update .35

Cosmo Cruz

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cars
2022 Air GT: Cos/Cruz
DE Number
Planned to drive to Meeting and saw new update available (was on .33). It was a brief 2 min. Then another update light right after...also quick. Version **.35

About 4 miles from home near a red light, as I slowed/braked the car bucked, stopped hard, and went full alarm brake red dash /with turtle. Wouldn't move. I'm in the way in an awkward place and wouldn't you know, a Tesla pulls up behind me and said: "beautiful car!" as the hazard lights flashed and we stood in the rain waving people around.

Called assistance but could not understand a word because of heavy distortion in the speaker combined with the accent made it impossible.

Convinced wife to abandon car so I could do the turn signal reset (thank you guys for this website !). It worked.

We decided it was not the time to get on the SureKill expressway and drive into old city but I was able to convince the wife that all the guys here say this stuff happens and you do a reset and you're fine. We were two miles from the EA charger at the Plymouth Meeting mall (closer than home) with it's huge empty parking lot (nobody goes there) so I said let's go there so a tow truck can easily maneuver and think about what to do next. We also decided we had no place to tow the car besides home. The wife was willing to try. Two miles later it happened again in the middle of the road, fortunately not a busy one. I was on the road but with enough momentum to coast into the parking lot. Did the turn signal reset again and it worked.

As I was backing out from the EA charger it happened twice more. Total of 4 catastrophic failures in 2 miles. All brake system failures.
Did the turn signal reset each time and it worked. No problems the few miles to home.

So now instead of watching Portugal v Morocco I'm going to drive around the block and see if I can make it happen again. How do you know when a reset permanently fixes an issue?

Note to self: don't download an update on the braking system and then immediately get on the Schuylkill Expressway.

My wife wants everyone to know that she was very calm and accepting and helpful. She won't forget how many points she earned.

Last edited:
Planned to drive to Meeting and saw new update available (was on .33). It was a brief 2 min. Then another update light right after...also quick. Version **.35

About 4 miles from home near a red light, as I slowed/braked the car bucked, stopped hard, and went full alarm brake red dash /with turtle. Wouldn't move. I'm in the way in an awkward place and wouldn't you know, a Tesla pulls up behind me and said: "beautiful car!" as the hazard lights flashed and we stood in the rain waving people around.

Called assistance but could not understand a word because of heavy distortion in the speaker combined with the accent made it impossible.

Convinced wife to abandon car so I could do the turn signal reset (thank you guys for this website !). It worked.

We decided it was not the time to get on the SureKill expressway and drive into old city but I was able to convince the wife that all the guys here say this stuff happens and you do a reset and you're fine. We were two miles from the EA charger at the Plymouth Meeting mall (closer than home) with it's huge empty parking lot (nobody goes there) so I said let's go there so a tow truck can easily maneuver and think about what to do next. We also decided we had no place to tow the car besides home. The wife was willing to try. Two miles later it happened again in the middle of the road, fortunately not a busy one. I was on the road but with enough momentum to coast into the parking lot. Did the turn signal reset again and it worked.

As I was backing out from the EA charger it happened twice more. Total of 4 catastrophic failures in 2 miles. All brake system failures.
Did the turn signal reset each time and it worked. No problems the few miles to home.

So now instead of watching Portugal v Morocco I'm going to drive around the block and see if I can make it happen again. How do you know when a reset permanently fixes an issue?

Note to self: don't download an update on the braking system and then immediately get on the Schuylkill Expressway.

My wife wants everyone to know that she was very calm and accepting and helpful. She won't forget how many points she earned.
Glad you are okay. And yes, the wife earned innumerable points today.

No way to really know if a reset permanently fixes something, unfortunately. It's more of a "wait and see." Make sure Lucid knows what happened (with all 4 resets) and ask for their advice, I guess. They may want to have a look.

If it had only occurred once, I'd say you are probably fine. But 4 times does seem like a red flag.

that sucks. what did Lucid say? i thought .35 was supposed to improve the drive system failure scenarios. maybe you did have a genuine failure that it recognized upon installing .35?. also worth noting that you're not supposed to use the turn signal reset methods (apparently it's only for service tech folks and customers are not supposed to use them).

i hope it's not related to 0.35 update because i just asked my car to install it.

I'd try the key card reset, wait for 30 min and try again. But if not, ask service to repush the update. Maybe thr update got screwed up with install.

also worth noting that you're not supposed to use the turn signal reset methods (apparently it's only for service tech folks and customers are not supposed to use them).
Turn signal method is OK. It‘s the pressing some buttons on the steering wheel which is frowned upon.

#1 - You have a lovely wife.
#2 - sorry you have missed Morocco vs Portugal game, major upset (Morocco played very well)
#3 - keep us updated please about the outcome of your issue.

Turn signal method is OK. It‘s the pressing some buttons on the steering wheel which is frowned upon.
oh you're right, i misread it. i thought he was talking about the steering wheel buttons.

#1 - You have a lovely wife.
#2 - sorry you have missed Morocco vs Portugal game, major upset (Morocco played very well)
#3 - keep us updated please about the outcome of your issue.

Have you been watching these games?! I get up at 2 am to watch them again.

The Eagles are boring...they are on right now and

... meh

to hear the announcer praising Hurts for running a few feet into an empty space ... he's just running ... let me see him dribble that football and I'll watch. let me see him take a cleat to the instep ... let me see him take a toe to the shin... let me see him twist a corner into a header goal

let me see anyone on the Eagles kick a ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

boooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring

I'd try the key card reset, wait for 30 min and try again. But if not, ask service to repush the update. Maybe thr update got screwed up with install.
I was wondering if that is what happened. Does this update come in two parts? I had the car outside when I did the first one and then once I initialized I thought it might be too far from my router but it had already begun so I left it. Then when I came out to check it was done but the white dot was there by the gear again, so I did it again. Everything was normal until the brake system failure about 10 min. / 4 miles .

I did briefly glance at what was in the update and it did mention something about making the "hold" function better. As I was slowing for the red light is when it happened. It was a sudden surge but I had my foot on the brake. The dash just lit up shocking red with BRAKES ARE FKED or something scary like that.

Shows software is updated to **.35

I'd like to make a point : I love this website. thanks to everyone.

also.... I love this car and nothing will change my mind about that.

Last edited:
I was wondering if that is what happened. Does this update come in two parts? I had the car outside when I did the first one and then once I initialized I thought it might be too far from my router but it had already begun so I left it. Then when I came out to check it was done but the white dot was there by the gear again, so I did it again. Everything was normal until the brake system failure about 10 min. / 4 miles .

Shows software is updated to **.35

I'd like to make a point : I love this website. thanks to everyone.
Gosh, this is not a normal behavior. If/when you call CS, can they figure it out over the net?

Gosh, this is not a normal behavior. If/when you call CS, can they figure it out over the net?
Yea I'm gonna text Andy (who fixed my dead video module) Monday and tell him what happened. Don't want to text him today.
The awesome wife: " ... you're going to call him on a Sunday?" yea ... i tend to forget other people have lives. I feel bad for the service guys ... there are only two or three of them and they have to cover the entire continental US. People who complain about Lucid service can rot. The guy left his kids to literally bend over backwards in a near-freezing garage, all day, to install the video module.

By the way ... anyone see Elon's latest tweet? I was going to buy his Plaid until I looked at it = wtf with that "joke" steering wheel and the Dodge Neon interior? It's a nice car for $30k. The wife will have nothing to do with Tesla. She's my moral compass.

Did I mention I love this car and nothing will change that? Thank you Peter. A lot.

Your wife deserves a medal....

Yea I'm gonna text Andy (who fixed my dead video module) Monday and tell him what happened. Don't want to text him today.
The awesome wife: " ... you're going to call him on a Sunday?" yea ... i tend to forget other people have lives. I feel bad for the service guys ... there are only two or three of them and they have to cover the entire continental US. People who complain about Lucid service can rot. The guy left his kids to literally bend over backwards in a near-freezing garage, all day, to install the video module.

By the way ... anyone see Elon's latest tweet? I was going to buy his Plaid until I looked at it = wtf with that "joke" steering wheel and the Dodge Neon interior? It's a nice car for $30k. The wife will have nothing to do with Tesla. She's my moral compass.

Did I mention I love this car and nothing will change that? Thank you Peter. A lot.
Agreed. On all of your points.

Anyone know how to send an email to Lucid service? Calling is no good and texting my problem would be a pain on the phone.

I don't know what to do now. How do I know it won't fail again? Should I just drive around the block for the next 1000 miles?

Going to NYC, would it be better to be stranded in the freezing cold on the GW bridge or under the Hudson river in the Lincoln Tunnel?

I"ve done the key card reset after 4 turn signal resets. Do I dare drive the car? How does one test this?

Meanwhile I'm going to practice putting the tow loop on ... and read-up on how to get the car ready for a flat-bed tow. Fortunately I have the car cover so all the EVs passing by won't see my Lucid being dragged onto a flatbed.

Do we have a place to post questions that a service rep will see ? Looks like I'm the only one to get bricked after the **.35 update.

Last edited:
Anyone know how to send an email to Lucid service? Calling is no good and texting my problem would be a pain on the phone.

I don't know what to do now. How do I know it won't fail again? Should I just drive around the block for the next 1000 miles?

Going to NYC, would it be better to be stranded in the freezing cold on the GW bridge or under the Hudson river in the Lincoln Tunnel?

I"ve done the key card reset after 4 turn signal resets. Do I dare drive the car? How does one test this?

Meanwhile I'm going to practice putting the tow loop on ... and read-up on how to get the car ready for a flat-bed tow. Fortunately I have the car cover so all the EVs passing by won't see my Lucid being dragged onto a flatbed.

Do we have a place to post questions that a service rep will see ? Looks like I'm the only one to get bricked after the **.35 update.
If you can get someone to help, text customer care and ask them to repush the update.

Meanwhile I'm going to practice putting the tow loop on ... and read-up on how to get the car ready for a flat-bed tow.
Make sure your can has had the Tow Hook Recall done or is not part of the recall. On some cars (mostly DEs), the tow hook bracket was not attached properly. You should have gotten a recall notice by mail, if you are affected.

Back