visualization of surrounding vehicles in lucid interface?

kirpal

Verified Owner
Cars
lucid AT
Tesla has a feature where you can see cars/other vehicles behind/ahead/next to your car as your car is moving. My understanding is that since Touring and pure models dont have 360 surround view and hence wont have this feature while this feature is available only in GT or DE models. if this is true, it kind of sucks to by a touring model that is almost 100K and you dont have this feature.

My understanding was that this was a function of Dream Drive Pro. I could be wrong, though.

360 surround view is just to see directly around your car while parking, etc. It doesn't run when driving.

When using ACC, it'll show you a car on the display when you're driving behind one.

Tesla has a feature where you can see cars/other vehicles behind/ahead/next to your car as your car is moving. My understanding is that since Touring and pure models dont have 360 surround view and hence wont have this feature while this feature is available only in GT or DE models. if this is true, it kind of sucks to by a touring model that is almost 100K and you dont have this feature.
You mean “video game mode”? I find it the least useful and most annoying part of the Tesla user interface. Especially since I can’t make it go away, and it takes up half my screen. To each their own.

Dream Drive Pro is available on the Touring and Pure. You just have to pay extra for it. I don’t believe it has anything quite like the full display of all the other cars around you. At least not the level of detail Tesla does. But maybe something like that will come later?

360 surround view is just to see directly around your car while parking, etc. It doesn't run when driving.

When using ACC, it'll show you a car on the display when you're driving behind one.

Apologies for not being clear; yes you are right- 360 does not run when driving. i was referring to the silhouettes of vehicles during regular driving to let you know what vehicles are around you. My wife who would drive this car for the most part, would find that feature really helpful (i do too as well). I can see 'joec' point of view above that it can be annoying to some.
It looks like ACC feature has to be engaged for this feature to work which is not all the time. ACC feature is available with standard dreamdrive option. Lucid should make 360 surround view as part of the standard dreamdrive and kept all other FSD capabilities for the DDP which i dont care and dont want to pay additional dollars. 360 surround view is available in other cars that are far cheaper (such as ioniq 2022)

Apologies for not being clear; yes you are right- 360 does not run when driving. i was referring to the silhouettes of vehicles during regular driving to let you know what vehicles are around you. My wife who would drive this car for the most part, would find that feature really helpful (i do too as well). I can see 'joec' point of view above that it can be annoying to some.
It looks like ACC feature has to be engaged for this feature to work which is not all the time. ACC feature is available with standard dreamdrive option. Lucid should make 360 surround view as part of the standard dreamdrive and kept all other FSD capabilities for the DDP which i dont care and dont want to pay additional dollars. 360 surround view is available in other cars that are far cheaper (such as ioniq 2022)
360 requires more cameras, I believe, which may not be present on cars without Dream Drive Pro installed? It's more than a software upgrade, in other words. There's extra hardware involved with Dream Drive Pro. The Air has more cameras than Teslas have. Which is probably why Tesla doesn't have a 360 view at all.

And Lucid's 360 is much better than any other implementation I've seen. It truly let's you see any and all angles with incredible accuracy. I agree, it would be nice if they could do a slightly less involved version on non pro cars, perhaps using fewer cameras. Other manufacturers have done 360 with fewer cameras, for sure. They just distort the angles they can't produce accurately. Maybe Lucid will consider that in the future.

Back