Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Last edited:
Can you also post the manuals for Touring and Pure?
At present, I don't believe the Pure and Touring get their own version of the manual. It's all covered in the one PDF, and they simply say things like "If your car is equipped with X, then…"

I'm looking forward to seeing a new link for the updated manual, as this one is slightly dated and has a number of typo's. As far as I know (not yet being an owner), this link is found only from the Lucid app, not on the Lucid Motors site, is that correct?

I guess having a single manual makes sense with so many features in common. In any case, once the Apple carplay and Android Auto arrive and more DDp features are added, the manual has to change.

I guess having a single manual makes sense with so many features in common. In any case, once the Apple carplay and Android Auto arrive and more DDp features are added, the manual has to change.
Yes. The electronic version of the manual in the car gets updated as the software gets updated, I believe. Not sure if that gets updated in any public URL that I have seen, though.

When in doubt, look it up in the car's manual.

Sadly, based on many of the questions I see in this forum, most people don't bother to read the Owner's Guide and instead depend on being able to ask people here.

Yes. The electronic version of the manual in the car gets updated as the software gets updated, I believe. Not sure if that gets updated in any public URL that I have seen, though.

When in doubt, look it up in the car's manual.
Is the car's manual in the App? I installed the App but unless I have delivery of my car and link it to the App it makes sense that my App does nothing.

Sadly, based on many of the questions I see in this forum, most people don't bother to read the Owner's Guide and instead depend on being able to ask people here.
I think the problem is that these days with so much software, the cars have become like computers instead of fixed buttons to do everything and UI changes are hard to keep track of for a lot of people other than the techies like me and some of us here. I too find it a pain when UI changes.

Is the car's manual in the App? I installed the App but unless I have delivery of my car and link it to the App it makes sense that my App does nothing.
I'm in the same boat as you. Hoping to get my car this week. I do not believe the App has the manual in it. Only the car itself, which is great, but not the best place for reading.

Another thing to put on my list of stuff to ask Lucid via customer support once I get my car. I think that would be incredibly valuable to have in your pocket.

Yep right here
Screenshot_20221212_092323_Lucid.jpg

There's actually 4 places for a manual.
1) hardcopy
2) phone app
3) car pilot panel
4) lucidmotors website under your account

There's actually 4 places for a manual.
1) hardcopy
2) phone app
3) car pilot panel
4) lucidmotors website under your account
The hard copy is an abridged version of the manual, fwiw, to keep it thinner - it contains the important emergency info (how to tow, etc) but not all of the infotainment and ADAS info, etc.

@HariK the “single manual” approach is what nearly all auto manufacturers use these days when a car comes in multiple trims.

I can always install the app on my tablet or chromebook if I want a bigger display offline or if a passenger in the car can look up something while driving. Common manual is also used for appliances for a while now and it does reduce the work of maintaining. I rarely use hardcopy myself. All my appliance manuals on my google drive are shared with family members. In the case of software updates, hardcopy makes very little sense. I just installed the Lucid App on my Samsung chromebook. I can do the same on my Samsung tablet. I hope I can activate the app on multiple devices.

I can always install the app on my tablet or chromebook if I want a bigger display offline or if a passenger in the car can look up something while driving. Common manual is also used for appliances for a while now and it does reduce the work of maintaining. I rarely use hardcopy myself. All my appliance manuals on my google drive are shared with family members. In the case of software updates, hardcopy makes very little sense. I just installed the Lucid App on my Samsung chromebook. I can do the same on my Samsung tablet. I hope I can activate the app on multiple devices.
I have a manual downloaded for offline viewing 😁

Most car companies do that. For example, BMW gives a single manual for all 5 series whether a PHEV (530e) or an 8 cylinder (550i). Car companies all do the same "if equipped" thing.

Nice to be able to <ctrl-F> search the pdf user manual. Wish the app's manual had a search capability.

And in the "I wish I'd known this ahead of time" category- the towing instructions in the printed manual are incorrect. They refer to a 'tow setting' from the setting menu, and that doesn't exist anymore. The online version is correct ('put the car in neutral') but if you're me, you spent way too much of your time looking in the manual in the glove compartment and not enough time on the online version.

Back