What is your lowest SOC?

My lowest is only 80 miles, which is now and it is being charged tonight. My wife had the Leaf at 3 several miles from our house. I drove another car and we swapped. It hit zero on the way up the hill. I was just praying it wouldn’t die there. Made iit home, but was sweating bullets.
I was like i read a similar story somewhere else and then noticed that it was just you

My wife took the Leaf down to 2%. She stopped at a Level 2 charging station near our house and I had to drive the ICE over to swap cars. Wanted to get a short charge there but cars were blocking all the units. Gingerly drove the car home to charge and it hit 0% up the hill to the house. Was worried it was going to stall 50 feet away and out of reach from the 25’ cord, but made it back with nothing to spare.

I was like i read a similar story somewhere else and then noticed that it was just you
🤣 Guess I’ve relayed it before. i forget some of my posts, but the story is true. It did reach 0 miles coming up the 0.7 mile hill and I made it home and close enough to charge. Will never do that again!

My lowest is only 80 miles, which is now and it is being charged tonight. My wife had the Leaf at 3 several miles from our house. I drove another car and we swapped. It hit zero on the way up the hill. I was just praying it wouldn’t die there. Made iit home, but was sweating bullets.
Interesting question...does anyone know if any EVs when showing 0% may actually have a few % more remaining (similar to some ICE vehicles when it comes to gas)? Just curious if you could get like 5-10 more mile depending on conditions because there's a bit of a reserve.

Interesting question...does anyone know if any EVs when showing 0% may actually have a few % more remaining (similar to some ICE vehicles when it comes to gas)? Just curious if you could get like 5-10 more mile depending on conditions because there's a bit of a reserve.
No one dare to try, would you be our vanguard?

I think when Tom did his range test it went to 0 and he still got 5 more miles out of it. It's been a while though

I think when Tom did his range test it went to 0 and he still got 5 more miles out of it. It's been a while though
So along those lines, if you do happen to run out of charge, is it a tow (assuming yes) or do they come out with some awesome generator and add "a couple gallons" to get you on your way? I don't intend to find out myself, but curious.

This company is trying to make roadside charging a thing. Would be nice if tow trucks had something like this to charge up for an hour or so to be able to get the car to the closest charger rather than having to tow.
I wonder how many of those batteries would fit in my trunk and frunk?
;)

Back