USAA Lucid Experience

FYI, my wife's family has had USAA insurance forever... Despite their stellarreputation, our experience with recent claims processing was not very good... My step daughter's car was badly vandalized and there was not much in doubt... USAA took forever to get the claim handled... Actually more than 5 weeks. Their adjuster was never available, and every call to their office resulted in 35-50 minutes of hold-time in the phone queue before we could speak with anybody. They finally totaled the car but it was very slow, and the process was quite frustrating. They seem understaffed and inefficient.

I used to have USAA too. Had them for 35+ years & the pricing was competitive & the service was excellent on the few occasions I made a claim. However, I had a claim not too long ago on my Touring where their estimate of the damage was 20% of what the repair shop was looking for. That claim is still pending, but their intransigence, combined with their jacking my premium 25% led me to change carriers. BTW. the increase in premium was made before I made this claim. I have Amica now with the same coverage for less than what I was paying USAA pre-claim. So it was a no-brainer to make the switch.

I have been with USAA for almost 53 years. Never had any bad experience with them and the service response on line has always been very quick and fully supportive. I have all my insurance needs covered with USAA. I am sorry to read about your experiences and find it totally out of sync with mine. That said, I have not had any accident or home claim in the last 15 years. Whenever I call for information or to make changes in my coverages, it is always quick and simple.
Wait until you have to file a claim. Pre-claim, the experience is great. Post-claim, the experience will be similar to Rogue - delays and inability to reach the insurance adjuster. I've been with USAA for over 40 years. I'm looking for other insurance and am considering moving my banking as well.

Wait until you have to file a claim. Pre-claim, the experience is great. Post-claim, the experience will be similar to Rogue - delays and inability to reach the insurance adjuster. I've been with USAA for over 40 years. I'm looking for other insurance and am considering moving my banking as well.
I have to agree. I don’t use USAA, but the person who hit me earlier this year did. They were nice enough on the phone, when I could reach them. But then they stiffed me for over $1k in rental fees they promised would be covered. Still fighting with them over this, though now they are just ghosting me. So I had to file a complaint with the state’s department of insurance.

I wouldn’t use them or let anyone I like use them for anything at this point.

I have to agree. I don’t use USAA, but the person who hit me earlier this year did. They were nice enough on the phone, when I could reach them. But then they stiffed me for over $1k in rental fees they promised would be covered. Still fighting with them over this, though now they are just ghosting me. So I had to file a complaint with the state’s department of insurance.

I wouldn’t use them or let anyone I like use them for anything at this point.
I've never banked with them (use NFCU) but had a perfect, smooth, fast experience with them pre, during, and post claim on our Lucid getting front panel and mirror replaced. I don't know why a non-member would expect the same level of service as a member, but that's a whole other data point. I had at various points All State, State Farm, and some no name local place from age like 16-24 via my parents.

In my 30s, as part of this community, it's difficult to imagine any of those other firms treating me with the level of respect and speed and kindness they do.

I'm with Saratoga. As a forum that has at times had weird brigading of the vehicle/company we've hitched ourselves to, I feel obligated to make sure the more common experience, which is absolutely incredible, is also represented.

Trying to decide if we are making the move with 5 autos on State Farm policy or switching to USAA

I've never banked with them (use NFCU) but had a perfect, smooth, fast experience with them pre, during, and post claim on our Lucid getting front panel and mirror replaced. I don't know why a non-member would expect the same level of service as a member, but that's a whole other data point. I had at various points All State, State Farm, and some no name local place from age like 16-24 via my parents.

In my 30s, as part of this community, it's difficult to imagine any of those other firms treating me with the level of respect and speed and kindness they do.

I'm with Saratoga. As a forum that has at times had weird brigading of the vehicle/company we've hitched ourselves to, I feel obligated to make sure the more common experience, which is absolutely incredible, is also represented.
You would expect as a non-member to be stiffed for $1,000 and then ghosted?

Okay.

Back