• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Rivian Adventure Network is opening to public all CCS

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA

Another good news! Rivian is in process of building 600 stations with 3500 DC Fast Charging stalls nationwide by the end of 2024. So far Rivian has just started and deployed 30 stations.

Currently, Rivian’s charging network, the Rivian Adventure Network, is estimated to have added 72 charging units at 12 new stations in the first quarter of this year, surpassing the Electrify America network but lagging behind Tesla, EVgo, ChargePoint, and EV Connect.

However, according to Loren McDonald, CEO of EVAdoption, Rivian’s charging network could potentially become the fifth-largest in the US, trailing behind Tesla, Electrify America, EVgo, and ChargePoint.

Rivian Unveils New Charger Design, Opens Adventure Network To Other EVs - In a press release, Rivian announced plans to make the RAN accessible to all compatible EVs through the new charger design. These chargers will cater to a broader range of vehicles by featuring compatibility with both 400-volt and 800-volt battery packs, utilizing CCS connectors, and offering support for the North American Charging Standard (NACS).

Rivian Unveils New Charger Design, Opens Adventure Network To Other EVs - In a press release, Rivian announced plans to make the RAN accessible to all compatible EVs through the new charger design. These chargers will cater to a broader range of vehicles by featuring compatibility with both 400-volt and 800-volt battery packs, utilizing CCS connectors, and offering support for the North American Charging Standard (NACS).

In my own experience with The Rivian Adventure Network, it is the most consistent CCS network. Even Tesla SuperCharger Station with MagicDock had some stalls charging issue for me.

In my own experience with The Rivian Adventure Network, it is the most consistent CCS network. Even Tesla SuperCharger Station with MagicDock had some stalls charging issue for me.
I wonder if this is simply because they get less use/abuse? That is, when more cars are using them, I wonder if it will remain that way? I hope so!

I wonder if this is simply because they get less use/abuse? That is, when more cars are using them, I wonder if it will remain that way? I hope so!

In my experience with Las Vegas only 1 RAN station, I’ve charged there several times and always saw 3~5 Rivian being charged there. And there Level-2 free dispensers are always used by other brands. I can tell you how often I got frustrated with ChargePoint Level-2 in many places. But don’t see complaints.
4EEA9C6E-DB04-406B-AF91-156CEFF9900F.jpeg

In my experience with Las Vegas only 1 RAN station, I’ve charged there several times and always saw 3~5 Rivian being charged there. And there Level-2 free dispensers are always used by other brands. I can tell you how often I got frustrated with ChargePoint Level-2 in many places. But don’t see complaints.View attachment 20281
That's fantastic! I'm not saying it's going to get bad. I'm hopeful it doesn't!

Was just curious

Does anyone think Lucid will offer a charging
Network assuming great sales volume in yea to come?

I think they should not. The volumes of Lucid will not justify that expense. What they can do is perhaps install real 350kW DCFC at their service centers and studios and offices. Use them only for loaner and service and allow only Lucids to charge with Lucid App and the price is what they have to charge to avoid any loss.

I think they should not. The volumes of Lucid will not justify that expense. What they can do is perhaps install real 350kW DCFC at their service centers and studios and offices. Use them only for loaner and service and allow only Lucids to charge with Lucid App and the price is what they have to charge to avoid any loss

Like it
Great idea

I think they should not. The volumes of Lucid will not justify that expense. What they can do is perhaps install real 350kW DCFC at their service centers and studios and offices. Use them only for loaner and service and allow only Lucids to charge with Lucid App and the price is what they have to charge to avoid any loss.
There are not many Lucid studio / service centers, but putting a DCFC charger at those sites for Lucids at the cost of electricity would be a wonderful addition to fast charging and be a benefit to the owners.

Actually, this will be a good opportunity for few vehicle manufacturers to come together and hire the supercharger team fired by Tesla and set up their own network with CCS. This need not be Lucid. Who wants to be at the whims and fancy of someone as unpredictable and annoying as Musk….

This could also be delaying tactics by Musk, slow down the use of NACS by other manufacturers so they won’t be competitive. Wouldn’t put this behavior past him.

Back