What is your lowest SOC?

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
I had to take my Air back from PPF shop, 70 miles drive. With heavy Houston traffic and 96F sun, I cranked up AC and Tidal, I ended up made to EA with this much….. Phew…

CA57A4D7-F70E-41C2-A5A6-6F9DFC105786.jpeg

On the way from Houston to Dallas when outside temp was 26 degrees we got down to 80 miles at the EA charger. That was low enough for me!

PPF shop didn’t charge my car for 2 weeks there, when I left, it was 111 miles left. I managed to get 2.8 mi/kwh with high AC in 6pm of hot 96F Houston weather and rush hours 45 Hwy and I-10.

35 mi coming back from LA 4 days after I got the car.

Ah a man who lives on the edge! I bet you drink milk past the expiration date and cross streets outside the crosswalk as well. Well done sir.
😂😂 actually nailed it! My old Econ professor calls it “risk-lover.”

My wife took the Leaf down to 2%. She stopped at a Level 2 charging station near our house and I had to drive the ICE over to swap cars. Wanted to get a short charge there but cars were blocking all the units. Gingerly drove the car home to charge and it hit 0% up the hill to the house. Was worried it was going to stall 50 feet away and out of reach from the 25’ cord, but made it back with nothing to spare.

@HC_79
Post your money shot here. I believe you just won the all time record! 😂

323A500F-BBB9-4758-85F9-1EBD775DC2DC.jpeg

I did get down to 1 mile but was freaking out too much and didn't take a pic....LOL

I think Lucid or anyone should sell some small fuel cell generator as emergency charging kit. It would be great product like first aid kit, I would definitely pay for that.

I wonder how much is “left in the tank” at zero. Hopefully one of the YouTube channels will test to exhaustion at some point.

When EV is towed, it regenerates electricity while wheels are spinning. I watched a YouTube piece, someone got towed out of National park to closest Tesla Supercharging station, by the time he got there, he got 10%+ of SOC. And he wasn’t towed far, it was like 15 some miles away.

When EV is towed, it regenerates electricity while wheels are spinning. I watched a YouTube piece, someone got towed out of National park to closest Tesla Supercharging station, by the time he got there, he got 10%+ of SOC. And he wasn’t towed far, it was like 15 some miles away.
but EVs are supposed to be towed via a flatbed so the wheels would not be spinning.....

I got down to 4 miles left to go, with red battery indicator, and the DC fast charger was 10 miles away from Dell, WY. I had to go very slow (50 mph) with my emergency flashers going while on the 15 freeway that had a posted speed of 80 mph. Cars and 18 wheelers having to pass me in the rain and my windows fogging up. Did not want to use the defroster due to it using power. Finally made it to an off-ramp and pulled into a motel that I was able to use and extension cord to plug into a 110 outlet in the laundry room. The funny thing was right across the street was a Tesla fast charging station that I couldn’t use. I was able to charge up 10 miles so I could make it to the EA station in Dell. It was a very close call. I left with an estimated range of 288 miles and only had to go 214, I thought I could easily make it. I have been only getting between 60% to 70% of stated range. Unfortunately I did not take a picture of the front panel.

Back