What to use over PPF?

scal_air

Referral code - ZQOO2D7O
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Referral Code
ZQOO2D7O
Many of us have chosen PPF for our "Air Babies" but I'm wondering what, if anything, would be good to use over the PPF. Some choices include ceramic, graphene, waxes and nothing at all.

What do you use/recommend? Thx

Many of us have chosen PPF for our "Air Babies" but I'm wondering what, if anything, would be good to use over the PPF. Some choices include ceramic, graphene, waxes and nothing at all.

What do you use/recommend? Thx
I used Prestige Films ClearGuard Alpha and the car has a wet look. No Need for anything else:

Ah

Ah I'm thinking of @Bunnylebowski
I did Adam’s Graphene myself, it was not easy and not perfect. I’ve since needed to have the car PPF redone due to the bumper being replaced (I only had PPF on the front of the car originally) so I went ahead and got 2 step paint correction, paintless dent removal due to a couple door dings, full XPEL Ultimate PPF and OptiCoat ceramic. I told Craft Detailing in Massachusetts to make it look like an Obsidian mirror. They succeeded.

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 72
That's beautiful Bunnylebowski. I have Llumar Platinum full body PPF. I've been told that it has hydrophobic properties and it does clean easily but you know... the enemy of good is better😅.

I'm not anxious to plunk down another $2K for a commercial ceramic coat but I may try a spray on coat. Adam's has a good rep for durability but the difficulty in application is a common complaint. I'm going to try the 303 graphene nano which is reportedly more forgiving to apply. I'll report back after...

The ceramic that is impregnated into PPF is not as good as proper applied ceramic. It doesn’t last as long either.
I can confirm this, my old PPF SunTek had ceramic impregnated, so the front of car was SunTek, rest of the car was the graphene, and the SunTek definitely lost hydrophobic properties before the Graphene which was only supposed to last a year anyway.

Back