WHERE are the GARMENT hooks???

Head-scratching omission. Either dumb or condescending…like heads-up display, SXM, etc
No, you’re right, I would definitely never buy a car without garment hooks. I’m gonna go hang out in my Camry, surrounded in dry cleaning, blasting Pop2k.

I’m enjoying all the digs about garment hooks. But the back seats do have the grab handles, which are actually better than your average garment hook. You can fit five or six hangers on them, easy. I use them all the time on my Tesla.

So I’m not sure that there is an actual problem here.

But continue with the jokes, because that has been fun. Just want to be sure folks here understand that the car does indeed have handles that can be used as garment hooks. Unless GTs are shipping without them, and I missed that?

I’m enjoying all the digs about garment hooks. But the back seats do have the grab handles, which are actually better than your average garment hook. You can fit five or six hangers on them, easy. I use them all the time on my Tesla.

But continue with the jokes, because that has been fun. Just want to be sure folks here understand that the car does indeed have handles that can be used as garment hooks. Unless GTs are shipping without them, and I missed that?
(I use the handles too, and always found garment hooks to be way too small; can't fit more than like a single hanger or two on there)

if you're one of the very very few who still wear a suit coat, put it on a plastic hanger and hand it from the grab bar in the rear seat

You must have one of the newer Teslas. Our Teslas were built in 2017 and 2018. No grab handles anywhere. I think it was because EEEEHLOHNNN found them “boring”, whatever that fratboy-douchebag meant. God, I hate him.

Can we talk about the lack of garment hooks again?

Attachments

• C807DADB-34CE-4020-B752-1DEE4706BC2E.jpeg
    C807DADB-34CE-4020-B752-1DEE4706BC2E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 105
Yes, there should be garment hooks! I had the same issue after going to the dry-cleaners!

Paging @hydbob, what’s the secret for transporting dry cleaning. You’ve got a solution to everything!

(Use the handles, and just turn the hooks sideways)
The bigger "miss" for me is the absent grab handle for the front passenger (wife) who needs one to get in and out. Finger prints all over the top of the door frame. :-(

The bigger "miss" for me is the absent grab handle for the front passenger (wife) who needs one to get in and out. Finger prints all over the top of the door frame. :-(
Yeah, I was surprised it wasn’t there, but I get it - there’s not really a great place to put it and have it look clean. That said, I just got used to washing the car more frequently :p

Whaaat?! Oh, no. Not again?!?!?!

One of the biggest disappointments about purchasing our Model S was discovering NO coat hooks. No overhead grab handles or door pockets, or storage areas either. Ours was a relatively early 2017-build Model S, not the earliest version that came out in 2012, but the one after.

I understand some of the deficiencies in cabin amenities were fixed in later Model Ss.

It seems I’m about to make the same mistake a second time - purchasing a premium-priced automobile, missing a KIA-level coat hook.

EDIT: Our Model X purchased a few years later didn’t come with coat hooks either. No overhead grab handles anywhere, and door pockets only for the front seat occupants.

What is it with idiot-genius billionaire engineers and their inability to design car interiors with regular working people in m

Paging @hydbob, what’s the secret for transporting dry cleaning. You’ve got a solution to everything!
Go to Home Depot and buy a couple of "S" hooks and hang them from the rear door grab handles. Can be stored away when not in use. You could even paint them to match the interior!

Back