Would the Cali bear placement bother you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

uscnamja781

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
DA7CB2E8-B3EA-4918-8A92-1A0AF967100B.jpeg
495983D5-2141-4982-9AE8-759AE05AE04D.jpeg

Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??

I’m decidedly a no bear guy, but if I did want those stickers and they were not placed in the same spot on both sides, that would likely drive me nuts.

I’d have your PPF person take them off, then next time you go in for service, have them reinstalled properly.
I am actually now leaning towards no bear but I have a service appt soon, they said they will email me because the trim on rear door is not aligned, YIkes.

View attachment 11275View attachment 11276
Took delivery on Air touring, which I plan to write a full review on delivery experience and car (love it!). So the DA and assistant (two people one on each side) ended up putting in Cali Bear on the sides. And I noticed One side is one inch above the other sticker. Maybe I am OCD ? Idk but I ask the DA for extra sticker so I place it on same alignment as other side. Anyone else be bothered by this??
Yep! I would be. It's like my sideburns. I can never get them quite right and no one else will notice, but me. But I care, lol...

View attachment 11275View attachment 11276

Wow. At first I thought you were being overly particular. Then I looked at your pictures. If I were you, a difference like that, and just knowing about it, would irk me to no end.

I didn't want to put it on the ppf and have an issue taking it off if I didn't like it so followed @hydbob advice and put it on the rear quarter glass and as @Drendino just stated, only on the driver's side.

Now, I like that! That’s a good idea.

I had two stickers handed to my at our January event in Carlsbad. I wanted to have them, but I declined to have them put on. Now I know where I want to place them.

Holy cow, did they really not make a left and right version on all cars, or just this one?
That was an intentional choice. Peter said in person that it’s the idea of the bear walking around the car, and the bear always faces left, like the CA flag

That was an intentional choice. Peter said in person that it’s the idea of the bear walking around the car, and the bear always faces left, like the CA flag

This reminds me of those insurance commercials where they try to spin a story out of some marketing play. (I kind of enjoy the Progressive commercials, but the Lemu Emu dreck from Liberty Mutual makes me want to put a gun to the emu's head . . . and then to mine.)

If Lucid is that obsessed with the "California heritage" of the car, it would seem they would build it there as well. It almost seems as if they're trying to make buyers forget the Arizona factories where they're putting most of the job growth . . . or that Lucid is a majority-Saudi-owned company.

As in some other Rawlinson moves, I think this has something to do with Elon Musk -- in this case that Musk is making such a point of trashing California.

That was an intentional choice. Peter said in person that it’s the idea of the bear walking around the car, and the bear always faces left, like the CA flag.
I've lost count of how many of us have explained this in just this thread alone.

This reminds me of those insurance commercials where they try to spin a story out of some marketing play. (I kind of enjoy the Progressive commercials, but the Lemu Emu dreck from Liberty Mutual makes me want to put a gun to the emu's head . . . and then to mine.)

If Lucid is that obsessed with the "California heritage" of the car, it would seem they would build it there as well. It almost seems as if they're trying to make buyers forget the Arizona factories where they're putting most of the job growth . . . or that Lucid is a majority-Saudi-owned company.

As in some other Rawlinson moves, I think this has something to do with Elon Musk -- in this case that Musk is making such a point of trashing California.
Why would any company build a factory in California when they could build it for a fraction of the cost in Arizona or Texas? This was about cost and cost alone.

Take 'em off!

Such a clean and beautifully-melded retro/modernist design doesn't benefit by such decals.

And they didn't even bother to make a left and right version, so the bear faces a different way on each side. He seems to be backing up on one right side, which is decidedly weird.

This bears repeating.

When I got to the showroom to pickup my AT, there was a ZR 21" with the decals. My immediate reaction was, "Hate it!" and hoped it wasn't mine.

It wasn't. Mine was and is decal-free.

Oh, that makes sense. The loaner car that I have right now has the decals and I don’t find the direction to be out of place at all.

Why would any company build a factory in California when they could build it for a fraction of the cost in Arizona or Texas? This was about cost and cost alone.
I know that. But I still think this obsession about the California connection is a bit over the top. I lived in L.A. and love California. But I now live in a part of the country where a California connection is anything but a recommendation to many. I’m getting tired of businesses telegraphing what I think are intentionally-loaded signals into their marketing. I’ve actually walked out of a restaurant with a “Donald Burger” and a “DeSantis Salad” on the menu and a produce market with posters of Roger Stone and Michael Flynn on the walls. I’m just tired of all of it from either end of the spectrum. And Lucid is running this California heritage shtick into the ground.

I know that. But I still think this obsession about the California connection is a bit over the top. I lived in L.A. and love California. But I now live in a part of the country where a California connection is anything but a recommendation to many. I’m getting tired of businesses telegraphing what I think are intentionally-loaded signals into their marketing. I’ve actually walked out of a restaurant with a “Donald Burger” and a “DeSantis Salad” on the menu and a produce market with posters of Roger Stone and Michael Flynn on the walls. I’m just tired of all of it from either end of the spectrum. And Lucid is running this California heritage shtick into the ground.

You just made me feel like taking down right side of decal and replace with Texas “lone star” decal. But I really don’t want to do that, people will think this is a Jeep brand Air. 🤔

Dilemma… dilemma…

44005AA9-7FC5-4D5F-AECB-3EF56D3593F7.png

You just made me feel like taking down right side of decal and replace with Texas “lone star” decal. But I really don’t want to do that, people will think this is a Jeep brand Air. 🤔

Dilemma… dilemma…

View attachment 11380

Given the tit-for-tat between Musk and Rawlinson, I’ve been waiting for the Lone Star decals to show up in the Tesla Store. I’ll take a pass on them, too.

It's not a Shtick it's part of Lucid's brand. They have their 4 interiors named after cities/locations in California.

California is one of the leading states in the country in the push for clean energy. I think the branding is perfect.

Finally, you're going to think I'm insane, but I'm eligible for retirement in less than 2.5 years with 25 years in public service and if I decide to go, I'll only be 52. My retirement from my current job destination will be California. I will be practicing law full-time there until my real retirement age of 65.

It's not a Shtick it's part of Lucid's brand. They have their 4 interiors named after cities/locations in California.

Yes, all interiors are named after California locations. And California bear Easter eggs are sprinkled around the interior. And California geo-coordinates are engraved on the sill plates. And now they're sticking large bear decals on the cars? We get it. Really, we do. It's a California car . . . it's a California car . . . it's a California car . . . . .

But it can't mask the reality that it's a Saudi-owned company with its only factories in Arizona and (soon) Saudi Arabia.

California is one of the leading states in the country in the push for clean energy.

And Florida has one of the country's fastest growth rates in solar energy production and is second only to California in numbers of EVs registered. In fact, the first two Design Studios that Lucid opened outside of California were in Florida due to the number of reservations from here. This is part of the reason I'm so perplexed that Lucid keeps trying to hit you with a sledgehammer that IT'S A CALIFORNIA PRODUCT!!! That might ring bells in California but, trust me, it really doesn't here -- or in many of the other nine states in which I've lived.

Finally, you're going to think I'm insane, but I'm eligible for retirement in less than 2.5 years with 25 years in public service and if I decide to go, I'll only be 52. My retirement from my current job destination will be California. I will be practicing law full-time there until my real retirement age of 65.

I don't think retiring in California is insane. In fact, in other posts on this forum I've said that I thought hard about retiring back to the L.A. area (I used to live in Studio City and loved it there). The only thing that tipped our plans toward Florida was that so many of our friends and family were retiring here, and none were heading west. Now, with recent, er, "tonal" changes in Florida, I'm beginning to regret it.

California is one of the leading states in the country in the push for clean energy. I think the branding is perfect.

You wanna take the CA bar exam at 52? Ugh ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back