Vehicle Location Reset?

Buffalo Bob

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Pure AWD 19" No Aeros
Referral Code
MAXED
For some reason, my car shows on the Lucid app as being a few miles north of where it actually is. It shows as being in a place where I have not been, as I just recently returned to AZ, and it really seems to be *exactly* north. Interestingly, there is a little yellowish dot in the place where the car really is, which is also my set 'home' location. Perhaps the app has always deliberately showed that 'home' dot, but I just never noticed it with the car icon on top. Does anyone know if there is a GPS reset process? BTW, I am not on the latest OTA release, so it's not that. Thanks!

1726064188936.webp

For some reason, my car shows on the Lucid app as being a few miles north of where it actually is. It shows as being in a place where I have not been, as I just recently returned to AZ, and it really seems to be *exactly* north. Interestingly, there is a little yellowish dot in the place where the car really is, which is also my set 'home' location. Perhaps the app has always deliberately showed that 'home' dot, but I just never noticed it with the car icon on top. Does anyone know if there is a GPS reset process? BTW, I am not on the latest OTA release, so it's not that. Thanks!

View attachment 23202
The yellow dot is just your phone GPS; aka where you are. Always been there. Helpful for walking to the car.

Your car’s GPS seems broken. Try a reset, otherwise call service.

The yellow dot is just your phone GPS; aka where you are. Always been there. Helpful for walking to the car.

Your car’s GPS seems broken. Try a reset, otherwise call service.
Thanks, @borski! You know... a logo reset didn't even occur to me. I must be getting senile! I'll try that tomorrow when I'll be taking the car up where there is a GPS signal.

Back