Upgraded driver seat

jeff

Cars
Lucid air BMW, Audi Q7
Since the latest version of Touring comes with the upgraded seats (massage and adjustable head rest etc) and I paid about $10k more then current price can I purchase a replacement seat at least for the driver? Perhaps as an “award” for being an early supporter of the brand?

Since the latest version of Touring comes with the upgraded seats (massage and adjustable head rest etc) and I paid about $10k more then current price can I purchase a replacement seat at least for the driver? Perhaps as an “award” for being an early supporter of the brand?
I asked the same question of my service advisor and the short answer was "Not at this time.."..if I can pay to upgrade my seats to massaging..id do it in a heartbeat

If you were complaining about V2H or Dream Drive Pro, I'd agree. With the seats early adopters knew what they were getting when they finalized their order. If Lucid decides to offer a green paint in 2025 should they offer to paint previously delivered vehicles.

If the seats were that important you could have changed your order.

It's such a shame that early adopters got the shaft in pricing AND features.
I don’t think I’d agree with you that us early adopters got the shaft on those things. I believed the car to be worth the price I paid at the time I purchased it for. I also knew what features were included on which trim level and chose accordingly. Glass roof, massage seats, higher HP, and most importantly delivery date timeline were on my priority list…so GT it was :) Zero regrets.

I don’t think I’d agree with you that us early adopters got the shaft on those things. I believed the car to be worth the price I paid at the time I purchased it for. I also knew what features were included on which trim level and chose accordingly. Glass roof, massage seats, higher HP, and most importantly delivery date timeline were on my priority list…so GT it was :) Zero regrets.
Question.. did you pay the original 139k figure or the post-increase 154k figure?

That's just a weird way to look at things. Prices change all the time, up and down. Car features change almost every year too. If you bought a 2023 Prius, but now you wanted features that were standard in the 2024, would you expect Toyota to upgrade your vehicle because you liked the new one better? Why would any car manufacturer do that?

Last edited:
I am not suggesting a free upgrade. Only the opportunity to purchase the upgraded seat. I’d feel the same way if lucid had to upgrade the computer in order to actually make DDP fully functional. At least offer it to early adopters for a price

I asked the same question of my service advisor and the short answer was "Not at this time.."..if I can pay to upgrade my seats to massaging..id do it in a heartbeat
I asked the same question 2 months ago and was told that it was not practical to do because the car would require a wiring harness change to address the seat change. As a result, Lucid will not offer this upgrade/replacement through its service centers. I too was very disappointed by this news.

I asked the same question 2 months ago and was told that it was not practical to do because the car would require a wiring harness change to address the seat change. As a result, Lucid will not offer this upgrade/replacement through its service centers. I too was very disappointed by this news.
Bummer....I assume this is a long snaking harness that requires a whole bunch of labor...so its difficult and its not impossible then?...and if I were willing to pay for whatever that labor would be...I would hope they'd do it for us. I totally get they have other priorities right now but hopefully down the road, they allow us to make this modification. I also cannot help but notice our very very first world problems here ...ha!

I’d be curious what manufacturer would retrofit something like massaging seats in a lower trim model that’s standard on a higher end model that had it? Any? None that I know of. Although I actually prefer the softness of the PurLuxe seats to the leather, I would never expect Lucid to swap out my PurLuxe for leather, even if I paid for it.

I’d be curious what manufacturer would retrofit something like massaging seats in a lower trim model that’s standard on a higher end model that had it? Any? None that I know of. Although I actually prefer the softness of the PurLuxe seats to the leather, I would never expect Lucid to swap out my PurLuxe for leather, even if I paid for it.
Fair point..

I had hoped that like some companies the wire harness is the same for all the models but only those options you ordered are plugged in. That reduces the inventory of different sku configurations thus lowering the costs

Back