While we are on the subject of battery charging

wcpopi

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
Is there a recommendation regarding whether to leave the charging cable in place when the car is in the garage? If, say, the charge level is set for normal driving, and the charge is below that level, will the charger automatically bring the car up to the preset level or must a charging session be activated by me? What if I am gone for an extended period of time, say three weeks? Leave the charging cable attached?

So many questions, so little time!

Thanks to all.

If you have it garaged, I'd say right now to charge it to 80% and unplug it when you are gone. You can leave it plugged in, but i would check every 3 days to check your charge level and to initiate that charge session you mentioned.

The Lucid charger can't be controlled so plug it in and it will charge immediately to whatever you've set in the car. So get home and plug in it will charge immediately to what % you set in the vehicle. You can get other chargers that can be controlled to charge at certain times etc. to make use of cheaper rates from your electricity company.

For example, I have a JuiceBox that is set to charge from 9pm to 4pm only. If I plug the car into the charger outside that window it won't charge and will wait until the time comes. Once the time comes it starts charging the car and will stop at 80% which is what I have set it to.

The Lucid charger can't be controlled so plug it in and it will charge immediately to whatever you've set in the car. So get home and plug in it will charge immediately to what % you set in the vehicle. You can get other chargers that can be controlled to charge at certain times etc. to make use of cheaper rates from your electricity company.

For example, I have a JuiceBox that is set to charge from 9pm to 4pm only. If I plug the car into the charger outside that window it won't charge and will wait until the time comes. Once the time comes it starts charging the car and will stop at 80% which is what I have set it to.
So when you come back in the morning do you find that you have the infamous vampire drain and lost 3% or is it stable at 80

So when you come back in the morning do you find that you have the infamous vampire drain and lost 3% or is it stable at 80
It remains plugged in so I guess if it's draining it's getting topped back up straight away. My car has been at the Service Center for the last 2 weeks and has only dropped 2 or 3% in charge. As others have pointed out, the constant waking up and sleeping is adding to the vampire drain. I can walk down the stairs, past the garage with my phone into the kitchen and then hear the fans going because the phone has obviously triggered the car to wake up.

Funnily enough, when I want the phone to open the car via proximity it never works 😂

Back