Great PPF and Ceramic job done by Visual Detailing - San Diego area

Amster

Verified Owner
Cars
ZR Grand Touring
I got my Lucid back after six days in the shop. I had a full PPF and ceramic coat done. The windows aren't tinted because I wanted to keep them ight, but have UV film. It is beautiful, even after a week of driving it around.
Someone at our San Diego Lucid meetup recommended this place, and I was really happy with it. Eric is wonderful to work with. The original quote for PPF covered all the main body parts. It was supposed to take a week, but we let him keep the car an extra day at his request and he did all the trim pieces as well, at no extra charge. He's so friendly and casual, it's almost like working with a friend rather than a business. I highly recommend his shop. It's a small place in San Marcos.

Attachments

• 20230205_150252.jpg
    20230205_150252.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 237
  • 20230205_150337.jpg
    20230205_150337.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 235
  • 20230205_150329.jpg
    20230205_150329.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 235
Looks gorgeous. Congrats.

Looks fabulous. What were the tint % used for window/back/windshield? did you also tint the roof?

Any feedback on Tintworld, San Marcos? I got a quote from Tintworld in San marcos for front PPF(XPEL ultimate plus) $1700 plus ceramic coating$899 and window tint (xpel prime plus) $650. I am expecting my vehicle in few days.

Looks fabulous. What were the tint % used for window/back/windshield? did you also tint the roof?

Any feedback on Tintworld, San Marcos? I got a quote from Tintworld in San marcos for front PPF(XPEL ultimate plus) $1700 plus ceramic coating$899 and window tint (xpel prime plus) $650. I am expecting my vehicle in few days.
I don't have any PPF but I used Mr. Tint in Escondido with excellent results.

All the glass, windows and roof, was covered with IR ceramic film. The tint looks darker in the sun, but it's pretty close to clear. My goal wasn't to have it darker, I just wanted UV and heat protection.

I agree, I just used Visual Detailing (San Marcos/Escondido) also and had PPF put on the front bumper, ceramic coating on the whole car, and windows tinted (Touring with Zenith Red/Tahoe). Eric (the owner) is top notch and great to work with. He really takes a lot of pride in his work! I dropped it off on a Friday and picked it up on Tuesday.

Attachments

• Lucid 3.jpg
    Lucid 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 118
  • Lucid 2.jpg
    Lucid 2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 119
  • Lucid 1.jpg
    Lucid 1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 116
Did you do the windshield?

I agree, I just used Visual Detailing (San Marcos/Escondido) also and had PPF put on the front bumper, ceramic coating on the whole car, and windows tinted (Touring with Zenith Red/Tahoe). Eric (the owner) is top notch and great to work with. He really takes a lot of pride in his work! I dropped it off on a Friday and picked it up on Tuesday.
Ahh, you had the other red one there. It looks good! Mine is still there, I'm not expecting it back until until next Tuesday. I'm having Eric do more work on it than you had done.
I was originally going to pick it up last Friday morning and drop it off in the afternoon. But I got it Friday night instead, definitely worth the wait, so I dropped it off first thing Monday morning.

I got mine back from on Friday. It's beautiful. We've put 300 miles on it this weekend and never left San Diego county. It makes me happy just to even look at it! It took a little longer than expected. Eric said it was a more complex job than he expected it to be.

Attachments

• Car1.jpg
    Car1.jpg
    956.1 KB · Views: 125
  • car2.jpg
    car2.jpg
    981 KB · Views: 130
  • car3.jpg
    car3.jpg
    1,014.8 KB · Views: 126
I got mine back from on Friday. It's beautiful. We've put 300 miles on it this weekend and never left San Diego county. It makes me happy just to even look at it! It took a little longer than expected. Eric said it was a more complex job than he expected it to be.
Sweet! I like the blacked out parts! Do you have the Tahoe interior also?

Sweet! I like the blacked out parts! Do you have the Tahoe interior also?
Tahoe interior. That's always been my favorite. I had it in the silver one too, but I think it goes better with the red.

Looks great! So happy for you that you are an owner again!

I got my Lucid back after six days in the shop. I had a full PPF and ceramic coat done. The windows aren't tinted because I wanted to keep them ight, but have UV film. It is beautiful, even after a week of driving it around.
Someone at our San Diego Lucid meetup recommended this place, and I was really happy with it. Eric is wonderful to work with. The original quote for PPF covered all the main body parts. It was supposed to take a week, but we let him keep the car an extra day at his request and he did all the trim pieces as well, at no extra charge. He's so friendly and casual, it's almost like working with a friend rather than a business. I highly recommend his shop. It's a small place in San Marcos.
Few Questions:

New SD Lucid owner here, Can you give me details on the San Diego Lucid meet ups?

Also what is the benefit of a PPF and ceramic coat? less dirt and avoids chips?

Few Questions:

New SD Lucid owner here, Can you give me details on the San Diego Lucid meet ups?

Also what is the benefit of a PPF and ceramic coat? less dirt and avoids chips?
For the first question. There are no San Diego meetups planned for the near future. I'm hoping there will be one soon myself. If you want to keep up with local news, join the Discord group that @Bobby created: San Diego owners’ discord: https://discord.gg/gkxRX8t4.

For the second question. PPF film keeps the paint in good condition, a small scratch from a chip will scratch the film rather than your paint. The ceramic coat is basically like having a permanent wax on it. It protects the paint from UV and spotting and makes it really easy to clean. There are different kinds and a wide variety of prices. If you have the glass canopy, you also want to consider a tint on it. I personally don't like tints, but so I did the lightest one available, but it still blocks most of the UV and keeps the car cooler in summer.

Back