User Manual

And in the "I wish I'd known this ahead of time" category- the towing instructions in the printed manual are incorrect. They refer to a 'tow setting' from the setting menu, and that doesn't exist anymore. The online version is correct ('put the car in neutral') but if you're me, you spent way too much of your time looking in the manual in the glove compartment and not enough time on the online version.
Yeah, this is exactly why they prefer non-paper manuals. They have to have one by law, but electronic manuals can be updated and paper manuals can’t.

Oh Lordy! I have to reread the manual again to catch up with all of the changes? Ugh!
Search the above pdf for reset. You will not find what you are looking for when your display freezes.

I looked at the manual and I have a question. When the car is moving it can be very dangerous if we are able to open the Frunk or the Trunk. Are they supposed to automatically stay closed unless the car is parked?

I looked at the manual and I have a question. When the car is moving it can be very dangerous if we are able to open the Frunk or the Trunk. Are they supposed to automatically stay closed unless the car is parked?
Yep

So even if the pilot panel is used to open or app is used to ooen the frunk or trunk when stopped at a traffic light in drive hold will it prevent the opening?

So even if the pilot panel is used to open or app is used to ooen the frunk or trunk when stopped at a traffic light in drive hold will it prevent the opening?
That I think is unfortunately still possible. I think. The buttons Grey out when the car is in motion, but if you are not moving and in drive or reverse, I thunk they can be opened. Will need to test it out.

That I think is unfortunately still possible. I think. The buttons Grey out when the car is in motion, but if you are not moving and in drive or reverse, I thunk they can be opened. Will need to test it out.
Oh boy!

I can confirm that if you are stopped but in Drive or Reverse, the frunk and trunk can open. If you are moving they will not open. I would like Lucid to make it so that you have to be in park to open them.

I can confirm that if you are stopped but in Drive or Reverse, the frunk and trunk can open. If you are moving they will not open. I would like Lucid to make it so that you have to be in park to open them.
Completely agree this should change. However, it is worth pointing out that most cars throughout history will gladly let you open the trunk or bonnet while cruising down the highway at 80 mph. So it’s certainly not a Lucid-specific issue.

Lucid is, however, in the position to fix this longstanding problem with automobiles in general through the magic of software. So I hope they do soon.

I think their rationale here was that some people might be dropping off or picking up a passenger, say, and not understand why they can’t open the frunk or trunk without shifting into park first. But I think the chances of accidental opening outweigh the laziness or confusion of people carting others around town.

This happened to me at a major intersection while waiting for the red light to change. Luckily, I managed to close the frunk just in time for green light.
I posted this in another thread when it occurred.

That is definitely an accident waiting to happen

I think Toyota Sienna will not allow sliding doors to open unless in park. Same with the rear door. I will check.

That is definitely an accident waiting to happen
in most cars, you can definitely pull the trunk or hood manual latch while the car is in motion. What makes this different?

(And I agree they should fix it, but only because they have the capability to)

I think Toyota Sienna will not allow sliding doors to open unless in park. Same with the rear door. I will check.
I haven’t driven my dad’s sienna in years lol, but I think that’s only if the “child lock” setting is enabled. Could be wrong tho!

in most cars, you can definitely pull the trunk or hood manual latch while the car is in motion. What makes this different?

(And I agree they should fix it, but only because they have the capability to)
What makes it different is it is not easy to accidentally pull a lever to open the trunk or the hood but very easy for an smartphone or touch screen to be touched accidentally in the wrong place while driving. Like butt dialing?

What makes it different is it is not easy to accidentally pull a lever to open the trunk or the hood but very easy for an smartphone or touch screen to be touched accidentally in the wrong place while driving. Like butt dialing?
Not while driving (since it’s disabled), but while stopped. Point taken.

My Touring came with a small book instruction manual that mainly contained only safety warnings and features. To actually operate the car I had to download and print out 50+ pages, which don't fit neatly in the glove box. I know the manual is available electronically in the car or on my phone, but sometimes hard copy just works better. For the cost of this car Lucid could even supply an iPad Mini loaded with the manual, which then could be updated regularly. (If you're trying to read the manual from the Pilot Panel then you can't easily go through the screens on the panel.)
Similarly, my electrician just installed my Grizzl-e smart charger. We flipped the breaker and alternating red/blue LEDs began flashing. In my book anything flashing red means a problem. No manual came with the Grizzl-e and I had to do a bit of on-line searching to find one. After emailing the electrician that there might be a problem, I learned that the alternating red/blue lights indicate normal function, "waiting to charge." (I still can't get the Grizzl-e to properly connect to the internet even though it acknowledges my WiFi signal. It logs on then crashes.) If Grizzl has simply supplied a manual it would have saved some grief. I'm all for saving trees, but a few concise pages of basic operation would have been nice.

Back