Wheels and Tires

The New Aero is asking if anyone who has taken delivery can help them determine the center bore, bolt pattern, offset, and rim widths of the Air. If the New Aero wheels are compatible, New Aero will sell a set at a steep discount to a Lucid owner who will agree to photograph the wheels on an Air for advertising purposes.

As Lucid's 19" and 21" tire sizes are identical to those of the outgoing Tesla Model S, and as so many engineers came from Tesla, I wouldn't be surprised to find the wheel fitments are identical between the two cars.

If I already had my Air I'd jump at the offer if the wheels do turn out to fit . . . and if they're not significantly heavier than the Lucid forged wheels. 34.5 pounds is heavy for a forged wheel, even in a 21" size. But, unlike many aftermarket forged wheels which are engineered for lightness, these are engineered also to take the weight of an EV.

The New Aero is asking if anyone who has taken delivery can help them determine the center bore, bolt pattern, offset, and rim widths of the Air. If the New Aero wheels are compatible, New Aero will sell a set at a steep discount to a Lucid owner who will agree to photograph the wheels on an Air for advertising purposes.

As Lucid's 19" and 21" tire sizes are identical to those of the outgoing Tesla Model S, and as so many engineers came from Tesla, I wouldn't be surprised to find the wheel fitments are identical between the two cars.

If I already had my Air I'd jump at the offer if the wheels do turn out to fit . . . and if they're not significantly heavier than the Lucid forged wheels. 34.5 pounds is heavy for a forged wheel, even in a 21" size. But, unlike many aftermarket forged wheels which are engineered for lightness, these are engineered also to take the weight of an EV.
My car arrives for (re) delivery on Tuesday the 16th. I'd be happy to do it because I need to take the wheels off anyway to do a tire swap sometime in the first week. Please give me contact information by DM.

Last edited:
The New Aero was hoping that the owner's manual gives the information they need, so if your owner's manual has it maybe you can get in touch with Alexander at thenewaero.com? He needs:

Center bore
Bolt pattern
Offsets
Front and Rear rim width

The New Aero was hoping that the owner's manual gives the information they need, so if your owner's manual has it maybe you can get in touch with Alexander at thenewaero.com? He needs:

Center bore
Bolt pattern
Offsets
Front and Rear rim width
The owners manual is sparse. Only information about tires.

The owners manual is sparse. Only information about tires.

That's what I feared. The Tesla owner's manual is equally opaque with this information, as were the manuals on other brands we've owned over the years.

Do you think the shop that is swapping your tires has the technical savvy to make these measurements while the tires are off the wheels? Maybe even to weigh the front and rear wheels?

Did find this in the online owners manual from phone app. Will get the other measurements when tires are done. I am confident the person doing it will be able to get them.
IMG_4822.jpeg

Did find this in the online owners manual from phone app. Will get the other measurements when tires are done. I am confident the person doing it will be able to get them.

The lug nut torque for the Air is a bit lower than for the Tesla (150 nm vs. 175 nm), so maybe I'm wrong that all the wheel specs will match between the cars. I really don't have enough technical knowledge to know whether that would follow from lug torquing differences, though.

I sent you what contact information I had for Alexander at The New Aero by PM.

Center bore
Bolt pattern
Offsets
Front and Rear rim width
I've just learned that the Lucid likely has the same bolt pattern as Model S. Details are here (whether to trust, I don't know) https://www.ebay.com/itm/124911184843
@TheNewAero_Alexander if you send me a set of wheels, I would be happy to do a fit test on my Dream Edition with 21" wheels.

1636835820874.png

I wonder what the error was that caused the seller to remove the listing?

If the data in this listing were accurate, it does suggest that Lucid and Tesla wheels would likely be interchangeable. The only missing datum is the center bore. The front and rear offsets would be compatible with the 40 mm offset of the New Aero wheels (as that is probably an average of the offsets between the front and rear wheels, which would probably vary slightly due to the different rim widths).

I've just learned that the Lucid likely has the same bolt pattern as Model S. Details are here (whether to trust, I don't know) https://www.ebay.com/itm/124911184843
@TheNewAero_Alexander if you send me a set of wheels, I would be happy to do a fit test on my Dream Edition with 21" wheels.

View attachment 187
Thank you, that is super interesting. We just need to know the centerbore to be sure. That is probably not even in the manual. As soon as I know this I am interested in sending rims for testing.

Back