Walmart Opening it own charging network

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
It looks like Walmart is getting more serious about its own network. 2030 is a long way off so I am not sure how quick this will happen.

Does this mean they will kick EA out, or just rebrand their chargers? 🤣 smart move though, get EA to build infrastructure in their shopping centers then buy them out.

Last edited:
I am not sure if the intent is to kick EA out or not:

"This would be in addition to the almost 1,300 EV fast-charging stations we already have available at more than 280 U.S. facilities."

Most likely EA has leases that will eventually expire.

All of the suffering and complaining about infrastructure and public charging issues will eventually disappear. I’ve been saying for years that we just need to have a little bit more patience.

It looks like Walmart is getting more serious about its own network. 2030 is a long way off so I am not sure how quick this will happen.

Their chargers looked an awful lot like EA chargers, maybe they'll just continue their relationship.

EA is selling their equipments to others and to have service contracts to maintain them. Unlike Tesla has cars to sell to subsidize SCN, other brands can only grow organically. EA is selling equipments also means they can make serious money and expand faster and maintain with good margin.

Tesla naturally prioritizing maintaining stations because SCN is Tesla’s blood line to range anxiety to convert ICE owners. Without that SCN narrative, they will lose a lot of sales.

Instead of calling Electrify America, they are called “Electrify Commercials”. All these business entities will pay and build them instead of finite VW Diesel Gate fund.

Back