Valet parking Lucid Air Touring

You actually need to set the app to be locked in the foreground. Open the Lucid app, then go to the recent apps button, and click on the Lucid Logo and select lock.
Thanks for trying to help me, @hydbob! I have a Pixel 7 running Android 14, and while 'recent apps' shows as an available subset of the Apps tab, actually opening Apps shows no 'recent apps' subtab. If I swipe up from the bottom of the home screen, Lucid shows under the recent apps section at the top, but pressing and holding the Lucid icon does not give a 'lock' option. When I search settings, 'lock' or 'lock in foreground' does not appear as an option.

Thanks for trying to help me, @hydbob! I have a Pixel 7 running Android 14, and while 'recent apps' shows as an available subset of the Apps tab, actually opening Apps shows no 'recent apps' subtab. If I swipe up from the bottom of the home screen, Lucid shows under the recent apps section at the top, but pressing and holding the Lucid icon does not give a 'lock' option. When I search settings, 'lock' or 'lock in foreground' does not appear as an option.
Oh the Pixel...yea I have NFI about how to do that on Pixel, maybe @MorganB ?

Oh the Pixel...yea I have NFI about how to do that on Pixel, maybe @MorganB ?
It really does seem to run pretty well with all of the permissions turned on, and the app approved to run in the background. I'm guessing that may be the Pixel's equivalent of what other phones call foreground. Anyway, I can live with it the way it is. Thanks again, @hydbob!!

If you do, take the fob. Some people have suggested to hide the fob somewhere in the car with the battery out. That way if you get to a valet and you have forgotten it, you are good. I would never do that, though!
Why not keep a key fob (inactive) in the car?

It asks for the PIN when the battery is low in the key fob.
I just changed my Panasonic battery in fob 2 days ago and the enter pin has popped back up. I had this issue about a month ago and then it went away and now it’s come back usually happens when the driver side door or rear passenger doors are opened.

The fob should absolutely work without the PIN. If it doesn’t, you should talk to service and ensure it is registered to your car.

The only exception is if it’s in the cup holder, which is a known dead zone. (Not ideal, I know)
Are we sure about the cup holder being a dead zone? If I don't have pockets or my kids grab the fob to get to the car first, that is where the key sits. It has never not worked for me there.

Are we sure about the cup holder being a dead zone? If I don't have pockets or my kids grab the fob to get to the car first, that is where the key sits. It has never not worked for me there.
Yes, I am certain it is a dead zone.

It may work fine there if your battery is perfect, but if it ever stops working there, just move it and you’ll find it works again. :)

That said, if it works for you, spectacular!

I keep my fob in the car in a Faraday pouch so I have it for valets. I also take a pix of my screen showing the mileage before I hand the car over.
Great minds think alike - that's what I do too😉. It piqued my interest when Bobby said he would never do that but I think I misunderstood his meaning.

Does the credit card looking key thing not just let valets drive it at a restricted speed?
You can use the card, but you have to explain exactly how to use it (hold it to the area where a dome light would be for at least 5 seconds), or give them the pin.

You can use the card, but you have to explain exactly how to use it (hold it to the area where a dome light would be for at least 5 seconds), or give them the pin.
Not worth it, especially if there is a change of personnel while your car is parked. Just give them the key fob. It’s not that big a deal. It’s what they expect from pretty much every car on the lot. It’s really the only practical usage for the key fob, in my opinion.

I have a 2023 Air Touring and took it into New York City for the first time today. I backed the key fob to the attendant in the parking garage and he could not drive without the pin. I use my mobile phone as my normal key.

My assumption was that just by having the fob he could park the car. Do I need to create a setting or did I need to click the fob before giving it to the attendant?

I’ve seen comments about the card but not the fob for valet parking.

Thanks in advance.
Your fob battery is shot. This happened to me last weekend on a Lucid loaner car. They had to remotely open the door and I had to key in the PIN. It has happened to me before in my own car.

We change the battery every two months or so.

I love the car. But this fob—and the overall idea of the fob constantly being in contact with the car to know who is approaching or fading away—is one of the worst piece of innovations I have seen. One could go on.

I can tell you that, at least in my home, three members will NEVER agree to buying this car (or any other car with this innovation) because of the simple fact that you cannot safely predict that a driver carrying this fob will be able to get in the car or be able to drive.

A sure way to scare people away.

Your fob battery is shot. This happened to me last weekend on a Lucid loaner car. They had to remotely open the door and I had to key in the PIN. It has happened to me before in my own car.

We change the battery every two months or so.

I love the car. But this fob—and the overall idea of the fob constantly being in contact with the car to know who is approaching or fading away—is one of the worst piece of innovations I have seen. One could go on.

I can tell you that, at least in my home, three members will NEVER agree to buying this car (or any other car with this innovation) because of the simple fact that you cannot safely predict that a driver carrying this fob will be able to get in the car or be able to drive.

A sure way to scare people away.
Yes, I hate the fob.

Mobile key is flawless for me though, so that’s all I use.

And because I never use the fob, it’s trivial for me to test and/or replace the battery if I know I’m going to valet it somewhere.

Back