) orientation update and an intermediate shaft replacement.
The manual advises one year or 12k miles, whichever comes first. So that checks out.

What does it include?
Tire rotation

That’s awesome. I’m used to paying German car service prices, where an oil change alone costs $300+.

What does it include?
Tire rotation

Wow, that's Mercedes prices for service! 😇

That’s awesome. I’m used to paying German car service prices, where an oil change alone costs $300+.
Yeah. First oil change on my wife's Mercedes was $289! Air filter is $140. Our Toyotas were cheaper to maintain.

Yeah. First oil change on my wife's Mercedes was $289! Air filter is $140. Our Toyotas were cheaper to maintain.
The air filters are the biggest rip
Off’s on all cars. They all put them where it is not an easy Do-It-Yourself item 😂

Well I'm just past one year and ~8000 miles. Need I contact for service?

Nah...

after all ... it's just a golf cart

I have always done my own routine service.... drain the used electrons and change the filter on the flux capacitor...

Well I'm just past one year and ~8000 miles. Need I contact for service? ...
We called service for "1 yr" and were explicitly told "no, 12K miles, not 1 yr".

I was told wholuc
We called service for "1 yr" and were explicitly told "no, 12K miles, not 1 yr".
Its whichever is first.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 1.59.21 PM.png

I was told wholuc

Its whichever is first.
I've no idea what "wholuc" is...
That doesn't change that when we called the wif was told "no, we don't want to see you at 1 year with 7K miles, wait for 12K miles."
As we all know, Lucid is horrible at customer communications and that the service locations are not consistent...
we can't force them to do the work (heck, we have enough trouble getting things like damage and build flaws repaired).

I've no idea what "wholuc" is...
That doesn't change that when we called the wif was told "no, we don't want to see you at 1 year with 7K miles, wait for 12K miles."
As we all know, Lucid is horrible at customer communications and that the service locations are not consistent...
we can't force them to do the work (heck, we have enough trouble getting things like damage and build flaws repaired).
See above. Read manual. That was a typo.

See above. Read manual. That was a typo.
Yes, and service (Tysons VA) says "no, not yet, wait for 12K miles"... so in this case Lucid speaks conflicting directions with two different voices...
I feel like "a man with two watches".

Yes, and service (Tysons VA) says "no, not yet, wait for 12K miles"... so in this case Lucid speaks conflicting directions with two different voices...
I feel like "a man with two watches".
That is very confusing!

For what it's worth, Tyson's gave me my service at 12k miles after about 8 months so it seems like they're tying it to mileage, not time.

The warranty does say one year or 12k miles, but the reality is that calendar time doesn't affect much. Brake fluid will break down over time, regardless of use, but not in a year or two. The 12v battery's life could partially depend on age. Tires have a useful life in years after which they are less safe, but generally will wear out faster than that. So going by months instead of miles isn't generally meaningful.

But there are three real life factors that affect usage, and only two that get mentioned or incorporated into a warranty or maintenance schedule. One is age, another is mileage, and a third is time in use. A lot of things are covered by years, but wear out based on how much they are used. Your seats should wear out at about the same rate if you drive a certain number of hours per year regardless of your average speed. Window regulators and motors might be affected by how often they are used. It's really only the drive train and suspension where mileage is of primary importance. It's likely a big factor for the traction battery. Cutting off the warranty on the sound system based on exceeding a certain number of miles makes no sense, but is done because everybody else does it that way. If they want to warrant it for four years, mileage shouldn't be a factor.

Scheduled maintenance based on mileage makes more sense than going by calendar year, but I wish that warranties went by time alone for things that aren't affected by movement.

What does it include?
Tire rotation

How often is tire rotation needed? Mine had 5k miles and I asked for one when it went in for some other service, and they did it.
But if it was only required at 12k, maybe they should have asked me to wait. It was $60.

Back