RESOLVED Touring drivers side rear door will NOT OPEN.

Update: Customer service was contacted. Talked to a person. Was told to expect a call from customer care. Nothing happened for 3 hrs. Called again. I was told it may be tomorrow by this time when I may be contacted!

For a car like Lucid this is totally unacceptable! At a minimum someone should have called. At least I will know what to expect!!
The method I have found to be the most reliable is to just text the Lucid service number in the app. They generally reply pretty quick (longest I’ve waited is 45 min, if you indicate it’s urgent I’ve gotten a response within 60 seconds), and it’s writing so there’s less chance for miscommunication/misunderstanding. I’m not sure if you know your local service center # but these days I just have their service coordinator # in my phone and text him if I need anything, and I’ve been blown away how quick to respond they’ve been. If my car has been in for service they’ve also texted me updates periodically unsolicited. While maybe all service centers may not be up to this level of outstanding service yet, that is the goal and Lucid is working towards that.

My Touring is about 6 weeks old, under 1000 miles, and drivers side read door will NOT OPEN. Inside or out. Need service in Cocoa Beach Florida. Called West Palm Beach but they don't answer.

THOUGHTS...???
I had the same problem yesterday with driver side rear door. The door handle presented itself yet the door would not open. I did a hard reset on my car and problem was solved.

Update: Customer service was contacted. Talked to a person. Was told to expect a call from customer care. Nothing happened for 3 hrs. Called again. I was told it may be tomorrow by this time when I may be contacted!

For a car like Lucid this is totally unacceptable! At a minimum someone should have called. At least I will know what to expect!!
I just had this issue today - never had any issues with the doors before. Suddenly the driver's side rear door would not open from the outside (even though the door handle presented). I tried opening from the inside, but that also would not work. I just walked away from the car for a while and then called Customer Service, who told me to try opening it from the inside, and I felt like an idiot that it opened from both the inside and outside this time while Customer Service was on the phone with me. It must have reset itself somehow. Hope yours works out so easily.
Of course, it operated while you were on the phone with customer care. This type of thing happens to me frequently.

Of course, it operated while you were on the phone with customer care. This type of thing happens to me frequently.
If it happens frequently, you should present your car to service for repair.

Welcome to the forum. Please try to remain calm. This is a nice, neighborly place. All will be well.
Update:
I got a call from Lucid service.
Apparently the door handle needs replacement.
John is supposed to come and replcae it on Wednesday next week. A week from the time it broke down.
Since I have other vehicle not a major issue, and I am a patient person!

I hope in course of time Lucid will be able to service customers faster!!

RKW

I've had this issue as well, twice in 6 months of ownership. Walked away from the car and when I returned the problem had solved itself. Glad that I'm not the only one, but also hope that Lucid figures out a fix to prevent this happening in the future!

I've had this issue as well, twice in 6 months of ownership. Walked away from the car and when I returned the problem had solved itself. Glad that I'm not the only one, but also hope that Lucid figures out a fix to prevent this happening in the future!
If it is the same one causing the problem repeatedly, there is a fix: service will replace it or repair it for you.

Just happened to my rear passenger door. The handle is stuck closed. When I go to unlock it, it tries to open and makes a loud clicking noise repeatedly. Opening from the inside and logo reset did not fix it. Will text service.

Just happened to my rear passenger door. The handle is stuck closed. When I go to unlock it, it tries to open and makes a loud clicking noise repeatedly. Opening from the inside and logo reset did not fix it. Will text service.
@Al in Maine also has this on his relatively new GT. Hopefully the factory can learn how to prevent this from happening as this is a known problem. The solution temporarily to wedge a credit card under the door handle when it’s making the popping noise, then when you open the door, slam it very hard and this can reset the door mechanism temporarily.

1.5 weeks since delivery and I can't open my driver's door. When I click on the key fob there is a loud cranking noise as if the mechanism is trying to figure it out. Called service and was told I'll be contacted within 24/48hrs.

1.5 weeks since delivery and I can't open my driver's door. When I click on the key fob there is a loud cranking noise as if the mechanism is trying to figure it out. Called service and was told I'll be contacted within 24/48hrs.
Fixed. Lucid service stopped by this afternoon and fixed it. A broken mechanism was the cause and source of the rattling noise. Great service!

Also has happened to us. Service tech told me that they're on at least the second design to make the handles more robust.

As long as your car isn't actively trying to hunt you down, tomorrow may not be the end of the world. These are still limited-production cars and quirks happen.
I think the majority of the complaint was about the communications, or lack thereof, rather than the quirk itself.

This just happened to me today as well. My mom had to go to the other door to get out of the car. If Lucid knows about this issue shouldn't it be a fix like the window shield wipers. As someone post that's an issue if you get into an accident and you can't exit your car or no one on the outside can.

This just happened to me today as well. My mom had to go to the other door to get out of the car. If Lucid knows about this issue shouldn't it be a fix like the window shield wipers. As someone post that's an issue if you get into an accident and you can't exit your car or no one on the outside can.
You can always open from the inside. You just have to pull firmly on the trigger. It's covered in the manual.

The problem is the handle not presenting on the outside which you can actually still open . I just would slide a credit card under the handle and lift it then pull.

You can always open from the inside. You just have to pull firmly on the trigger. It's covered in the manual.

The problem is the handle not presenting on the outside which you can actually still open . I just would slide a credit card under the handle and lift it then pull.
Actually you can not always open from the inside as the manual says. I tried pulling back hard on the trigger and it did not slide back. I did do the credit trick though that slightly worked, with the car locked but that door still trying to present itself. I got in a cycle at the beginning with that door not presenting while the other 3 are and then the others being present and then that not. Once I got it unstuck I did do what another person said to do and close the door forcefully instead of letting it soft close. With the 4 ways of opening your doors this should not happen.

Actually you can not always open from the inside as the manual says. I tried pulling back hard on the trigger and it did not slide back. I did do the credit trick though that slightly worked, with the car locked but that door still trying to present itself. I got in a cycle at the beginning with that door not presenting while the other 3 are and then the others being present and then that not. Once I got it unstuck I did do what another person said to do and close the door forcefully instead of letting it soft close. With the 4 ways of opening your doors this should not happen.
If your door handle isn't presenting you should contact service to have it replaced. That is a mechanical failure. The credit card trick is what I used until they could replace the handle which resolved the issue. Not sure why the safety release wouldn't work so you should discuss that with them also. Hope it is resolved quickly for you.

My rear driver door was stuck last night. Handle presented itself but wouldn't open from inside or out. Didn't see this thread so I didn't do the pull inside trigger hard. Unlocked fine this morning.

Back