What are the main features you use in the Lucid mobile App?

Remote climate, check charging, and OTA status.

Is it possible to open the app without waking the car up?

Remote climate, check charging, and OTA status.

Is it possible to open the app without waking the car up?
No, but how else would you get the status of the car. Also, all these things are part of the app already...

No, but how else would you get the status of the car. Also, all these things are part of the app already...
Right now I can look at the app for my Jag and see that it has 230 miles of range, there's 20,943 miles on the clock, and that the car is unlocked all while the car is in sleep mode. To me it seems be to a waste of power to wake up the Lucid just to find out some rudimentary info.

Right now I can look at the app for my Jag and see that it has 230 miles of range, there's 20,943 miles on the clock, and that the car is unlocked all while the car is in sleep mode. To me it seems be to a waste of power to wake up the Lucid just to find out some rudimentary info.
That is true and I agree with!

1. unlock / lock doors (car key doesn't work)
2. open frunk / trunk
3. charge status / limit / EA

I use the nav send feature constantly, followed by remote climate, and obviously OTA installs (but usually only when I get a push notification)
How long is everyone’s app taking to wake the car? Mine is 30+ seconds or so from deep sleep, which is obviously annoying when leaving a store and you want to hit the climate in a cold day, etc.

How long is everyone’s app taking to wake the car? Mine is 30+ seconds or so from deep sleep, which is obviously annoying when leaving a store and you want to hit the climate in a cold day, etc.
About 30 seconds; wake the car a few minutes before leaving the store, the car will be warmer when you get in it and you won't be annoyed by the 30 second wait.

About 30 seconds; wake the car a few minutes before leaving the store, the car will be warmer when you get in it and you won't be annoyed by the 30 second wait.
Ha, thanks….. The larger point is they figured out how to make the screen wake instantly upon entry on V2, I imagine they can do so as well when accessing the app (my Tesla wakes instantly). If you’re going to quiet all the haters, have more drivers raving about the experience, and in turn sell more cars, these details matter IMO.

Ha, thanks….. The larger point is they figured out how to make the screen wake instantly upon entry on V2, I imagine they can do so as well when accessing the app (my Tesla wakes instantly). If you’re going to quiet all the haters, have more drivers raving about the experience, and in turn sell more cars, these details matter IMO.
Many moons ago I tested between the two apps, and the Lucid took 32 seconds to wake after the night, Tesla took 26 seconds to wake from overnight. It's not that much of a difference, but I agree if they can make it faster they should.

Many moons ago I tested between the two apps, and the Lucid took 32 seconds to wake after the night, Tesla took 26 seconds to wake from overnight. It's not that much of a difference, but I agree if they can make it faster they should.
That’s interesting to hear. My tesla is a couple seconds now. I’m sure they will improve the Lucid, but knowing they “actively monitor” these board I think it betters the brand to discuss in these early days.

That’s interesting to hear. My tesla is a couple seconds now. I’m sure they will improve the Lucid, but knowing they “actively monitor” these board I think it betters the brand to discuss in these early days.
Yeah, my Tesla takes up to two minutes sometimes. Other times I just give up on it. I think it has a lot to do with your connectivity. My garage gets pretty terrible cell reception. And I can’t connect the car to the garage WiFi, because Tesla still refuses to allow connection to a captive portal.

2 seconds is impressive, maybe on the same WiFi network?

I just check our other Polestar 2, it takes about 20 seconds.

when I open the app, and try to enter an address in the map section it just spins the whole time until I force close it...obviously a bug, but wanted to put it in here to see if anyone else if having that same issue and maybe bubble it up

when I open the app, and try to enter an address in the map section it just spins the whole time until I force close it...obviously a bug, but wanted to put it in here to see if anyone else if having that same issue and maybe bubble it up
I've noticed that several people have experienced this. Hopefully each person has reported it via Lucid's customer care communication form in addition to noting it here.

You can search places and address in google maps. Then tap share to your Lucid.

And I can’t connect the car to the garage WiFi, because Tesla still refuses to allow connection to a captive portal.
There are instructions online on how to connect to a captive portal - applicable to Tesla and Lucid. Basically, you need a device that can change its MAC address to that of the car. Then you connect with that device, change its address back and then connect with the car. This assumes the portal will just let you connect again without bringing up a web page.

There are instructions online on how to connect to a captive portal - applicable to Tesla and Lucid. Basically, you need a device that can change its MAC address to that of the car. Then you connect with that device, change its address back and then connect with the car. This assumes the portal will just let you connect again without bringing up a web page.
And therein lies the problem. The portal bounces all devices after a period of 4 hours. So unless I want to use a laptop to spoof my MAC address several times a day, this is a no-go.

The Lucid, by the way, doesn't seem to have any trouble bypassing the portal. Connects right up.

Back